What's next for Bandai? (Wish List)

ArchieNov

Just now, Alphahorizon said:

A release that isn't plagued by lack of quantity? Sorry the salty tears are slowly drying up. This to shall pass.

If we all stop paying to be treated this way, they will F'ing figure it out, or go broke.:5:

But this is not just Bandai's fault; We're allowing ourselves to be treated this way.

*sigh* You're not the only one coming up out of the salt mines...

50 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

If we all stopped paying to be treated this way, they'd just cut production quantities even more.

LOL,

Well, all actions have consequences...

But communication via the internet is a very cheap and easy way to acquire data. We're all here... Bandai have an online presence... they currently employ reps who deal with their distributors/retailers... all the pieces are already in place...

This can't be that hard... 

This is like the British Having the Chain-Home Radar Installations in 1940, but NOT connecting it to a network to consolidate/make use of the Data they generated...

In my estimation [having, admittedly, NO IDEA how many DX VF-1's they're actually producing per-run] they are both leaving money on the table and aggravating folks like me who just want to give them my money...:unknw:

Edited by slide

Now that I've asked myself that question, Does anyone know how many DX VF-1J's were produced?

Are they serialized? and if so whose got the lowest/Highest numbers?

2 minutes ago, slide said:

Now that I've asked myself that question, Does anyone know how many DX VF-1J's were produced?

Are they serialized? and if so whose got the lowest/Highest numbers?

This is an unanswered question. No one knows apparently.

Bandai doesn't do serial numbers. Harmony Gold already trademarked the use of that on their Toynami figures. :rolleyes:

Edited by no3Ljm

Just now, no3Ljm said:

Bandai doesn't do serial numbers.

That strikes me as Odd for some reason... Maybe I'm just accustomed to seing collectibles saying "#321 of 5000" or some-such

Well... that does explain some QC things; like the HMR Super VF-1A having a small batch with wrong Fastpack attachment points getting through... Serial#'s make it easy to track/fix stuff like that... be hard to fix without them [even if it got caught] because you'd have no idea which pallets on the shipping dock were effected... 

Edited by slide

I feel like between the DX Chogokin PO madness, and the HMR line in general, we need a "Guess the inner workings of Bandai" thread, where we all try to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll get any real answers this far down the food chain.  And while I enjoy speculating what goes on at Bandai management as much as the next guy (and I genuinely do), I feel like we just spin our wheels and rehash the same arguments every time things like this happen.

For my part, I can understand how we got here with the Frontier valks (to some degree).  But that was almost 8 years ago.  I don't really understand why things haven't improved for manufacturer, distributor, and consumer.  But Bandai is definitely top-dog in the Macross world now, so I don't know how much incentive they have to change how they manage things.

I'm pretty sure one of the members here works or an insider in Bandai. They also lurk online. Since they are bound to NDA's (Non-disclousre Agreement), they will not leak informations. So it's more of a guessing game.

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Kawamori already cashed his sizable paycheck and spends time with girls less than half his age. 

He's not going to complain. 

You have to admit, it makes him look... cool. 8)

kawamori_walkure.jpg.06f6a2d34e48692d370d5b478d90f21e.jpg

^_^

4 hours ago, Mommar said:

What's this about the MB Eva?

MB Eva was scalped by Chinese. There are groups of people lining up on the store on the date of release. They basically comply with 1person = 1 toy but yeah, fans were not happy. Since the price easily doubled.

There were numerous complaint and some figure head from Evangelion tweeted to Bandai to take action. Shortly Bandai announced that they will reissue of MB Eva-01 after Eva-02.

Edit: link shared by Noel is more complete story lol

Edited by chyll2

4 hours ago, chyll2 said:

MB Eva was scalped by Chinese. There are groups of people lining up on the store on the date of release. They basically comply with 1person = 1 toy but yeah, fans were not happy. Since the price easily doubled.

There were numerous complaint and some figure head from Evangelion tweeted to Bandai to take action. Shortly Bandai announced that they will reissue of MB Eva-01 after Eva-02.

Edit: link shared by Noel is more complete story lol

It's interesting how the Chinese market is playing a dual role in this "battle" (disclaimer: I'm Chinese as well)

- On one hand, they "mass scalp" the market on new releases and turn these around in the short term for an immediate profit

- But on the other side of the market, there are Chinese bootleggers who somehow manage to get to the molds and churn out their own KO versions, and sell them on Taobao in masses.

Case in point: the MB Strike Freedom.  This was a bitch to preorder and secondary market prices for an MISB copy easily doubled or tripled the MSRP.  See the two pics below.  One was the KO version and the other taken from a shop in Nakano.  I couldn't see any visible differences between the two.

Strike Freedom 2 resize.jpg

Strike Freedom resize.jpg

6 hours ago, t040484 said:

Is that the voice actresses?

Yes. Voice and Singing. Except for Junna, the second one from the right, she only does the singing voice of Mikumo.

3 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Case in point: the MB Strike Freedom.  This was a bitch to preorder and secondary market prices for an MISB copy easily doubled or tripled the MSRP.  See the two pics below.  One was the KO version and the other taken from a shop in Nakano.  I couldn't see any visible differences between the two.

Strike Freedom 2 resize.jpg

Strike Freedom resize.jpg

I don't have the original MB Strike Freedom. But out of curiosity, can you tell if both have the same color shadings for you to say that there's no visual differences? I have both 00 Raiser Gundam, and I can say that there's a slight differences on the color tone. Just asking.

45 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Yes. Voice and Singing. Except for Junna, the second one from the right, she only does the singing voice of Mikumo.

I don't have the original MB Strike Freedom. But out of curiosity, can you tell if both have the same color shadings for you to say that there's no visual differences? I have both 00 Raiser Gundam, and I can say that there's a slight differences on the color tone. Just asking.

