What's next for Bandai? (Wish List)

ArchieNov

My current wishlist for Bandai is: 1) DX YF-21, 2) DX Kairos Arad Custom, and 3) A recolor of the DX VF-31S into a Skull Leader variant (like what they did with the YF-29). Oh, and release Chuck's and Arad's supers soon please. :D

I'm always down for a wish-list. And with a Max TV-1A in a deluxe mold finally on the way, (how did we never get one in an official 1/55 release?) now seems like an especially good time.

1) DX VF-1D
2) DX tv version SDF-1
3) HMR Q-Rau (Millia tv version)
4) DX cannon fodder VF-1A

...That's really it. Anything else is just icing at this point.

2 hours ago, Rogueload said:

My wish list. 

1. SP’s for Arad, Chuck, and 31A

2. DX YF-21

3. DX VF-11B

4. DX Ghost X-9

5. DX VF-31A Arad 

I’ll buy a DX YF-21, DX VF-11B, and DX Ghost X-9 for sure.  I’ll also take them as HMR.

3 hours ago, t040484 said:

I really want a vf-1 that scales with the other dx chogokin

Same here. Would be nice to have an in-scale VF-1 besides the Frontier and Delta Valks. And it’s going to be cheaper too. ^_^ :good:

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

Same here. Would be nice to have an in-scale VF-1 besides the Frontier and Delta Valks. And it’s going to be cheaper too. ^_^ :good:

Why not? Yamato did it. And we know Bandai is too big to fail..

4 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Why not? Yamato did it. And we know Bandai is too big to fail..

True, Yamato did it. But we’re talking about DX Chogokins scaling here.

Edited by no3Ljm

9 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

True, Yamato did it. But we’re talking about DX Chogokins scaling here.

Isn’t that 1/60 ish? In reference to Frontier & Delta you mentioned..

Edited by Bolt

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

Isn’t that 1/60 ish? In reference to Frontier & Delta you mentioned..

If we just want to be that way, yes we can line it up like that. Which I already did it at home. But I’m just agreeing with @t040484. For me, in regards to being all DX Chogokins figures. As much as YamArcadia VF-1’s lines up nicely in-scale with DX Frontier and Delta, it doesn’t have that ‘DX Chogokin’ look. Which in the end I can just do it via Photoshop. ^_^

4 hours ago, t040484 said:

I really want a vf-1 that scales with the other dx chogokin

Well, considering the fact that the YF-21/VF-22 is my favorite Valk design ever, I'm so glad that everyone else is also looking forward to a new DX toy from Bandai. Seriously, as a fan of the design, it's a crying shame to see it get so little love. Not to mention, the Yammie YF-21 has aged so darn poorly. 

The thing is, how likely are they going to do it? I know they had plans for a Hi-Metal YF-21, but scrapped it. Are fans in Japan also clamoring for one? Heck, at this point, if they wanted to tie it into Delta, I wouldn't mind if they did a VF-22 Immelmann version first.

Seriously, if they ever come out with a DX YF-21, I will go out of my way to save up for two, if not three. Imagine if they implemented the ratcheting hip joints + detachable limbs with a press of a button.

When and how often does Bandai usually announce new Macross products anyway?

Edited by Actar

31 minutes ago, Reïvaj said:

The old design can be improved cause even Mr.K from Arcadia has declared he wants to do so.

That, in the hopes that Arcadia will finally gives him the go signal to produce it.

1 hour ago, bravo5 said:

What'll be interesting to see is if Bandai does make a VF-11B DX would they make it closer to 1/60 scale or do the "robots of similar size". If it's the latter, the 11B should be closer to scale with the new 1/48 VF-1 line

I doubt that a DX VF-11B will be closer to scale with the recent DX VF-1. Because if it is, then a DX VF-11B will be bigger than the DX YF-19. You don't want to have a big VF-11B beside your YF-19. 

From Jenius' Anymoon site for height reference:

Yamato-160-VF-11B-6.jpg

Bandai-VF-19Advance-22-1.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

21 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

If given a choice between a DX or HMR of a particular valkyrie, I'll take the DX version. Bring on the DX YF-21 already!

A million times this, I don't want to knock the HMR and the inherent benefits of a smaller size and less expensive price point, but for me they're not fun to play with.

So a DX 21 and 11 would make me very happy.

-b.

11 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

A million times this, I don't want to knock the HMR and the inherent benefits of a smaller size and less expensive price point, but for me they're not fun to play with.

So a DX 21 and 11 would make me very happy.

-b.

A DX YF-21 is probably the top item on my wish list.  At least for items that haven't been teased/prototyped in any way.

I know it is a complicated design, but I think Bandai is at a place where they could really nail it.

33 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

A DX YF-21 is probably the top item on my wish list.  At least for items that haven't been teased/prototyped in any way.

I know it is a complicated design, but I think Bandai is at a place where they could really nail it.

totally agreed

-b.