The trailer gives me the chills 

the death toll in the next season is going to be ridiculous. And I think Euromaster Greyjoy will be the sleeper badass of the season. Cersei looks outgunned, so I'm expecting the few allies she has to be very effective 

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, mickyg said:

Yup.

So this is where folks go who don't want to read about spoilers from leaked or hacked episodes? Guess we'll need to make it interesting...

Mickyg!

What's up buddy.

So I guess we could guess about Jon and Dany, Littlefinger vs. Arya vs. Sansa, Cersei vs. Jaime and the White Walkers vs. Everybody. lol

There was so much other content in the other thread, I'll leave it to someone else to try and rehash the *non-spoilery stuff here. 

*IMO stuff that's officially aired should be fair game, it's the leaked garbage that is hopefully left out of here

-b.

Yup I'm here too. I agree about aired things being fair game. I don't mind spoilers being posted in the other thread as long as a warning would've been used...especially when it was leaked info....instead of just going and blabbing it out......KNOWING most people haven't seen it yet :angry:

Anyway, been really loving this season. All the pain and suffering we've witnessed over the past 6 years is really paying off. I'm sure there is more to come....well beyond the one some of us now know. <_<

Of all the reunions thus far or meetings....I still think the Jon and Sansa reunion was the best. The music and cinematography was just amazing in that scene....from the shot of the gate opening with the snow falling revealing Brienne, Sansa, and Pod to the silent emotional look shared between Jon and Sansa....2 people that didn't particularly like each other when the show started. It was just amazing. I'm not even a big Sansa fan, but man did Sophie Turner act the hell out of that scene too. The emotion she conveyed in her face, after all Sansa had been through, was amazing.  Probably hit even harder due to it being the first reunion and our first emotion release after getting kicked in the balls for so long. Still gotta be in my Top 5 moments of the whole series. Love that whole scene, and, unfortunately, I think it is often over looked. 

IMG_0095.GIF.0e258ee04ad2f37a480bd0a7f2063617.GIF

IMG_0097.GIF.0e4f334b1ccecec12da6da4d7d1e2654.GIF

IMG_0096.GIF.9d9aa4d8aa6b9dd71b7fd5e94692a155.GIF

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Aaaaaaaand I just rewatched Hardhome, to remind myself how terrifying the Others are. Jon Snow is right and few truely understand like he does. Damn...

Chris

Edited by Dobber

^Agreed and agreed.

While I'm not a huge fan of Sansa, Sophie has done a really good job. In fact most of the acting is pretty good on the show. Probably another reason why it's so compelling.

Thinking of re-watching episodes, I cannot wait until the series is done just to purchase it on Blu ray. I don't own much TV, I think besides Archer and Boondocks my entire video home library consists of movies.

-b.

Anyone know what's taking the Walkers so long? In the time they've gone from Hardhome, Jon's gone from Winterfell to Dragonstone back to Eastwatch, Dany from Dragonstone to somewhere around the Red Keep and back, and so on. Can only Andals and First Men teleport?

DAMN!!!!!!! What an episode tonight!! I've been avoiding this thread & online like the plague due to all of the leaks for this season. 

So just one more episode and then just one more season, can't wait to see how they end this story.

Spoiler

As for Sansa & Arya, is Arya considering killing her sister or vice versa with Sansa? Was that even Arya who confronted Sansa at the end of tonight's episode?

And I know I am beyond wrong but what the hell... is Littlefinger just a just manipulating douche/backstabber or is something more? Is he also "No One", The Lord of Light? Brother to The Red Woman?

I know that SO much more is happening but Baelish has been a frustrating character for many seasons now and it seems very clear he has himself in mind. 

Definitely filled with spectacle, but overall, I'm really starting to dislike the show. This new break-neck pace was really evident in last night's episode, to the point that it is incredibly distracting for me, and it is ruining the story. I get it, it's just an expensive fantasy show, but still, the amount of Goku-level instant transportation that was happening was down right awful. I found this very helpful map last night that showed all of the traveling that went on in one episode, it makes it look like an even bigger joke.

Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall map

Once again, I get it, few episodes left, gotta burn through the story, but still, this is absurd. Gendry is the Flash, Dragons are the Flash, ravens are the Flash.

^Fair, and luckily for me I can suspend my disbelief for a lot, especially if it's for a show, movie or property that I like - such as GoT.

I just try really hard to ignore it, I do truly and sincerely wish that we had 2 or 3 full length seasons left to tell the story and keep the same pacing as the first 6 seasons, but I get it. Real world budget will beat fantasy travel time any day of the week and apparently 3 times on Sunday. ; )

-b.

