Well There are three Hulkbuster toys

2 are from the last movie and very expensive and 1 just being stupid expensive and 1 affordable and pretty cool based off the comic

I had the Hot Toys on pre-order but for around 1200 canadian, they can kiss my ass cancelled.

Hot-Toys-Avengers-Hulkbuster-20.jpg

Then there is the King Arts Hulkbuster, smaller version of the hot toys but diecast and 600 dollars. You can fit inside an actual 1/9 iron man

010532dpgbbcp0p2z6cx9p_zpswqoiwv2k.png

010533c9affzj3bflxmxj9_zpsb5ihsd46.png

https://www.facebook.com/kingartshk/videos/1018119884887343/

and then sentinels version

Now I am trying to pre-order but not BBTS because I am not going to give BBTS 200 canadian to hold for 1.5 years. No way. That is bullshit. So I called my Hong Kong supplier and see if he can get it.

But for sure the sentinel one is bought

So what about the Figuarts Hulkbuster? I have zero interest in any of these versions, and yet I snatched up Figuart Hulkbuster as soon as NY put up pre-orders. I think he looks as good as Hot Toys and the other crazy expensive die-cast one, and yet he's a fraction of the cost, plus he's still movie accurate unlike the one by Sentinel.

So what about the Figuarts Hulkbuster? I have zero interest in any of these versions, and yet I snatched up Figuart Hulkbuster as soon as NY put up pre-orders. I think he looks as good as Hot Toys and the other crazy expensive die-cast one, and yet he's a fraction of the cost, plus he's still movie accurate unlike the one by Sentinel.

pics?

I preordered the Hot Toys one... Because its so effin humongous and will scale well with my other 1/6 scale figures. Probably gonna be a one off purchase of this range.

I also preordered the rather absurdly expensive SHF X Chogokin Bandai one so i can have one to fiddle around with that generally scales well with 6 inch figures.

I'm definitely getting the Sentinel one, though their premium pricing policy has me worried it may even cost more than the bandai one.

I'm also kinda on the fence about the King Arts one, but will likely pass because of the price and odd scale.

Also OP forgot to mention the motorised Hulk Buster by Comicave (believe they're related to Play Imaginative)

I preordered the Hot Toys one... Because its so effin humongous and will scale well with my other 1/6 scale figures. Probably gonna be a one off purchase of this range.

I also preordered the rather absurdly expensive SHF X Chogokin Bandai one so i can have one to fiddle around with that generally scales well with 6 inch figures.

I'm definitely getting the Sentinel one, though their premium pricing policy has me worried it may even cost more than the bandai one.

I'm also kinda on the fence about the King Arts one, but will likely pass because of the price and odd scale.

Also OP forgot to mention the motorised Hulk Buster by Comicave (believe they're related to Play Imaginative)

Do you have pics of the comicave one?

You must have a loving supportive wife and have a ton of money or your single and you live with your parents at $1200 plus canadian that is just a bit much. A much fairer price is the king arts and to me it looks much nicer....

Do you have pics of the comicave one?

You must have a loving supportive wife and have a ton of money or your single and you live with your parents at $1200 plus canadian that is just a bit much. A much fairer price is the king arts and to me it looks much nicer....

I'll do you one better, here's a link to the video they posted of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORRnY2aw3aM

My wife is generally ok with my hobby. Though the number of boxes and huge figures I have is getting a bit much. Gotta get around to sorting everything out to make it look neater.

The HT Hulkbuster thankfully doesn't cost such an insane amount where I live (Singapore, so we're nearer to Hong Kong and we have an official distributor), so I'm only paying about CAD$905 (based on current rates) for it. I decided to get it because I've always loved the Hulkbuster, and wanted them to make one for the MCU, so this is pretty much a dream come true for me.

Plus if I do regret it, it's usually pretty easy to find a buyer to offload it.

I preordered the HT version long before King Arts put theirs up, so I kinda can't do much about it, except contemplate if I want the King Arts one. As I've said, I'm likely going to skip it due to its odd scale, and I already have the SHF one to fiddle with.

Many people have complained that King Arts can be pretty slow to deliver on figures. Apparently they still haven't fulfilled preorders on the Mk42.

Who makes the 1/4 scale one? Took a pic of it at the premiere. It opens by itself.

Comicave together with Play Imaginative (though word on the street is that they're both owned by the same holding company now).

See the video in my reply above

Edited by SaitouSad

• 4 months later...

Looks like the S.H.Figuarts X Chogokin HULKBUSTER will be released on May 2016 instead of Jan 2016 as earlier reported.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the May release date is for the 2nd batch of orders. Bandai did a 2nd round of orders because apparently too many people were placing orders for this at the very last minute, so they had to close the preorder early and create a 2nd one.

Wait where does it say it will have a May release?

The link that I posted says it's on May release. Didn't know that there was a 2nd batch preorder going on.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the May release date is for the 2nd batch of orders. Bandai did a 2nd round of orders because apparently too many people were placing orders for this at the very last minute, so they had to close the preorder early and create a 2nd one.

Thanks for the headsup, SaitouSad. My bad. I didn't know that Tamashii/Bandai made 2 batches reservation for this. I'm just glad that it will be release on January initially. But if ever, and IF they decided to move it to May, then I will be pissed since I already paid my PO over NY since they mentioned that Pay Later option is not available anymore. I'm guessing all Tamashii Web Exclusives doesn't have the Pay Later option over NY.

Previous post edited. :)

Edited by no3ljm

• 8 months later...

Looks like Hot Toys figured out what King Arts did to their 1/9th scale HulkBuster so that they can apply it on their 1/6th scale figure. By doing so, moving their release date Q2 2017. Just in time for them to reveal their new bread & butter figures based on the new 2017 Marvel movies. The whole market are now saturated with Iron Man figures and no company is closing yet. ;)

hty01.jpg

hty02.jpg

hty03.jpg

hty04.jpg

hty05.jpg

More info on TagHobby.