Macross World Convention 2015 (October 17, 2015)

Greetings fellow fans.

I hope everyone that attended MW Con 2015 had an amazing time! Thank you to everyone who was had anything to do with making this happen and to everyone who showed up to make this a great con.

At the last minute, I was asked to handle the displays and I hesitantly agreed. Thankfully, a number of people stepped up to help and I'd like to thank them here in no particular order:

• Eric Gacias aka “Boobyduck” for most of the classic Takatoku and Bandai 1/55 VFs
  • Anibal Delvalle for the wonderful blu-rays and figures.
  • Oliver for the awesome posters, Tenjin drawing, and Hikaru cel.
  • “Kirik” for the incredible helmets and costume.
  • Gabriel Inocencio for the fantastic Frontier toys.
  • Dennis Mah for his absolutely amazing collection of LPs and books.
  • Leen Isabel for the very cool Minmay figure.
  • Jet Tiu for her “award-winning” costumes and Gubaba with Aviators!
  • Leonardo Flores for his masterly detailed completed models.
  • Joey Maldonado for the gorgeous Yamato Destroids and truly vintage DYRL and Flashback vhs tapes.
  • Jasonc for the Hikaru Hollywood Costume Designer uniform.
  • Egan Loo and Gwyn Campbell for bringing Egan’s signed original art sketches.
  • Scott Zillner for the very rare Orguss gliders and Sega cartridge.
  • The gentleman who swooped in on his motorcycle for the Focker Masei helmet and leather jacket.

I helped to fill in the gaps where I could with books, toys, models, costumes, and odds and ends. Thank you, thank you THANK YOU everyone who contributed!!!!

Edited by Operator7G

I wanted to thank everyone who had the opportunity to come out and attend the event. The staff I had the opportunity to work with this year were great and did a fantastic job. To all the people that stepped up for displays (Norge) and the others, the food, and the maid cafe were a tremendous help. To all our guests that came out for all the panels: Kyle Dunn, Run Sasaki, David Keith Riddick, Victor Garcia, Les Claypool III, Dorothy Fahn, Tom and John Fahn, Mari Iijima, thank you so much for taking time out of your day to wow us with your talents, your knowledge, and your memories of the things we were there to celebrate. Thanks to those that came in cosplay and those who participated in the cosplay/talent contest. The vendors showed up in force with many great items. Thank you Greg and Bee for being great guys to work with. It was a definitely worth the work, stress, and whatever kept us up late at night to get done.

This year was a year I got to meet a lot of new fans and friends. From those on my Macross Fans US Facebook group, to just people I've never met. I'll get some of my pictures together (the ones I actually had time to take) Thanks for being great, friendly, and awesome fans. You all rock.

Another year, Another Successful MacrossWorld Convention. Thanks to all the staff, Organizers, and Special guests for making this happen.
It was an honor to be able to display the S.M.S San Diego branch at the convention, and know that the Squadron is always ready to make the trip every year.

I just want to say thank you to all of the dedicated fans who put this con together and rejuvenating my interest in conventions. This convention was actually fun and not super exhausting like some other cons out there. It was great to meet new fans of macross and hearing Mari sing in person for the first time made this a great first time experience. Heck, even the fan performances were really good too! :lol: To our MC who sang the opening to SDFM you rock!

I just want to say thank you to all of the dedicated fans who put this con together and rejuvenating my interest in conventions. This convention was actually fun and not super exhausting like some other cons out there. It was great to meet new fans of macross and hearing Mari sing in person for the first time made this a great first time experience. Heck, even the fan performances were really good too! :lol: To our MC who sang the opening to SDFM you rock!

That was Operator 7G here. Very good singer, very good friend. Great guy all around. :)

If you want I can post some pictures I took in this thread.

Please do. We have a staff member who takes official pics, and some of those will make the rounds eventually as well, but anyone who took pics is more than welcome to share them here.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Loving the Motion comic!! Like the idea with the SMG gunpods in chapter 3 too! Building a 1/72 Valk with just that config so i'm glad others are thinking along these lines too!

Edited by NZEOD

Loving the Motion comic!! Like the idea with the SMG gunpods in chapter 3 too! Building a 1/72 Valk with just that config so i'm glad others are thinking along these lines too!

I'm glad you're enjoying it thus far! Chapter 4 is out on my Deviantart if you want to take a look!

http://kylefalconkpd.deviantart.com/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...