Robot Wars: USA vs Japan

So is this an actual contact contest? If so, the American rig is way too top heavy for that. If it is only paintballs and points, then I see no problem.

Looking at it, I do think it needs a larger tread base, but that's only if it becomes a contact match.

Over all, how the outside looks doesn't matter when compared to what's underneath. As long as the hardware is sound, it doesn't matter how pretty it is.

Although, the American rig can use a nice touch of paint here and there. And there. And just right over there...

I'm rooting for Megabot!

Hopefully, we'll quickly come to a newer version of Robot Combat League, only with on board pilots!

Edited by Thom

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Civvie robot combat contest.....interesting.

Although I prefer the aesthetics of Japanese designed robots in general, Americans have a clear advantage if real combat was involved - they have access to real firearms and weaponry whereas the Japanese team would be restricted to Airsoft and Paintball.

Tough call on who would win if the battle was restricted to Airsoft, paintball and melee.  

13 hours ago, peter said:

Tough call on who would win if the battle was restricted to Airsoft, paintball and melee.  

I think that's exactly what's going to happen... or is this going to be more interesting than I thought?:D

• 4 months later...
50 minutes ago, electric indigo said:

Uh oh, Col. Quaritch called and wants his ride back.

AMP1a.jpg

I kinda thought the same thing when I saw the south Korean Bot. At the same time I'm so Happy!

Who else is excited, broadcast on twitch tonight at 10?

37 minutes ago, Hikuro said:

well....in the end that was lame as hell. I mean.....a chain saw? REALLY?

I'm sorry that you don't like fun. I thought it was fantastic, I mean, Big fighting robots!!!

Let's be honest, this was really mismatched, considering the American Bot has a considerable weight class advantage. All in all I'm really happy.

Not to disparage WWE, but I think that's about the level of what was shown here. I think this is going to take a lot of definition and rules before this approaches anything like an actual sport.

The one punch first bout was funny though, and I laughed pretty hard throughout at the fact that it actually happened.  The bot picking up the lighting rig and twirling it like a staff had me really surprised though.

10 minutes ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

Cheesy to the core, especially during the crash into the commentators' seats.  But hey, if it's all baby steps towards something like Armored Core, I'm down.

What would suck is if all evolves into manned, truck-sized, wedge shaped vehicles trying to get underneath each other.

Oh god. They went full robotjox with it?