Hi @no3Ljm, I don't have the original MB SF to compare side-by-side to the KO, and that was the first and only time I ever saw a real-life copy at the store in Nakano.  From the pic, and looking at my KO copy in hand, I can't really tell the difference in color shadings. 

The only other times when I compared an original toy with a KO were with MP Transformers and the VF-1S KO.  With the VF-1S, the differences were very clear, and I could tell straight away by looking at a picture if it's the KO version.  However, the difference in the MP Transformers, and in this case, the MB Strike Freedom, were minimal to me.  Which raises a huge concern with secondary market sales. 

If I really looked hard, the only part that I can see a color difference is the shade of gold paint in the antenna on the MB SF.  Bandai's original had a finer gold paint on it, whereas the KO seems to use a "grainier" gold paint.  But that's about as much as I can tell, and the degree of other differences may vary between different people.

For me, a bootleg copy at its price point was too good to pass up, even though I am fully aware that I supported a KO pirate in buying this in the first place.  It's either that, or feeding the scalpers for multiples of the cost.

• 1 month later...
On 4/5/2019 at 12:54 PM, Sanity is Optional said:

After how well the YF-19 sold, I think they'd be crazy to not be at least looking into making a DX YF-21. Not to mention the VF-22 (Macross 7 and Macross Delta) derivatives they could make from the same mold.

Well... Concidering that hero valks are more on demand than the enemy valks (look at the 262 Hs since they are now still shelf warming in stores, however the Zentradi mechs of the Gaulg and Regult are hot sellers), is Guld considered a enemy even thought he is classified as the antagonist character?

A teased HM render of the YF-21 was shown, not released. How is Bandai going improve on the Zentradi tech of the Yammie 1/60 Q-rau and the YF-21/VF-22s if they should decide to make their version into DX form?

We all know that the legs on the Q-raus/ YF-21/VF-22s where skinny and back heavy however they maintained their pose when fiddled with, plus maybe keep the de-limiter mode as well (be like the VF-1 mold in which the legs and the rest of the bot separates upon transformation)? :p 

Secondly.. Weapons Storage which was un-exsistant due to the compactness of the legs. No doubt that fold booster will be included. 

Did Guld ever use the fold booster in chasing Isamu in M+ ? I know that Isamu used it, however I can't recall if Guld uses it due to the mind link up to the YF-21. 

Just now, jenius said:

The HMR Glaug was a shelf warmer. The Regult sold alright, it was available at retail for a bit after release and became a hot item later. 

God I wish they'd do another Regult release.  But first I want my Zentran power armors.

The 262 sold poorly due to the engineering on top of poor quality control (tampo peeling off on some units) combined with being an enemy unit.

As to the YF-21, it'd be interesting to see how they re-did the proportions/transformation to make it more stable.

4 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

The 262 sold poorly due to the engineering on top of poor quality control (tampo peeling off on some units) combined with being an enemy unit.

As to the YF-21, it'd be interesting to see how they re-did the proportions/transformation to make it more stable.

Somehow I think that years down the road we may see the Sv-262 and missile set become sought after items (not unlike the old Yamato VT-1 and VE-1’s) if this mold is going to be a one-and-done deal. The mecha design is so unique and unlike any previous valks we had seen, and that may become a selling point eventually. 

There is no doubt in my mind that the price for the 262 will go up after the current stock is gone for a bit. It’s how it always goes. I would like some CF and Mirage variants though. Don’t care much about an Elvis version but I’ll take it too. 

It is a pretty Valk, and very unique both in transformation and appearance, much like the SV-262 (but with none of the sagging).

I'm glad I've got a pair, but I'll be more glad if they re-issue a 1.5 version with the wing hinges simplified a bit (closer to the 1/72 model kit).

12 hours ago, borgified said:

Did Guld ever use the fold booster in chasing Isamu in M+ ? I know that Isamu used it, however I can't recall if Guld uses it due to the mind link up to the YF-21. 

Yes. It was shown briefly (silhouette) during Guld’s take-off.

AC80C5D7-7D91-4F60-B245-E65C1F8D3822.jpeg.ce9c0a5bab11b4b579dcb597ffc8b72e.jpeg

6 hours ago, Podtastic said:

By now everyone is probably aware of this I guess, but it certainly looks promising.

https://news.toyark.com/2019/05/13/warhammer-40000-space-marine-figure-by-bandai-344950

I certainly hope they give us Eldar as well, what cool figures Striking Scorpions and Swooping Hawks would make.

I'm actually hoping Bandai Pulls a Yamato with this one and gives us a kit version... or at least one that's plain like the renders and test-shot.... I don't wqant to have to sand-off  all the Smurf Iconography to replace it with Dark Angels Icons... but if I have to I will!

3 minutes ago, slide said:

I'm actually hoping Bandai Pulls a Yamato with this one and gives us a kit version... or at least one that's plain like the renders and test-shot.... I don't wqant to have to sand-off  all the Smurf Iconography to replace it with Dark Angels Icons... but if I have to I will!

Hey guys, please stay on topic. These may be Bandai items but the thread is for Macross related items only.

Thanks.

17 hours ago, borgified said:

He Must have...Otherwise New-Edwards would have had to send a Fold-capable ship after Isamu... and get the '21 on-board. 

Guld would never have caught him

I really hope Bandai HMR's the 21 first instead of DX'ing it...

Edited by slide

14 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Hey guys, please stay on topic. These may be Bandai items but the thread is for Macross related items only.

Thanks.

Noted.

Unfortunately this leave the answer as... not much other than boring old Valkyries seemingly. Not a Regult or Queadluun in sight. :(