What's next for Bandai? (Wish List)

ArchieNov

Would be cool if they released battle frontier or even battle frontier with the island cluster for the 10th anniversary. 

Would like a smalle scale. Not looking to spend $600 lol

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, seti88 said:

Argh.. bandai and your fragmented gundam product lines!!

Thx for pointing that out noel...so would you know if there is going to be a MB release?

Hahaha! You can't blame them, Seti. Bandai is synonymous to Gundam. And vice versa. Always has and always will be. :rolleyes:

And no. The only recent announced new MB is the 10th Anniversary Package version for Exia.

I see that they have a pic of Alto's VF-25F in the twitter post. Is that a hint that they will re-release the DX Frontier line?

Talking about the Metal Build Gundam series, I've been tempted so many times to get one, but I'm holding out for Bandai to release the rest of the UC Gundams, particularly from the Zeta, Double Zeta and Sentinel series. The Robot/Metal Damashii versions are nice and all, but none of them transform. I do understand though that Bandai has yet to release a transforming Gundam even in the Metal Build/Metal Fix Figuration line (Unicorn not counted). 

My wish is for Bandai to release a premium Metal Build Double Zeta Gundam that has all the gimmicks of the Master Grade (i.e. transformable, removable Full Armor pack, etc). I'd buy that in a heartbeat. :wub:

16 minutes ago, brouken said:

I see that they have a pic of Alto's VF-25F in the twitter post. Is that a hint that they will re-release the DX Frontier line?

Talking about the Metal Build Gundam series, I've been tempted so many times to get one, but I'm holding out for Bandai to release the rest of the UC Gundams, particularly from the Zeta, Double Zeta and Sentinel series. The Robot/Metal Damashii versions are nice and all, but none of them transform. I do understand though that Bandai has yet to release a transforming Gundam even in the Metal Build/Metal Fix Figuration line (Unicorn not counted). 

My wish is for Bandai to release a premium Metal Build Double Zeta Gundam that has all the gimmicks of the Master Grade (i.e. transformable, removable Full Armor pack, etc). I'd buy that in a heartbeat. :wub:

I agree. Would love to see a Zeta in Metal Build form. But in regards to transforming Gundam in Fix Figuration Metal Composite line, the Zeta Plus Blue and Red do transform. Unless, you meant perfect transformation. ;) 

Ah, that's right! I forgot about the Zeta Plus in the FF Metal Composite line. I stand corrected! I don't have any of those however, so I don't know how much of a partsformer they are. I remember you got one Noel. Is the transformation to waverider mode similar to the MG Zeta's? Although the design of the Zeta isn't technically perfect transformation to begin with. :rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, brouken said:

Ah, that's right! I forgot about the Zeta Plus in the FF Metal Composite line. I stand corrected! I don't have any of those however, so I don't know how much of a partsformer they are. I remember you got one Noel. Is the transformation to waverider mode similar to the MG Zeta's? Although the design of the Zeta isn't technically perfect transformation to begin with. :rolleyes:

Oh. Sorry, sir. I don't have GFFMC Figures. :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, Graham said:

I'm still holding out hope for Bandai's 1/35th VF-1J that was shown in prototype form back in 2015.

I mean as it is the 35th anniversary, it makes perfect sense to release a 1/35 scale toy......haha

Totally agree .....My wife and wallet wouldn't :D

15 hours ago, brouken said:

http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/2009/gff_metal_composite_msz006a1c1bst_z_plus

Veef has a great review of it on collection dx. There's even a video.

Thanks for the link Sandman! Just gone through Veef's review of the GFFMC Zeta Plus. So the scale and the transformation is essentially the same as with the MG. Sort of regret not grabbing one when it was still available, though I agree with Graham that the grey Sentinel version would have been better.

Are you into the Robot Damashii Ver. Ka. Sentinel releases Graham? I know that the grey Zeta-plus is lined up for release in that line. A little frustrated that I missed the pre-orders for the Sentinel FAZZ. :-(

13 minutes ago, brouken said:

*snip*

Sort of regret not grabbing one when it was still available, though I agree with Graham that the grey Sentinel version would have been better.

Are you into the Robot Damashii Ver. Ka. Sentinel releases Graham? I know that the grey Zeta-plus is lined up for release in that line. A little frustrated that I missed the pre-orders for the Sentinel FAZZ. :-(

Just an FYI. There's one of each color of Z-Plus available at Mandarake for Y19000. ;)

Question on RD Z-Plus Grey for release. Is this going to be transformable? I'm assuming it's parts-former since RD line hasn't released any transformable Gundam figure, yes?

Thanks for the tip on Mandarake Noel! For some reason however, Mandarake is blocked here in KSA. I used to be able to order from them when I was back in Jakarta, but not here in Riyadh. :-(

I don't think the upcoming RD release of the Zeta-Plus will be transformable. I do like the fact that the RD Sentinel FAZZ has removable armor; a gimmick not found on the regular RD FAZZ.

I'm hoping Bandai lets TREX design a DX VF-25 3.0. I've got cracked hinges on my Renewals and I was never rough with any of them.

IIRC DX 1 was made by the internal Tamashii team. For the Renewals, the lead designer of the 1/72 VF-25 plamo kit oversaw the design.  Meanwhile TREX designed the DX VF-31 and it's a big step in the right direction. 

Damn spring pins and cracked hinges!

11 hours ago, Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0 said:

I'm hoping Bandai lets TREX design a DX VF-25 3.0. I've got cracked hinges on my Renewals and I was never rough with any of them.

IIRC DX 1 was made by the internal Tamashii team. For the Renewals, the lead designer of the 1/72 VF-25 plamo kit oversaw the design.  Meanwhile TREX designed the DX VF-31 and it's a big step in the right direction. 

Damn spring pins and cracked hinges!

Interesting about the different design teams. Explains a lot. Wich team did the draken i wonder?

On 9/22/2017 at 3:52 AM, Sandman said:

Interesting about the different design teams. Explains a lot. Wich team did the draken i wonder?

I get the feeling it's either their Bandai's internal design team or the freelancer that designed the 171. Hope TREX designs a Renewal 262. There's reason enough for one to be made moreso than there was for a 27 Renewal.

2 hours ago, jenius said:

Didn't TREX do the 171? I was told it was the same guy that did Yamato's 17 and he struggled to make sure both were unique. This would lead me to think its TREX. 

I'm not sure. I never knew who the designer actually was. All I knew was that it was the same designer from the Yamato VF-17 and I read that from your old posts.

The 171 doesn't strike me as one of TREX's designs though. I could be wrong.

I'd love to see the 171 retooled with a much sturdier crotch lock mechanism, a redesigned mechanism to transform the lower legs and less parts overall. That toy was a victim of having too many moving parts got transformation coupled with the usual loose Bandai Macross diecast ball joints. The forearm and lower leg transformations came off to me as needlessly more complex than they should be. Not that they were actually complex but to get to step A to B required more steps than it should have on those parts.

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

This has a pretty good possibility.....

Good thing I also want HMR versions....

Siona1477783653.jpeg

This scheme is perfect as is. Though it wouldn't hurt to add black color on the circle panel below the side leg area. ^_^

Siona1477783653.jpeg.7bb004b1e1729530bc80531037710159.jpeg