Spoiler

Cersei better have the most violent & painful death imaginable. If she gets a quickie death like the Knight King I'm going to be pissed. 

Didn't expect the 2nd Dragon to get whacked like that... super harsh. As for Grey Worm, he'll have no issues with burning Kings landing down to the ground now. 

51 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:
  Hide contents

Cersei better have the most violent & painful death imaginable. If she gets a quickie death like the Knight King I'm going to be pissed. 

Didn't expect the 2nd Dragon to get whacked like that... super harsh. As for Grey Worm, he'll have no issues with burning Kings landing down to the ground now. 

Spoiler

I think it would have been better if he had died at the Battle of Winterfell like I had originally thought he did...;)

In hindsight, they should have built those poor dragons some frigin' armor!

I don't get it, why did they get ambushed by Euron Greyjoy?  Didn't they know he was aligned with Cercei?  Why wouldn't Bran have sent some recon/ravens before hand?  Was it purposeful?

I know alot of folks do not like Dany, but I am feeling really bad for her.  I think she deserves the Iron Throne, hope she gets it, but it almost seems like fate is against it at this point.

Can't wait to see how this all ends.  I can't see the battle at King's Landing being more than one episode....what twist will they come up with for the last episode?

Apparently Jon Snow is partial to his Venti Cafe Mocha. One would think that after the battle of Winterfell it might have been hard to find an open Starbucks but they don't seem fazed in the north.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/game-of-thrones-left-a-starbucks-coffee-cup-in-a-scene-and-its-hilarious

GoT_Starbucks_gqkjji

Well, last night's episode felt misbalanced to me. They spent a lot of time on irrelevant parts and the ones that are relevant felt rushed.

Spoiler

My theory now is that Arya is going to kill Daenerys. Those are the green eyes she's going to close, and it will be heartbreaking for her because Lord Gendry will try to stop her. And I definitely think Jaime is going to kill Cersei. Or at least try to do it.

1 hour ago, Convectuoso said:

Well, last night's episode felt misbalanced to me. They spent a lot of time on irrelevant parts and the ones that are relevant felt rushed.

Hide contents

My theory now is that Arya is going to kill Daenerys. Those are the green eyes she's going to close, and it will be heartbreaking for her because Lord Gendry will try to stop her. And I definitely think Jaime is going to kill Cersei. Or at least try to do it.

Spoiler

I feel like next Sunday is going to be a total sh-t storm on a level. I do feel that Arya & Sansa made a plan behind Jon's back as they clearly don't trust Daenerys, so we'll see how that plays out. 

So my wager with myself is this happens: 

- Daario Naharis & the second sons army of Meereen should still be there, if he is still loyal to Dany she'll have a chance at Kings Landing. 

- Tyrion, I've long wondered on the theory of IS he a Targaryen? Between the way the Dragon's acted around him last season and that total wink-wink in the episode 5 preview,  let's see if the GoT writers throw us one last crazy curve ball. 

- The Hound vs. The Mountain aka Ser Gregor. 

- Not sure what Jamie is up to? He has to know at this point that reasoning with Cersei is over. (A lovers Murder-Suicide??) 

- Grey Worm going out in style to avenge Missandei. 

- After that it's going to be a lot of dead. If Daenerys survives next Sunday I'll actually be surprised. 

So I'll be patiently waiting for next Sunday. 

@jvmacross I agree with you, why no armor of any kind for the Dragons was made/used is kind of lame, they knew after the last season that the Lannister Army had those weapons and well the spear of the Knight King. Kinda like B-29 bomber raids during the Korean War, day light raids were obsolete & becoming suicidal. Using the Dragons for night raids would have been ideal. 

4 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Hide contents

That's a very good theory and I had not thought of that.

She made a promise to Jon that she'd never tell anyone about his parentage, but she never swore an oath to Daenerys. She owes her nothing. Could very well happen, but I still think it's more probable that she takes out Cersei.

Just on a different note, Cleganebowl is almost a certainty now.

HBO has now commented officially on the shows twitter account:

"News from Winterfell.
The latte that appeared in the episode was a mistake. #Daenerys had ordered an herbal tea."
https://twitter.com/GameOfThrones/status/1125502368056053762

UPDATE:

https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/hbo-edits-game-of-thrones-coffee-cup-1203207545/

As of Tuesday morning, the streaming version of the “GOT” episode available on HBO Now and HBO Go had removed the offending cup from the scene.

Boooo!

Edited by Mazinger

You know what I found a bit messed up? When Jon...

Spoiler

Totally just sent Ghost away North. Everyone bitches and whines about there not being enough expensive CG dire wolves every season, Ghost pops up this season, DEFIES DEATH ITSELF and survives the first wave against the dead alongside Sir Jorah and the Dothraki. Then Jon, being Jon, gives a big ol hug to Tormund, then tells him to just take his pet with him, and turns to Ghost and just gives him a goofy little nod. Nice Jon, real nice.

