What's next for Bandai? (Wish List)

ArchieNov

12 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm pretty sure the event is done by now. So whatever happened to Arad's and Chuck's Super Parts and Elvis' Valk? :unknw:

Delta is going up against VF-1 DX squads, GBP DX and YF-21 DX teased. Plus pent-up demand for HMR.

Tough sell for delta for a while i think.

12 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Was any thing other than the tv super parts announced at the event?

I think that's it regarding Macross stuff. Because if there was, the other threads are probably active by now.

• 2 weeks later...

Since some of us are briefly talking about M7 in the DX VF-1 thread.

Why not a DX VF-19 Fire Valk packaged with the Sound Booster and the Sound Cannon for those who are interesred (or does Arcadia still have the reigns for that)?

If you still haven't seen M7 yet @no3Ljm, then I don't blame you. You can just skip over that, it's nothing important.    

9 minutes ago, borgified said:

Why not a DX VF-19 Fire Valk packaged with the Sound Booster and the Sound Cannon for those who are interesred (or does Arcadia still have the reigns for that)?

If you still haven't seen M7 yet @no3Ljm, then I don't blame you. You can just skip over that, it's nothing important.    

Yeah, I'd take that and some VF-22 and VF-11 while we are at it.

39 minutes ago, borgified said:

Sign me up please.

We all know that the DX YF-21 is arriving as we got pics of it and a thread made for it's ultimate arrival, it's the DX VF-11 that's missing as of now.

Plus I know for sure that most of us will want a copy of a DX VF-11 MAXL flown by Mylene and have at least a line up of the main valks flown in the Jenius Family tree.  ^_^

17 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Make that a full set vf-11 with double boosters and ....was there a pilotless vf-11 too? In m+? 

8 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Ah the double boosters would be so cool!

Yes and yes!!!!!

1 hour ago, easnoddy said:

Hopefully if Bandai do it they make full-sized tailfins/stabilizers that fold in half before folding into the legs.  This was a failing of the Yamato.  The huge stabilizers are iconic on the VF-11.

See the source image

Personally, for Bandai, I would like to see what is next in store for the new Macross Delta movie 2, I would like to see them complete the Hi-Metal R Macross 2 Vf’s, such as the VF-2JA, VF-1MS, VF-XX, Maybe some of the Marduk Mecha for the destroid lovers.....but I would rather enjoy a DX VF-2SS SAP in 1/60.  DX YF-21 Full set released, and the full array of Macross 7 DX Releases to include the Varuta VF’s

Twich

If the Hi-Metal R VF-2SS SAP came with a stand that could hold the valk and the squires all at the same time, perhaps the sales would have been stronger. As it is, having to spend almost as much for a stand as the toy can leave a poor taste

Not sure about the stands, as them 3-pks were damn frickin' cheap both here and in Japan.

As for the HMR VF2SS...

The Sylvie-VF2SS did fine in sales and aftermarket value.  It still commands almost MSRP pricing in secondary markets, last time I checked.

The "Nexx", BIG NOPE!  I see it almost constantly way cheap and undervalued as new in most jp-shops. Even (or especially) in amz-jp and manda.

More likely the Nexx-VF2SS sales would've been alot better if Bandai had actually put the correct pilot figure for it instead...

49 minutes ago, treatment said:

Not sure about the stands, as them 3-pks were damn frickin' cheap both here and in Japan.

As for the HMR VF2SS...

The Sylvie-VF2SS did fine in sales and aftermarket value.  It still commands almost MSRP pricing in secondary markets, last time I checked.

The "Nexx", BIG NOPE!  I see it almost constantly way cheap and undervalued as new in most jp-shops. Even (or especially) in amz-jp and manda.

More likely the Nexx-VF2SS sales would've been alot better if Bandai had actually put the correct pilot figure for it instead...

I don't know about sales being "a lot" better. Sales might have been better... but they'd have to have been really significantly better to soften the 'thud' that thing made when it hit the market. At 1/100 scale, the pilot doesn't seem a huge deal. They should have split the production run and sold half as Nexx and half as Faerie. 

50 minutes ago, jenius said:

I don't know about sales being "a lot" better. Sales might have been better... but they'd have to have been really significantly better to soften the 'thud' that thing made when it hit the market. At 1/100 scale, the pilot doesn't seem a huge deal. They should have split the production run and sold half as Nexx and half as Faerie. 

"Thud"???

It barely made a whimper.

At least it didn't quite went to bargain-bin mode at amz-jp direct as quickly as the HM-R VF-4 "Roy" and the various SOC-FAs.

I don't think Bandai have had any recent sellout hits outside of the original Metal Build EVAs.  I still wonder what the fugazi people see in EVA mechs that is even remotely so desirable.   *shrugs*

Even the GFFMC Zaku-II could be had at MSRP at amz-jp direct a month or so after release-date.

Maybe that's why there seems to be alot of Bandai stuff going twe/pbandai route nowadays.

6 hours ago, borgified said:

Then who do you think that the Amour for the VF-11 will be manufactured by @seti88?

It's either going to be Bandai or Fext Hobby. 

If we are talking abt the exact replica of the vf-11 armor as in M7, then its gonna be bandai.

If Fext does anything, it wont be the exact replica of the M7 armor, else they want to be on bandai's hit list.
Fext Hobby armors are not directly macross related but more fan inspired. 

21 hours ago, seti88 said:

If we are talking abt the exact replica of the vf-11 armor as in M7, then its gonna be bandai.

If Fext does anything, it wont be the exact replica of the M7 armor, else they want to be on bandai's hit list.
Fext Hobby armors are not directly macross related but more fan inspired. 

Hmm.. Then Bandai will ask another leg and arm (plus extra unwanted organs included) for this set. 

Another "Wish List" item for Bandai when the VF-11 does get produced.   

• 2 months later...