Yeah, they really messed up with the crazy pacing and travel times this season. It wouldn't have been issue if they hadn't given us the first six seasons, but they did and now we're used to a certain sense of depth, of sheer scale and mass. Why rush it with seven episodes? It's not as if they're lacking money!

Anyway still enjoyed myself. I've always enjoyed the action in the north best for some reason.

55 minutes ago, Marzan said:

Why rush it with seven episodes? It's not as if they're lacking money!

Take note of the number of Battles and fire breathing episodes this season.  The food/loot wagon ambush fight alone (just that segment mind, not the whole episode) could easily have cost as much as 3 talky episodes worth of budget.

20 hours ago, Dynaman said:

Take note of the number of Battles and fire breathing episodes this season.  The food/loot wagon ambush fight alone (just that segment mind, not the whole episode) could easily have cost as much as 3 talky episodes worth of budget.

Again, are they lacking money? It's one of the most succesful TV series in history. But if we take your argument for gospel, I'd much rather have less fancy explosions and dragon scenes and have a better story and script. I think most people who got in GOT might feel the same way.

22 minutes ago, Marzan said:

Again, are they lacking money? It's one of the most succesful TV series in history. But if we take your argument for gospel, I'd much rather have less fancy explosions and dragon scenes and have a better story and script. I think most people who got in GOT might feel the same way.

HBO are not dummies, so I guess there is some kind of financial reason going on.  Do any of the primary actors have contracts coming to a close?

Just now, Dynaman said:

HBO are not dummies, so I guess there is some kind of financial reason going on.  Do any of the primary actors have contracts coming to a close?

Good question. I can imagine their rates have gone substantially up in the last couple of years.

2 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

No complaints from me.  I wasn't expecting that one plot thread to be tied up this season, will say no more in case someone has not watched it yet.

Spoiler

Maybe I'm wrong here but if I read tonight's episode correctly, Sansa was playing Littlefinger the last two episodes or so? When Arya walked in I thought for sure the sister vs sister feud was about to escalate.... then Sansa surprised me and Arya did the ultimate. Superb episode! Also, looks like Jamie has abandoned his sister to serve the real Ruler of the Iron Throne. 

8 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:
  Hide contents

Maybe I'm wrong here but if I read tonight's episode correctly, Sansa was playing Littlefinger the last two episodes or so? When Arya walked in I thought for sure the sister vs sister feud was about to escalate.... then Sansa surprised me and Arya did the ultimate. Superb episode! Also, looks like Jamie has abandoned his sister to serve the real Ruler of the Iron Throne. 

Spoiler

Arya, Bran, and Sansa were all playing Littlefinger.  Seems that Sansa is better at playing the game then we thought.  Though in this case the directors kept knowledge the characters had away from the audience, usually it is the other way round.  I also liked that Bran did NOT know about John being legitimate, it took a nudge from Sam for him to get that information.  

I think the finale was my lease favorite episode of the season.  Seems like they tried to cram too much into the last third of the episode and 

Spoiler

little finger went out like a bitch lol

I knew everything that was going to happen in each episode because of the script leaks but it didn't bother my enjoyment of the show.  Even so the last episode really fell flat for me.

Oh wells, bring on the season 8 leaks!

28 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I think the finale was my lease favorite episode of the season.  Seems like they tried to cram too much into the last third of the episode and 

Reveal hidden contents

I knew everything that was going to happen in each episode because of the script leaks but it didn't bother my enjoyment of the show.  Even so the last episode really fell flat for me.

Oh wells, bring on the season 8 leaks!

You're gonna love Season 8 then. Six (count 'em) 60-70 minute episodes. Coming in 2019.

Speaking of leaks, post leaks here (for your uninterrupted spoilery and book loving goodness):

15 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

I have zero complaints, brilliant episode! Arya is my girl. B))

3 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

It was a really good episode. Definitely did not expect the events on Winterfell to unwrap the way they did. That for me was the best part of the episode

Yep! And it was certainly a fitting end when you look at everything as a whole.

14 hours ago, chyll2 said:

2019 can't come soon enough

For real.

Talking to another GoT fan at work and we're both like, what the hell are we going to watch on TV until then??? As if there is literally nothing else of any entertainment value to look forward to until Games returns.

-b.

Just realized, Jon and Tyrion have something in common, both of their mothers died giving birth to them. Sad....

I hope they continue their friendship, Tyrion had a strange look at the end of the epsiode.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

3 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Just realized, Jon and Tyrion have something in common, both of their mothers died giving birth to them. Sad....

I hope they continue their friendship, Tyrion had a strange look at the end of the epsiode.

Chris

Spoiler

Friend Zone! At least he'll have plenty of company :lol:

And yes, one of the things I really enjoyed this season (maybe more than others) is how many of my favorite characters that were separated by plot and distance have come together and formed some really meaningful connections.

-b.