What's next for Bandai? (Wish List)

ArchieNov

No, that doesn't work. If you buy an exclusive license for a scale the licensor can't grant another entity the right to make a toy the same size, regardless of how it's labeled. If they did that they'd never be able to sell an exclusive license again.

Hence why I added the "as long as BW grants the rights" caveat. I'll defer to your expertise in licensing legalities, however, as I readily admit that I'm not well versed in such matters. One thing is certain, if you're right and Bandai is indeed releasing a 1/60 sized YF-19 (forward hinged canopy front section and all), then Arcadia undoubtedly lost, or chose not to renew, the license for Alpha One, and likely the whole M+ property... It's not like they were doing much with it anyway, so Bandai might as well have a crack at it.

Hence why I added the "as long as BW grants the rights" caveat. I'll defer to your expertise in licensing legalities, however, as I readily admit that I'm not well versed in such matters. One thing is certain, if you're right and Bandai is indeed releasing a 1/60 sized YF-19 (forward hinged canopy front section and all), then Arcadia undoubtedly lost, or chose not to renew, the license for Alpha One, and likely the whole M+ property... It's not like they were doing much with it anyway, so Bandai might as well have a crack at it.

I'm also making a ton of assumptions in regards to how the rights are being handled. The YF-19 rights may very well be separate from the YF-21 rights or they may be wrapped up in an "all of MacPlus at this scale" type of deal . I bet it depends a lot on what Bandai asked for. If Bandai only wanted the YF-19 they could probably get that cheaper than locking up all of Macross Plus. If they perceived that this was their opportunity to lock Arcadia out then they might have been able to secure everything for Mac Plus. We won't really know until it actually plays out. I mean, we did see Kaiyodo doing Revoltechs at the same time Yamato did GnuDous so there's also the possibility some non-exclusive rights could be granted. So I've definitely got my opinion on how things are being divvied up but I'll freely admit to there being plenty of opportunity for me to be wrong.

I call it as Bandai attempting to commit genocide on Macross fan's wallets. :p

That's what I've come to suspect too. With all the recent announcements, it's obvious Bandai is out o bankrupt me, with a vengeance... :unsure::o ... B))

Edited by mechaninac

Ok this has been weighing on my mind...since bandai is planning on the 1/100 vf-0a........would it be possible that........

there would be a 1/100 reactive armour pack also.....i know its too early to even tell but with arcadia's release coming up...

more of a budget planning question...

I love that Bandai has all of these different options for us on display but until I see an official product release announcement I'll wait patiently. I don't wanna hype myself with all these previews only to find that some might turn into vaporware.

I don't get my hopes up for any releases based on the images from the show. It could only be a display piece celebrating the history of Macross with a custom made model for every entry in the series. It would be a terrible waste of money but I get exited once we get a release announcement. I'm super hyped for the HMR VF-2SS though.

LOL! What?! :p

I can be exited for something even if it might never see the light of day so what is your problem? ^_^

1. I'm not taking the display piece at the show as an indication that all of them getting released
  2. The outlook of a HMR VF-2SS gets me exicted

Those are two completely different things. :)

I think Toy Revolution might have something to say about that.

Who??? Did you mean Evolution Toys perhaps or is there another company out there? Need more MacII products from anywhere.

Edited by wmkjr

ET got nothing to say since they got a fugly rendtion and don't even want to include the SAP until much later (if ever).

Bandai's got the SAP on their's on the get-go.

But they do have the license for a 1/60 scale VF-2SS right? If they have that license already then Bandai can't touch it.

Well, we don't really know if Bandai Hi-metal 1/100 VF-2SS is going to be great or not...so I'll have see it to believe it first I guess.

Who knows, maybe Bandai will release the VF-2SS by itself then a combo pack with the SAP as a online exclusive. :rolleyes:

But they do have the license for a 1/60 scale VF-2SS right? If they have that license already then Bandai can't touch it.

Well, we don't really know if Bandai Hi-metal 1/100 VF-2SS is going to be great or not...so I'll have see it to believe it first I guess.

Who knows, maybe Bandai will release the VF-2SS by itself then a combo pack with the SAP as a online exclusive. :rolleyes:

I'm sure Bandai is a big enough company to get the license back from ET (maybe by buying them) ^_^. So if the HMR VF-2SS is released and it does well (doubtful) maybe they will take a shot at a DX release.

But I think you're right. Even if the DX Chogokins are non-scale Bandai won't be able to release one of the VF-2SS at the moment.

• 5 months later...

After watching the 2nd episode of Delta, I really hope they do the Macross Quarter-looking type HQ ship. It doesn't have the gun and carrier deck that the Macross Frontier had, but instead sports two Prometheus type ships for arms.

Of course I want it to have better paint apps and a more solid carrier mode compared to the original Quarter.

Just saw on MW facebook that in Deltas ep 3 Mirage trains Hayate with a couple of vf-1. I wonder if that enebles Bandai to do a dx vf-1....

We'll never know. But that doesn't stop us from hoping. ;)

And if that happens, Bandai just gave Spanner a whole lot of headache. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno how many suggestion i've made. HAHA just another one, do excuse me if somebody already make this suggestion.

BANDAI, ARCADIA, YAMATO, MegaHouse And ALL Other Macross Makers!!!

PLEASE CONTINUES your RE-ISSUE!!! RE-ISSUE AND RE-ISSUE!!!

We may MISS the time buying Macross merchandise during the release time. Or no money at that moment....cry cry sob sob

PLEASE MAKE MONEY FROM US. LAUGH OUT LOUD

And also please continue to make NEW Macross merchandise for us too!

SHOUT SHOUT LET IT ALL Out "Macross Delta Mercat singing tears for fears shout." Hurray to all old collectors! MEOW

Edited by alvaro

Just saw on MW facebook that in Deltas ep 3 Mirage trains Hayate with a couple of vf-1. I wonder if that enebles Bandai to do a dx vf-1....

I thought someone said Bandai worked together on this show, so surely everything they showed was planned to enable them to sell product, especially things that touch on our nostalgia. Did those MonsterArts ever happen? This time round the bad guys are more jets too...

I was just daydreaming if Bandai had the Transformers line, what it could be HM-R/SRC/RobotSpirits or SoC/MetalBuild/kitset...