What's next for Bandai? (Wish List)

ArchieNov

Bandai should grab the Macross Plus and game licenses, so they can reissue the VF-19 Advance in Full plus Scheme, and the VF-19A scheme, as well as low vis, and so they can make a YF-21 Toy, to go with our VF-19's... I would definitely get the YF-21 at DX Chogokin prices... And also renew their Macross Frontier licenses and continue producing the awesome frontier toys. Let Arcadia have the M7, Zero, and SDFM stuff, since they probably did it just about perfect on the VF-1.

Bandai should grab the Macross Plus and game licenses, so they can reissue the VF-19 Advance in Full plus Scheme, and the VF-19A scheme, as well as low vis, and so they can make a YF-21 Toy, to go with our VF-19's... I would definitely get the YF-21 at DX Chogokin prices... And also renew their Macross Frontier licenses and continue producing the awesome frontier toys. Let Arcadia have the M7, Zero, and SDFM stuff, since they probably did it just about perfect on the VF-1.

I think Arcadia did a pretty good job with the YF-19 and the YF-21 from Yamato was pretty solid, other than the floppy wings. I doubt the market can absorb another 19 right now. Next year, maybe.

Edited by neoexcaliber

I think Arcadia did a pretty good job with the YF-19 and the YF-21 from Yamato was pretty solid, other than the floppy wings. I doubt the market can absorb another 19 right now. Next year, maybe.

You may have a point there. I really want a YF-21, and because the prices for the Yamatos are exorbitant right now, that dream will never be. That's why I'm wishing for it.

Yamato's YF-21 and the VF-22 are great toys, I'd say almost perfect, the sculpt fit and finish are top notch. Some people dislike battroid because of the skinny legs, they're okay in my book. Don't know if a renewal YF-21 would be a vast improvement over the existing one.

You're right!! If the legs are not rotated carefully one might end with cracked thighs.

Yup. Broke one of mine. And he's been in Fighter mode for awhile. If they can make that thigh sturdy... Make Mine Bandai! :lol:

As much as i dont really want Arcadia to renew the VF-1 id still wouldn't mind seeing Bandai have a go at it as i know they wont be making many of them and i wont have to justify replacing all my YamArc v2 lot.. :)

Read my sig again... Loudly this time! :lol:

The Arcadia/Yamato Vf-1 series are near perfect. Bandai couldn't improve on these toys even if they wanted to. Ditto for the YF-21.

I would rather they concentrate on variants featured in frontier, and Macros 30 for the time being. I want Aisha and Mae valks. Since they seem to have more freedom with Variants, I'd love to see more custom variants of the vf-25, 27, 29, 30, and 171 and now the 19 advance. A low vis 19, 30, 171 and 27 would be kickass. They can go crazy on new molds once the new series has been released.

Edited by Golden Arms

Guld was dead by the time Macross Frontier showed Isamu. If anything you would think it would be a VF-22, but they did not seem to exists at all in the frontier fleet. Bandai would have to buy the Macross Plus license and I honestly am not predicting they will anytime soon. They Sponsored this new show and I have the feeling they are looking ahead without looking back, but I guess you never know.

So what we need is a Frontier production that shows someone flying a VF-22S (customized to look like a YF-21). Maybe the son of Guld Goa Bowman? He and Myung did do the horizontal tango before he died, and It wouldn't be the first time a guy raised his dead best friend's son... Wouldn't that be a great tie in...

Actually doesn't the VF-22 appear in Macross 30? Did Guld show up in that game? I never completed it myself. If not, they could make the other variants from the game.

YF-21, VF-22, and VF-22s are all in Macross 30. Some pretty cool schemes, too. Guld also shows up.

..raised by Isamu, and Myung. He could be a pop star pilot!

My dad acted in community theater while he was in the military, so why not. Also, Isamu as a father figure... That would be a sight...

YF-21, VF-22, and VF-22s are all in Macross 30. Some pretty cool schemes, too. Guld also shows up.

There you go... Bandai has an excuse because they have the license to produce valks from Macross 30. Just out of curiosity, did the YF-19 paint scheme show up there? I haven't played the game, for lack of a PS3 and japanese language skills...

As for what's next? How about a fixed reissue of the VF-171 CF, bundled with the super parts set?

My dad acted in community theater while he was in the military, so why not. Also, Isamu as a father figure... That would be a sight...

There you go... Bandai has an excuse because they have the license to produce valks from Macross 30. Just out of curiosity, did the YF-19 paint scheme show up there? I haven't played the game, for lack of a PS3 and japanese language skills...

As for what's next? How about a fixed reissue of the VF-171 CF, bundled with the super parts set?

YF-19 is in it as well. Plenty of schemes, including Isamu's. Fast pack, but no VF-19 advance.

Sadly I missed out on the VF-22's & YF-21 when they first came out from Yamato. If they do have the licenses plus the prices Bandai has been charging I could actually afford these bad boys!!

^^"How about a fixed reissue of the VF-171 CF, bundled with the super parts set?"^^ .... This as well, the breaking triangles parts are the reason I have no CF-171's.

Sadly I missed out on the VF-22's & YF-21 when they first came out from Yamato. If they do have the licenses plus the prices Bandai has been charging I could actually afford these bad boys!!

^^"How about a fixed reissue of the VF-171 CF, bundled with the super parts set?"^^ .... This as well, the breaking triangles parts are the reason I have no CF-171's.

I'm with you there bud. I don't have a CF VF-171 because of Jenius's review. The exploded thigh at the gerwalk joint, nope. I got the Alto VF-171EX for just that reason.

If they fixed the VF-171 cannon fodder I'd get one, especially if it came with super parts, because I want those big missiles...

I will like new valks unfortunately according to statistics are more likely see repainted specifically of the yf 30 and vf 19 advance taking into consideration that all previous releases has repainted:

vf 19 advance ?

vf 25 (6 repainted)

vf 27 (2 repainted)

yf 29 (5 repainted)

yf 30 ?

Oh, I agree they're going to do the heck out of some repaints, and maybe some slight re-molds (like the YF-25, RVF-25, and VF-25G/A). I'm just saying that it would be nice to see some new stuff too, and some fixed older stuff.

Honestly surprised we haven't seen a yf-30 repaint yet. Also interesting that the vf-27 hasn't had more repaints.

Can't say im that interested in a Lucifer repaint.. I think having Brera and Grace (and CF option) is enough of them for my tastes. The 30 on the other hand yes im also surprised that no repaints have surfaced as yet. Or even option parts of any kind!

Can't say im that interested in a Lucifer repaint.. I think having Brera and Grace (and CF option) is enough of them for my tastes. The 30 on the other hand yes im also surprised that no repaints have surfaced as yet. Or even option parts of any kind!

I don't even know where to begin with mounting boosters and such on the YF-30...

YF-21 or VF-22 variant, VF-14 Vampire (b/c who doesn't want an SR-71 inspired valk), VF-5000, and VF-9 Cutlass.

All of these have been done in garage kit form by Experten. I'd love to see Bandai, with all their experience and resources, produce these as toys. And the Variable Glaug, b/c it's cool, and I want it in toy form..

The VF-1 has been done to death. All the above pose any number of engineering challenges, and I believe Bandai has the pedigree to realize these as practical transforming figures.

• 2 weeks later...