What's next for Bandai? (Wish List)

ArchieNov

Macross the Ride Valkyries. ^_^

Breras Ghost Drones are high on my list too as well as the Battle Frontier and Battle Galaxy. The Quarter is not very appealing to me due to the lackluster design but I'd bite for a movie colored version (the one Bandai released is from the show right?). The colors of the Quarter are too muted for my likings, especially the ones on the flight deck.

I want the Ride Valks as well, though I am not sure if they can get the license for that

• 2 weeks later...

How about some more capital ship love? A Battle 7 and Battle Galaxy would be nice. Also, like what was mentioned in other threads, I would like to see a Bandai SDF-1. :)

I do like this paint scheme! Looks a lot more like a real jet than all of the others! But as I have said before.. we really don't need another 29 but maybe just maybe I would make an exception for this one! It just needs to have the Isamu head unit & bayonet gunpod instead though.. And be either unmarked or part of SMS!

lowvis.jpg

Edited by spanner76

I'm a sucker for a 29 and in that blue and silver...oh my... :wub: . However, like has been mentioned, a 30 in something different would be nice, but I'll bet you dollars to donuts they are holding off for the schemes from Macross Delta or whatever it's gonna be called, so people won't be "30'd out" by the time they release stuff from that.

After handling Bandai's VF-19 Advance for the last couple of weeks and being very impressed with the quality and engineering I would like to see any of the following happen:

- DX VF-1 with same level of sophistication as the VF-19 Advance

- Bandai aquiring the Macross 7 license to make DX VF-19S/-F variants

- Hi-Metal line to quickly move on to Macross Plus and 7, with YF-19/VF-19 (ver. 2.0) profiting from the DX engineering

If bandai is following the steps of Arcadia, then I don't mind seeing their renditions of the yf-21, vf-0 and the vf-4 in DX.

Fortunately, the VF-0 did make an appearance in Frontier, so they technically could, as for the VF-4 and YF-21, those would need to make appearances in the Frontier series ( a new frontier movie, or frontier related video game, which it may have already, I haven't played M30, and don't have a PS3). So as long as it has appeared in frontier associated material, they can stretch legality, to do it.

I would also like to see this happen, as Bandai is proving to be the more cost efficient option. Beside I love their new frontier toys. The VF-27 is on my wish list, as is the Ozma Armored valk.

• VF-19 Advance in low-vis grey = instant buy.
  • YF-29 in low-vis grey, like the pic above = instant buy.
  • VF-2SS with SAP = instant buy.
  • VF-2JA = instant buy.

Not much else I want at the moment.

That Plaid / Tartan YF-29 was just stupid. The Macross 30 game designers were really not even trying by that point and had seriously run out of ideas for cool color schemes............urghhhhh

Graham

After handling Bandai's VF-19 Advance for the last couple of weeks and being very impressed with the quality and engineering I would like to see any of the following happen:

- DX VF-1 with same level of sophistication as the VF-19 Advance

- Bandai aquiring the Macross 7 license to make DX VF-19S/-F variants

- Hi-Metal line to quickly move on to Macross Plus and 7, with YF-19/VF-19 (ver. 2.0) profiting from the DX engineering

This would be pretty cool I must admit!! B)) Im totally fine with Bandai having a go at a VF-1 but Arcadia is NOT allowed.. :p:D:rolleyes:

I forgot about the vf-0 appearance in frontier. Wouldn't it be funny if they released one right arcadia does like the vf-19.

Really!? it did!? I flat out cannot remember that! Geez I need to start watching the series again..

So yeah technically speaking they probably could do something with it! :huh:^_^

The VF-0D appears in the tv episodes, when Sheryl, Ranka and Alto are all hired to make a macross zero movie. The VF-0D is not physically present on stages, it was Alto's VF-25 that was CGI'ed so you can see the VF-0D on the projected screen during the movie preview.

Not sure if it counts for a license ! ;)

There's also another unknown valk shown in frontier movie 2, at the beginning of the movie, in the commercial mall there are 2 commercials running on the background TVs. In one of these a valk is shown with pink accents if I remember well. Don't know which one it is...

The VF-0D appears in the tv episodes, when Sheryl, Ranka and Alto are all hired to make a macross zero movie. The VF-0D is not physically present on stages, it was Alto's VF-25 that was CGI'ed so you can see the VF-0D on the projected screen during the movie preview.

Not sure if it counts for a license ! ;)

But you see the CGI'ed finished product for about 3 seconds or so when they "Premier" the movie at the end of the episode... So, yeah it's a stretch, but it did technically appear in frontier media...(just sayin...)

Also, there is a VF-1 on static display at the Academy, so another technicality... And they could do an SDF-4 Global capital ship toy, because that appears. I'd honestly like to see some more enemy mecha (like Q-Rheas from those couple of episodes). Maybe a YF-19/VF-19 Advance in the Hi-Metal R line, with attachable gun pod and retractable landing gear (or attachable is fine too, just not that display stand nonsense like on the VF-19S).

I'd like to see well made Macross II valks (not really assured that Evolution Toys versions will be that great). Not my favourite series, but the designs are pretty nice looking.

Especially after YF-30, I know Bandai have people who can design a great looking valkyrie with awesome paint finish and tampo to boot.

A-1.jpgD.jpgvf-2ss8.jpegValkyrie2_G-Port_VF-2SS-3.jpgmusa_vf2_side.jpg

Love those shapes ^^

Edited by Zonnet

There's also another unknown valk shown in frontier movie 2, at the beginning of the movie, in the commercial mall there are 2 commercials running on the background TVs. In one of these a valk is shown with pink accents if I remember well. Don't know which one it is...

Is that the fold crystal headed VF-25ish valk? I call it that as it has a red head and antenna that looks like the fold crystal jewelry.It also reminds me of an Aquarion -ish head. The wing roots look a little different. Scratch that, it was Valk #2 below.

There are a couple more vf-25 repaints they can milk from the 2nd movie if they wanted to:

1. A yellow colored valk with pink stars with silver glitter borders

2. A white/blue and pink/red highlights valk with supers itasha style (angel birds version?)

3. An all black version

4. The YF-24 of course

Edited by wmkjr

Me? I would like them to go to a matte finish on everything from the new series. I always preferred it, it makes the valks look less toy like when displayed. I was impressed when the YF-30 came out in that sexy matte finish. The high gloss just makes them look so plasticky (not a word lol).

I also thought that Bandai would have made a swift move to the VF-1 series when they did that cameo in the movie during Ranka's concert. I gladly missed out on several occasions on the Macross Quarter, but I would love to see a Battle Frontier executed correctly, and couldn't they also do the SDFN-4 Global? that was also shown during the Galia 4 saga.