Game of Thrones Theory Discussion. Books. Show. Spoilers.

Yes, she could sail her army to White Harbor which is the main port of the North and I believe even it's biggest city. It's the seat of House Manderly which I believe is pretty loyal to the Starks. Having said that, I believe the Iron Born are pretty capable sailors and could probably sail her to wherever she wanted. Disembarking the Dothraki and their horses would be a logistical nightmare though.

I think a possibility is her landing with the intention of fighting the 7 kingdoms and then being informed of the White Walker threat. I can imagine someone like Jon going to her and telling her to help them fight the White Walkers off and then they will bend their knee to her just like they did to Aegon.

Yeah, with the way things are unfolding, that's certainly a possibility. I'm really curious to see what Cersei will do when Jon is at the gates of King's Landing, proposing an alliance against the White Walkers. Or when Dany rides Drogon straight into the inner courtyard of the castle.

Besides Tyrion and Varys, there is the Red Priest to advise her now.

You know, those Red Priests all seem dodgy and scheming to me.

Yeah, just an ok episode for me. With the fewer amount of episode left in the entire series, you'd think we would get longer episodes this was the second week in a row with a "shorter" episode.

So does everyone think Sansa is writing to Little Finger?

Chris

Yeah, just an ok episode for me. With the fewer amount of episode left in the entire series, you'd think we would get longer episodes this was the second week in a row with a "shorter" episode.

So does everyone think Sansa is writing to Little Finger?

Chris

With Brienne showing up at the siege perhaps Sansa was writing to them. My guess is to LittleFinger though.

With Brienne showing up at the siege perhaps Sansa was writing to them. My guess is to LittleFinger though.

Yeah, my vote is on Little Finger as well. I don't think Jon will like that, but it won't be the first time he just goes along with what others decide.

If Sansa is writing to Littlefinger, that's a big mistake. That man is the least trustworthy person in the entire Seven Kingdoms.

Well, at least he's gonna have a pretty good army with him, I've been looking forward to seeing the Knights of Vale in action for a while now.

More importantly. The HOUND LIVES! I wonder what his next move will be. He's a one man army whichever side he joins

Ok, here is a thought/theory....it's a little out there but bare with me. We know the show has deviated greatly in regards to Jamie Lannister. In both the books and the show he started a redemption arc of sorts in his time with Brienne, but while that continued in the books even after she left Kingslandng, the show decided to send him right back to where he was at the start of the series. Now, though, the show has sent him to the Riverlands where his "reformed" book version is and we know Brienne is on her way there....so...what if and it's a BIG IF.....after being around Brienne again, and after his talk with the Blackfish....She convinces him and his army to march on Winterfell to aid Sansa. Remember, the Boltons said they were not in the Lannisters favor by defying the crown, Brienne can also bring up how Jamie can live up to his Oath to Catlyn Stark by aiding her daughter in returning home. Maybe she can convince him of the greater danger the White Walkers are posing on Westeros. Jamie strikes me as a man that wants redemption, but as he said, the greatest most noble thing he ever did is what people ridicule him for...killing the Mad King, but he keeps allowing himself to be pulled into the same old muck by Cercie. She's his drug, and maybe while he's away from her again he'll realize it.

Chris

Lady Mormont was superb. I want to see more of her.

Anyone else surprised that Arya got taken so easily? Or d'you suppose it'll be revealed that she, Arya, was the Waif, and the Waif was Arya?

Lady Mormont was superb. I want to see more of her.

Anyone else surprised that Arya got taken so easily? Or d'you suppose it'll be revealed that she, Arya, was the Waif, and the Waif was Arya?

Lady Mormont was flat out fantastic. And none of the Arya/Waif theories make a lick of sense under the slightest amount of scrutiny.

It'd make more sense for Arya to die or end up in a coma being tended to by the faceless man and find out that she has some semblance of Bran's power to Warg into her wolf, and like many thought Jon would warg into Ghost, to have Arya end up inhabitting Nymeria for the upcoming Riverlands showdown with an army of wolves might be a fun twist.

And on the Jamie helping retake WInterfell with Brienne, after he last episode that is what I thought might happen as well. In the books, he was the character I thought had the greatest progressiong from villain to possible hero, I could absolutely see him coming through to save the day.

SOIF/GOT has never seemed like a happy ending type story to me, so if Dany and her dragon don't end up ont he Iron Throne, I've been betting on Littlefinger all along. Treacherous, smart, manipulative, he was born to be the king of slime.