Also, I do believe it's guaranteed at this point we'll be seeing...

Spoiler

The Clegane Bowl, It's on. Arya is probably going after Cersei, whether that sticks, or shifts over to Danny instead, we'll see. Honestly, I'm on board with Arya having to off Danny, I'm sure, in a twist of fate, Jaime will have to become Queen-slayer as well and off his sister. But yeah, CLEGANE BOWL, IT'S HAPPENING!

10 minutes ago, Sildani said:

Reveal hidden contents

A girl has a new name.

Spoiler

A girl is named Queen Slayer. 

Seriously, I thought my baby Arya was going down tonight. A little disappointed with Cersei's demise, hoped for something more vicious but I guess buried alive is good enough. 

So is Tyrion the last of the Lannister's or he is someone else? And Jon, he's gotta be wondering what do I do now or hmmm, maybe Varys was right?? 

So many things to ponder with only one episode left. 

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:
  Hide contents

So is Tyrion the last of the Lannister's or he is someone else? And Jon, he's gotta be wondering what do I do now or hmmm, maybe Varys was right?? 

Spoiler

Well from what we know of Tyrion's rip-roaring, whoring days, I doubt he's the last Lannister of that line, but at this point they'd be illegitimate and really as long as Dani is in power it would probably be best to not advertise being a Lannister.

Pretty conflicted over Season 8, it's had some really great moments, but...

Depending on how this all shakes out I may just use head-cannon and say the show ended with S7.

Or

Jon and Ygritte never left the cave and everything since has been a bad dream ala Dallas - the old farts here will know what I'm talking about. :lol:

-b.

Edit to add, it's not...

Spoiler

snow from Dany's dream of a wrecked King's Landing with a dragon flying overhead, it's freaking ash

Edited by Kanedas Bike

1 hour ago, Mazinger said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Well from what we know of Tyrion's rip-roaring, whoring days, I doubt he's the last Lannister of that line, but at this point they'd be illegitimate and really as long as Dani is in power it would probably be best to not advertise being a Lannister.

Spoiler

That's a good point. after watching the last half of GoT again, I do wonder if Tyrion will choose/try to take Dany out & leave the door open for Jon? While Snow keeps saying he doesn't want the throne, he has to know now she can't be trusted anymore, even more so her Army has no real allegiance to Jon or the North.   

Again, it's a long wait til next Sunday. 

7 hours ago, azrael said:

Looks like the spoilers I've seen are turning out to be true.

And those same spoilers include a possible ending for the entire series.

Over on my social media people are upset and angry over the episode.  

Honestly this is all Jons fault.  Dude should learn to STFU especially when begged by the supposed love of his life.  What an effin moron.!!!  Did he even think?!  What did he think would happen after opening his big f'g mouth?  Shiiit.

And does anyone else think he is LARGELY responsible for the disasters that resulted?  It all started with his stupidity IMHO. It is only natural that Dany respond the way she did after Jon "stopped" kissing her. Again, his choice, his fault.

Edited by zard

I'm a bit baffled the amount of hate this episode is getting online, people are going crazy. Who would've thought....

Spoiler

The woman who has had, since season 1, an internal struggle to be a force for good over a tyrant and monster, eventually fell and gave into those feelings and instincts. She was also, you know, genetically pre-dispositioned to be a tyrant or monster, that's how Targs are and were. I mean, I don't mean to be mean but I could've sworn Ray Charles saw this "twist", if you can even call it that, coming. The Knight King was never going to be a big battle, Cersei/Euron killed a dragon, but still, she was never going to put up a big fight, for several episode now the majority of her plan hinged on what Danny WOULDN'T DO, which like most others, she was dead ass wrong on, she pushed Danny too far and too hard. SURPRISE! She's a Targaryen, and decided to burn everything like history already let us know she very well may do one day.

Also, I liked how the hidden dragonfire around the city placed by the Mad King started going boom as well, really brought things full circle IMO. She was always on the edge, there was always the possibility she would become a monster like the rest of her family.

12 minutes ago, zard said:

Honestly this is all Jons fault.  Dude should learn to STFU especially when begged by the supposed love of his life.  What an effin moron.!!!  Did he even think?!  What did he think would happen after opening his big f'g mouth?  Shiiit.

And does anyone else think he is LARGELY responsible for the disasters that resulted?  It all started with his stupidity IMHO. It is only natural that Dany respond the way she did after Jon "stopped" kissing her. Again, his choice, his fault.

Blame Jon, blame Sansa, blame Bran for not telling Jon to respect Eddard's secret. Would have been much wiser to reveal it after claiming Kings Landing and securing the Iron Throne

Spoiler

(which I assume is now crushed).

The Starks aren't known for their wits anyway.

