Hasegawa 1/48 VF-19 in Red Skull Colour Scheme

Mintox

This will probably be the last post as its almost complete except for some decals and post weathering after its been given a coat of flat clear. Wings are missing of course as is the engine panels which I wont be doing as a removable item on this build, maybe the next build although I'm worried in leaving them removable as the fit under the wing area is very tight and would maybe scratch the panels in time if you kept pulling and putting them back on.

post-30595-0-09017300-1459605967_thumb.jpg

post-30595-0-09784600-1459720924_thumb.jpg

post-30595-0-81645700-1459720929_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mintox

• 2 weeks later...

A quick shot of the 99.9% completed VF19. I'm waiting for the canopy to dry so I am putting some final touches to the pilot and some final weathering to some panels then its will be sealed with Vallejo matt clear and its done. I have to say the final fit of some parts is a bit off for Hasegawa. Not their usual fit for such a big kit but I'd buy another (well actually I have) and build it again.

post-30595-0-20957300-1460302322_thumb.jpg

She is done. All I need to do now is let the clear coat dry for 48 hours and add the red sensor thingies to the nose and its done and then I'll take proper picts and post in the build section on the weekend.

post-30595-0-30919200-1460641981_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mintox

That's probably the best YF-19 I've seen. Well done! Needs a 1:48 YF-21 buddy!

If only in 1/48! Grrrrrr!. But thanks for the comments. Yeah I'd buy everything in 1/48. Its annoying Hasegawa drag their feet with the big kits but I think its a Japanese thing. The smaller the scale the more they get their jollies off on it. Plus its cheaper but hell 1/48 rocks!

• 2 weeks later...

If only in 1/48! Grrrrrr!. But thanks for the comments. Yeah I'd buy everything in 1/48. Its annoying Hasegawa drag their feet with the big kits but I think its a Japanese thing. The smaller the scale the more they get their jollies off on it. Plus its cheaper but hell 1/48 rocks!

Agree

Edited by joscasle

people who live in small apartments can also fit more of them into their living space in 1/72...

Edited by slide

people who live in small apartments can also fit more of them into their living space in 1/72...

I agree. Having been to Japan I understand that totally but then again Hasgawa, Tamiya, WAVE etc do make big kits, thousands of them. Its just a pity they've stopped with the Macross stuff. I dream of the day I'll ever see a 1/48 Defender or Spartan.

I dream of the day I'll ever see a 1/48 Defender or Spartan.

That's what's held me back from jumping into 1/48 also. I'm eventually going to buy the Hasegawa VF-1A/J kit and build it as a centerpiece display model, but I want to have a collection that includes Destroids and other vehicles and aircraft alongside the Valkyries. If Wave produced their Destroids in 1/48 and Hasegawa brought out a VF-1 Battroid, I'd be more likely to commit.

VF-19 Red Skull? It looks more or less like a (phenomenally well-done) default YF-19 paint scheme... What's the difference?

None except the missing Skull logo. I realised after starting this thread the surplus Skull Squadron decals I thought I had werent surplus to my needs. Subsequently I ended up doing this as a standard YF. Now I have seen a VF in trainer colours I'm starting on that as soon as I can get some custom decals printed for it.

Anyway its finished if you want a look its over in the model section.

Edited by Mintox