Edited by Ghadrack

I'm starting to think that will be the big "twist" will be Dany becoming a "Tyrant" that needs to b stopped at worst or reigned in at best. I still really think she's not thinking through what she's planning on unleashing in Westeros. Plus, remember a few episodes ago how....I think in the show or maybe it was here, when it was commented on how she has to keep using all her titles. I just think back to Tywyn Lannister saying to Jeoffrey "anyone who has to keep saying they are King, isn't really a King"

Chris

A friend of mine at work said that the theory he heard from his son was that Arya we saw being attacked was actually Jaquin testing the Waif. The way she moved and spoke did seem very in Arya like. In fact I will admit the way she walked on the bridge with her arms behind her back and such did remind me of Jaquin.

Chris

It's not a matter of caring about the Waif being tested or caring in the least about her. It would just be the mis-direct that would be interesting and the fact that Jaqen is fond of Arya....enough to possibly help her. Whether any of this is true or not isn't any big deal, but something had to happen to help Arya, she's running and jumping in the previews for the next episode.

Chris

None of the Arya rumors I've heard so far make a lick of sense. The waif is not an important enough character for any of the viewers to even care if she was being tested for example.

Yeah, that was Arya and the Waif, no one else.

Well played, HIgh Sparrow.

Riverrun was anticlimactic, and a bit of a cop out. Didn't expect some stupidly loyal second-in-command to just hand the castle over at Edmure's command. Didn't hear him complain in the last episode when The Blackfish told them they can kill Edmure for all he cared.

Can't wait or next week. Although, knowing Martin, he'll probably give the damn Boltons the victory just to make you rage.

While I enjoyed the scene with Arya, that wound would have been very very painful especially with her jumping like that, Sad the woman who helped her was killed by the assassin. On the other hand Arya did her in with special skill.... darkness & is now headed for home, can't wait for next week!

Pretty much how Riverrun plays out in the books, except the Blackfish escapes. I'm not 100% convinced he's dead, though he probably is. I'm not thrilled with that.

Otherwise, a good episode. Really liked seeing the Arya storyline finally pay off. And it was great to see Thoros and Beric again. Everyone can stop hoping for Lady Stoneheart.

Edited by Duke Togo

Not sure how I feel about last nights episode.

Definitely disappointed in the Blackfish, and really in Jamie Lannister. The show seems determined to keep him as a pet to Cersie, and a quasi Villian. I also don't like it when a show or movie has a character badly wounded only to have them be VERY physically activities the next day. The writers know it's coming so why not tone down the injury to make it more believable? At least there is resolution in Arya's story now, so that is good.

Also, why didn't Dany have Drogon just burn all the ships in the bay? Instead she just lands on the top of the Pyramid and Drogon flys away. Well great now she's trapped too.

I did like the Hound scenes, and I wish the Mountain would ripped apart the res of the "faith militant" that came to take Cersie away. That story is also driving me insane. Lol

Chris

Edited by Dobber

We still have 2 episodes left but. This one just seemed pointless. Aside from the kings landing stuff and the hound what was the point? Assuming Arya goes home why did the show waste our time showing her stick fighting for two seasons to not be a assassin? Aside from getting Jaime away from Cersei why have the Riverrun book plot (sort of) included in the show? The Blackfish just recaptures Riverrun with some loyal men 2 episodes ago and then those loyal men turn on him shortly after and give the castle to the Freys... why bother with the story anyways then.

Now there is still 2 episodes left but what a disappointing episode for a near end episode at least there was no Dorne.

Now don't get me wrong for the most part I've been LOVING this season this episode was just such a disappointment. I'm really Just confused by Arya's last two seasons.

Why is the show doing xyz? Because the books took them to those places. They've been stuck cleaning up GRRM's stalling mess, and they haven't always done a great job with it.

Whatever they're trying to do, they need to get these characters to specific locations to match up with the core plot lines of the books.

I'm surprised the Riverrun plot point was solved so quickly and without consequence. Maybe Edmure is important later?

The most intriguing bit for me was when Qyburn told Cersei something along the lines that the rumours were true and she sort of looked relieved. I wonder what it is that her new trump card is now that the Mountain is out of the equation?

I'm surprised the Riverrun plot point was solved so quickly and without consequence. Maybe Edmure is important later?

The most intriguing bit for me was when Qyburn told Cersei something along the lines that the rumours were true and she sort of looked relieved. I wonder what it is that her new trump card is now that the Mountain is out of the equation?

I think it's the jars of wildfire we saw in Bran's vision that were placed around the city by the mad king. Ironic fate that Jaime stopped the mad king from burning the city down and he might have to do the same for his sister.

Thirded

Anyone else get a Termnator vibe from the Waif in this past episode? Just watching how she would walk out and look around I said to my wife "what is she a Terminator?"

Chris