It's Game of Thrones, not Lord of the Rings. It tries to remain entertaining by not giving people what they expect.

------

Spoiler

I can handle Drogon torching the Iron fleet and the scorpions, but not an entire city. And the behavior of Daenerys seems to contradict her Breaker of Chains title, regardless of her excuse. Her entire manifesto is that she wants to be loved as queen, not despised and feared.

Spoiler

Dany straight up lost it.  She has always been able to conquer before coming to Westeros and facing a real foe.  Sure they won Winterfell, but then she takes one hit after another:
Jon has the better claim to the throne
A 2nd Dragon Dead
Her army of Unsullied nearly wiped out
Her closest friend beheaded

She was always just a few hairs breaths from snapping and she finally did.  So it is no surprise to me that she went bug nuts and started wiping people out.  The question now is, who takes her out to put Jon on the throne?

And I agree, they ramped up the power of the dragon fire WAY too much, it's a dragon not Godzilla.  It almost would have been better if it were a trick by Cersei all along to frame Dany for destroying the city.  Place Scorpions on some of the dragonfire caches (since they are linked IIRC).  Dany attacks one and they all start going off.  Cersei wins, even in death.  Dany can claim she didn't know or didn't mean to, but the people will hate and fear her no matter what.

40 minutes ago, zard said:

What??!! Lol! Like Tober said why not blame Bran, or Eddard, or Rheagar and Lianna....anyone but DANNI!  “Only natural” she responded this way! LMAO. You basically proved the writers point then! 

I find it amusing how all the “Team Danni” people are up in arms...she’s shown many cracks pretty much from the beginning. Along with her whole “right to rule” personality flaw. Practically every good thing she has done had the ulterior motive of “for HER glory” and not because it was right. Sir Barriston had to CONSTANTLY put her in her place when she felt “wronged” too....particularly regarding her father. A lesson she STILL hasn’t learned going by comments she made earlier this season. It has ALWAYS been all about her to HERSELF. This episode was TOTALLY in character for her IMO. Funny how all these people had no problem with her great Love Drogo being a rampant murderer and rapist and leader of a murdering and raping horde.

Edited by Dobber

Just now, Dobber said:

What??!! Lol! Like Tober said why not blame Bran, or Eddard, or Rheagar and Lianna....anyone but DANNI! LMAO.

Hide contents

I find it amusing how all the “Team Danni” people are up in arms...she’s shown many cracks pretty much from the beginning. Along with her whole “right to rule” personality flaw. Practically every good thing she has done had the ulterior motive of “for HER glory” and not because it was right. Sir Barriston had to CONSTANTLY put her in her place when she felt “wronged” too....particularly regarding her father. A lesson she STILL hasn’t learned going by comments she made earlier this season. It has ALWAYS been all about her to HERSELF. This episode was TOTALLY in character for her IMO. Funny how all these people had no problem with her great Love Drogo being a rampant murderer and rapist and leader of a murdering and raping horde.

Well said

14 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

I'm a bit baffled the amount of hate this episode is getting online, people are going crazy. Who would've thought....

Hide contents

The woman who has had, since season 1, an internal struggle to be a force for good over a tyrant and monster, eventually fell and gave into those feelings and instincts. She was also, you know, genetically pre-dispositioned to be a tyrant or monster, that's how Targs are and were. I mean, I don't mean to be mean but I could've sworn Ray Charles saw this "twist", if you can even call it that, coming. The Knight King was never going to be a big battle, Cersei/Euron killed a dragon, but still, she was never going to put up a big fight, for several episode now the majority of her plan hinged on what Danny WOULDN'T DO, which like most others, she was dead ass wrong on, she pushed Danny too far and too hard. SURPRISE! She's a Targaryen, and decided to burn everything like history already let us know she very well may do one day.

Also, I liked how the hidden dragonfire around the city placed by the Mad King started going boom as well, really brought things full circle IMO. She was always on the edge, there was always the possibility she would become a monster like the rest of her family.

Spoiler

They played into that with the whole line about the Gods flipping a coin every time a Targaryen is born. John is still rational, so was Maester Aemon Targaryen, who lived to around 100. In the books even the Mad King was benevolent until he began to whig out.

The irony being that Daenerys has achieved what her father, the Mad King, failed to do.

Maybe they do have some genetic bi-polar disorder from all the in-breeding. :unsure:

2 minutes ago, Tober said:
  Hide contents

They played into that with the whole line about the Gods flipping a coin every time a Targaryen is born. John is still rational, so was Maester Aemon Targaryen, who lived to around 100. In the books even the Mad King was benevolent until he began to whig out.

The irony being that Daenerys has achieved what her father, the Mad King, failed to do.

Maybe they do have some genetic bi-polar disorder from all the in-breeding. :unsure:

Not meant to be a joke, but probably from all the inbreeding.

but not DANNI! HaHa. 

Edited by Dobber