Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

56 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

That is incorrect. The price of the premium VF-1 is only about 25-26k if you purchase directly from Arcadia. The extra cost is from retailers or proxy services since it's a webshop exclusive, much like buying the 31J Kai. 

The "$100" extra people keep bandying about is if you buy it from HLJ, who charges 31k for the premiums. 

And as you can see from my earlier posts, I've yet to pay "$100" extra for any premiums. :p

I recently purchased a premium Roy for a MW member a couple of months ago for 25k from the Amiami store. It was an open offer for any fellow MW member but he was the only one who took it. :p

That's also incorrect. :p The price of the premium VF-1 is 27864 yen if you purchase directly from Arcadia.  Anything below that price are exceptions. (preowned or damaged box are considered exceptions)

Besides just comparing MSRP, you also have to look at this too :  Premiums finish version also does not offer pre order discount , so if you add in the possible discount and the difference of the Premium finish extra cost then you can get pretty close to the 10k difference in price.

here's my example:

my normal VF-1j Milia with pre order discount is 18,280 yen from Nippon-Yasan.

The VF-1J Milia Premiums  finish ver is MSRP 27864 yen directly from Arcadia.

27864-18280 = 9584 yen difference.

Since I can't pre order items directly from Arcadia I preordered my Premium Finish ver from N-Y for at 28250 yen.

so for me 28250 -18280 = 9970 yen difference.

What's I'm saying is just paying the Premium finishes MSRP is a close enough 10K yen difference as if you were to get an normal version with preorder discount. 

You're also using a "best case" scenario to push your own perspective, since NY is the only place that offers a discount, and they charge some of the highest shipping rates anyway, so it ends up being mostly a wash. Some of us also don't like shopping there, for a myriad of reasons. 

An inability to purchase from Arcadia sounds like a geographical problem for you, not Arcadia. These items aren't meant for sale outside Japan. :p 

13 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

You're also using a "best case" scenario to push your own perspective, since NY is the only place that offers a discount, and they charge some of the highest shipping rates anyway, so it ends up being mostly a wash. Some of us also don't like shopping there, for a myriad of reasons. 

An inability to purchase from Arcadia sounds like a geographical problem for you, not Arcadia. These items aren't meant for sale outside Japan. :p 

I think I've realized why NY's shipping is so high. They include the shipping cost from the manufacturer in the shipping cost you pay.

My PG Phenex was 900¥ above retail, there's no way that included the shipping from Bandai to NY.

Of course, if I really wanted to be as pedantic, I could point out that 9970 yen is only $88, not "$100." And if we're playing the best-case-cherry-picking game, I could also point out that I'm paying 25026 yen for mine, over the 21000 retail it goes for. So 5026 yen is only $44.77. :p

51 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

The real best case scenario would be those 20% off HLJ I'm sorry coupons. wink wink.B))

Other stores also offer pre order discount , but just not as much.  it's around 20000 yen for the VF-1J Milia with preorder discount.   I used examples from the same store to make an easier comparison .  But you bet I'll use items more in my favor. ^_^

Yeah N-Y shipping can SUCK ,, in a bad way too, you will see pointing out extra invoices, etc.  but it's possible to get good deals from them too.  I used registered sal so my shipping for the Milia was 2740 yen. 

I can also understand why some don't like to use them too, I stopped using them for an long a while after they mess up my original Yamato SDf-1 , years ago. :angry: 

35 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Of course, if I really wanted to be as pedantic, I could point out that 9970 yen is only $88, not "$100." And if we're playing the best-case-cherry-picking game, I could also point out that I'm paying 25026 yen for mine, over the 21000 retail it goes for. So 5026 yen is only $44.77. :p

But then I can also point out that the person you quoted did not mention $100.  It was 10000 yen.  :unknw:

But you were also right that it isn't 10000 yen over MSRP either...  :lol:

You probably got the best price on those VF-1J along with the SDF-1 premium :D ,  you are definitely King on that one :lol:

Either way this new VF-0S is going to be expensive that is for sure, and unfortunately we can't Cherry pick that one,, well not yet at least. 

Edited by F360

Wow. You guys discussed this like we already know the exact amount for this PF VF-0S. It’s just been announced guys. Hahaha! :lol:

And besides, I really think it’s best to always add  or always assume an extra Y10000 beyond MSRP for Premium Arcadia announcement so that we’re always prepared for it. Imagine when we find out the actual price is a little bit lower compared to what you’re expecting. It’s a big relief, right? If not, then atleast people who will going to get it is already prepared to spend big amount for it. ^_^

21 hours ago, Lorindor said:

I would prefer it as close to MSRP as possible, because even that was pricey. Now the aftermarket price is just super high. It will go down with the release of the premium version, I just don't think it's enough for my liking.

21 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Like I said, we just need to wait. Besides, most members here doesn't sell as high or as crazy high as eBay. ^_^ 

Hey Lorindor. I gotta say good things really comes to those who wait. ;) Ridden001 is already selling his MIB VF-0S in his F/S thread. Just giving you a headsup since his price is what you said 'as close to MSRP as possible'. 

Edited by no3Ljm

Really hope that Arcadia does a re-release of the VF-11C since I never got one and they go for insane prices.  And of course, come out with the VF-11 Protect Armor.  Imagine that would be after they do the VF-11B again.

My Gamlin VF-22S is still my favorite Yamato valkyrie...  but the YF-21/VF-22 needs to be revisited. Still pretty good, though the main improvements would be to tab/peg/lock in the nose to the chest in battroid and the arms similarly should lock into the LERX/Wing Root.  Maybe add a telescoping hip area to give the legs some more clearance and figure out a way to stow a gunpod under the belly panels.

Anybody noticed the 2 notices about the online shop and customer correspondence ending on certain products? This is my take on it using Google Translate so YMMV

1st one about their online shop:

- 10% reservation deposit (nonrefundable?)

- About 1 month out from launch date payment request sent for remaining balance via email. Due date is 1 week prior to release date.

- Customers who paid up until due date will have items shipped on release date. After due date will be about 10 days after payment.

- If balance is not settled after release date another email sent.

- No settlement within a month from release date, reservation cancelled. (I guess if you don't make an effort to pay they cancel reservation? )

- COD phased out.

2nd one about customer correspondence:

Terminating customer correspondence (support?) for the following products:

VF-0A

VF-0D

VF-19 Kai

VF-1J Armored

-When the above products are reproduced, we will accept customer correspondence again. (Maybe a hint that they'll be back?  Probably as PF versions).

Repairs might be handled on a case by case basis

I think Arcadia's pricing structure is starting mess with our minds.  When we can look a Valk with extra tampo marking priced at 38000 yen before tax to be considered "cheap"

I got so use to their pricing that I was expecting it to be much higher.  Oh well, guess I might have to preorder one now.  B))

6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Only 38800? That's still expensive, but less than I thought. I was thinking it would be over 40000 since the MSRP was 34800 for the regular edition. 

They might be basing the premium extra charge on what the actual extra costs are. If there's not much extra Tampo, then the premium wouldn't cost too much more to produce.

10 minutes ago, GabrielV said:

I am proud to announce that I am releasing a new Premium Edition VF-0A!  I even have a promo image:

27918409349_1cbd7935ae_z.jpg

I am now accepting pre-orders.  Quantities are extremely limited.  Pre-order before the entire stock is gone!

:D:p:lol: