w8kbrder

2 hours ago, abbadon said:

Here you go...

ARCADIA_Co_Ltd_2017-Jan-13.jpg

Arcadia to release VF-1S Hikaru Strike.

https://twitter.com/ARCADIA_Co_Ltd/status/819731535670583296

2 hours ago, recon said:

.facebook_1484275784452.jpg

I'm in for one. Hoping that it's the same price as Roy's or lower. :wub: Though I wish they pushed back to May or June since I PO'ed 2 Reactive Armors for March. You know, just to have a breather. Hahaha! :lol: Surely Arcadia wants to go head to head with Messer's DX VF-31F release on April. ;) 

37 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

Would be nice if Arcadia just included a VF-1A head too. 

It's nice also if they don't tampo 001 on the figure so we can use 011 for the VF-1A head later on. ^_^

But yeah, I was hoping for Hikaru's VF-1A first since I already put a Strike Pack to my Arcadia Hikaru. ;)

I don't see Arcadia as competing with Bandai. Arcadia should see themselves as a producer of premium Macross VF-1 toys. Delta valks are in my opinion a different kettle of fish - they are different toys after all. People who want a VF-1 toy will want a VF-1 toy. The HMRs don't compare cuz they are of a different scale and quite frankly don't match up with their 1/60s in terms of perfect transformation or size/grandeur.

The 1/60s VF-1s by Arcadia and Yamato are still the definitive valks to have and are still highly desirable. Arcadia should milk it for whatever it's worth now by re-releasing all important variants before Bandai starts making the DX 1/33 scale ones they were rumoured to be interested it. When that happens it would be game over for Arcadia. Unless a ver.3 comes out....

15 minutes ago, QEssential said:

I don't see Arcadia as competing with Bandai. Arcadia should see themselves as a producer of premium Macross VF-1 toys. Delta valks are in my opinion a different kettle of fish - they are different toys after all. People who want a VF-1 toy will want a VF-1 toy. The HMRs don't compare cuz they are of a different scale and quite frankly don't match up with their 1/60s in terms of perfect transformation or size/grandeur.

The 1/60s VF-1s by Arcadia and Yamato are still the definitive valks to have and are still highly desirable. Arcadia should milk it for whatever it's worth now by re-releasing all important variants before Bandai starts making the DX 1/33 scale ones they were rumoured to be interested it. When that happens it would be game over for Arcadia. Unless a ver.3 comes out....

Well, I think it's more like competing for attention since Bandai's putting a lot of Macross stuff lately even if it's just an HM-R line. So they still want the people to know that they still exist. Yeah, I agree that the announcement of Hikaru VF-1S is expected and for sure they're just doing this slow releases strategically even if they only have a handful of Valk to release. Let's hope that they will announce next Max and Millia's VF-1J Supers if they see that there's demands after Bandai releases Millia's.

Let's just hope that they still remain afloat so that they will still release or reissue those hard-to-find-rare-Valks that most of us doesn't have one yet. Esp for newcomers. ;)

2 hours ago, barurutor said:

Apparently Japan Macross fans (remember, we aren't the main market for these toys) have a hard-on for all things Hikaru.  Look at the HM-R 1S Hikaru, resale now reaching 15-16k yen.

That, and I reckon Arcadia's being a bit smart.

It's the simplest and most minimum repaint that's almost guaranteed to sell alot in their home market.

It's even less costly than recoloring the FPs for the TV/Boobie-Duck 1S.

They might even do a Max-1S, but possibly as an Arcadia-shop exclusive.

:sigh:

On the bright side, this new Hikkie-1S should just about crash the scalpers-market for the Yammie Hikkie-1S and the previous Arcadia Hikkie-1S...

55 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm in for one. Hoping that it's the same price as Roy's or lower. :wub: Though I wish they pushed back to May or June since I PO'ed 2 Reactive Armors for March. You know, just to have a breather. Hahaha! :lol: Surely Arcadia wants to go head to head with Messer's DX VF-31F release on April. ;) 

You know you can't resist a Hikaru Valk even if there's a million other releases that month. :D

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Their callsign numbers are different for the A and S variants. I'd rather have it printed on than use a sticker. 

ah yes of course. I thought there might have been something else that was different.

We going to be waiting forever for Arcadia to release stand alone DYRL & TV FAST Pack. Since Arcadia aren't even fussed about the colour differentiation between DYRL and TV (like Yamato), a joint DYRL/TV FAST Pack SKU would be prefect. 2 sets of forearm armors (DYRL/TV) and reaction warheads (different colour tips? I can't remember) would only be required?

Edited by eggy99

A sad, predictable and boring release. Why didn't they release the strike 1Ss 2 years ago instead of the non strike releases. What a waste of time. 4 years of 1Ss and basically the same 2 valks repeated. Not to mention Yamato released them in their final year. Arcadia at least release the cf 0a. Give us something different. I don't have have high hopes for Arcadia anymore.

1 hour ago, aaajin said:

I wonder if Bandai would announce a 1S Hikky reissue, like they did by releasing the 19 Advanced around the same time Arcadia reissue d their 19...

I assume you mean the HMR line? A reissue Hikky 1S would be great news, but I prefer Bandai give us the rest of the Destroids first.

Edited by MAC-X

3 hours ago, MAC-X said:

I assume you mean the HMR line? A reissue Hikky 1S would be great news, but I prefer Bandai give us the rest of the Destroids first.

I mean the 1S. Most probably it wont happen sinnce they already have their hands tied from the scheduled HMR releases...but you'll never know...

Last time, I ordered the Roy valk from hlj and I got hit with $80 import fees. Not ordering from them or anime-export this time as they mark full value on the slip and their shipping cost for this specific product is insane. The damn thing ended up costing close to $500 Canadian.

Thing is, it's hard to find Arcadia pre-orders at shops that mark packages as low value. Does anyone have recommendations?

I have these bookmarked but I don't see them as having stocked previous releases. 

http://www.etoysjapan.com ordered before, they mark low value. There's a Arcadia section but zero products not even "sold out"

http://www.itcamefromjapan.com/ Canadian so no import fees. Zero Arcadia products found either

2 hours ago, MrBig said:

Last time, I ordered the Roy valk from hlj and I got hit with $80 import fees. Not ordering from them or anime-export this time as they mark full value on the slip and their shipping cost for this specific product is insane. The damn thing ended up costing close to $500 Canadian.

Thing is, it's hard to find Arcadia pre-orders at shops that mark packages as low value. Does anyone have recommendations?

I have these bookmarked but I don't see them as having stocked previous releases. 

http://www.etoysjapan.com ordered before, they mark low value. There's a Arcadia section but zero products not even "sold out"

http://www.itcamefromjapan.com/ Canadian so no import fees. Zero Arcadia products found either

2 hours ago, chyll2 said:

Nippon yasan for any countries having custom problems

NY is your choice if you have custom problems. They can mark it as low value...or Mark it as gift if you want.

I use to have the same problem....and Nippon yasan was my salvation :)

Hmmmm...I missed Hikaru 1S HMR version and kinda regret it. I'd rather have M&M 1J's but I'll probably have to bite on this one too. Who am I kidding, missing out once back when Yamato was doing thier thing is bad enough, I'm not missing out on anything again. Screw bank accounts!

2 minutes ago, Scyla said:

As with the Roy I'm not interested in the Hikaru one since I have the first Arcadia release of the VF-1S (sadly no Super Strike Parts). Lets hope a VF-1S Max bundle is next.

I'd actually be for a Max 1S even though it's still basically the same valk but blue stripe instead. At least it's never been re-released.

10 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I'd actually be for a Max 1S even though it's still basically the same valk but blue stripe instead. At least it's never been re-released.

I actually need a Max and Kakizaki DYRL in the new Arcadia white to finish off my Skull Squadron. I guess I'm out of luck on the Kakizaki one since even the Max is wishful thinking from my side at this point.

12 hours ago, abbadon said:

You know you can't resist a Hikaru Valk even if there's a million other releases that month. :D

We'll see sir. :lol: 

41 minutes ago, Scyla said:

As with the Roy I'm not interested in the Hikaru one since I have the first Arcadia release of the VF-1S (sadly no Super Strike Parts). Lets hope a VF-1S Max bundle is next.

If Max's VF-1S Bundle will get released by Arcadia in the future then your Hikaru will not have its own S/S Parts. That's why you have to get the Hikaru Bundle now. Or... you can probably just loan Max's set to Hikaru since we didn't see Max 1S with the packs on during the DYRL movie so it's not canon to have S/S Packs on him, right? ^_^ 

38 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Hmmmm...I missed Hikaru 1S HMR version and kinda regret it. I'd rather have M&M 1J's but I'll probably have to bite on this one too. Who am I kidding, missing out once back when Yamato was doing thier thing is bad enough, I'm not missing out on anything again. Screw bank accounts!

That's the spirit! :yahoo:

Pay Now. Worry Later. :lol:

I'm still interested in arcadia valks (just got their GBP release yesterday, and love it), but I'm not going to get this one.  My collecting space and interest is too limited to buy what is essentially a repaint of the Focker release.  But if they made/rereleased either the VE-1 or VT-1, or even a VF-1D, I'd be interested.  I might even jump on a VF-1A (especially if it was in Kakizaki colors). Outside of that, I'm not really interested in paying $200+ for a bunch of VF-1S or VF-1J repaints, though.  I'm fine with just getting HMRs of those.

I would buy the crap out of some new 51s. My Nora version is still one of my favorite Valks and it's held up reasonably well over the years. But the newer VF-0 toys are pretty nice...at least the Roy version was so i definitely wouldn't sneeze at updated 51s.

That said, keep churning out Zero stuff and I'll keep buying it.

11 minutes ago, michel3105 said:

Do you think there are actual chances that Arcadia will remake the SV-51s ?

The Yamato ones have reached insane prices on ebay, perhaps it's a sign that some desirability does exist...

Hard to say really. It was already mentioned before on the VF-0S thread that Mr.K of Arcadia expressed that he wants to revisit SV-51. But his reply mentioned IIRC is it depends on Arcadia since it's the company decision whether to make it or not. And also involves rights issues.

Don't only check eBay for Macross stuff. You can check Jungle. They have a few used SV-51 figures since some of the high priced items at eBay are used as well. Just saying.

As someone who owns an SV-51, I would love nothing more than the opportunity to chuck that thing in the garbage and replace it with something better. The SV-51 design is great and it's awesome to have something to pare with the VF-0's but the existing toy is just a dumpster fire.

that said, I think I want them to release a VF-0A who's legs don't fall off first. <_<:rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

As someone who owns an SV-51, I would love nothing more than the opportunity to chuck that thing in the garbage and replace it with something better. The SV-51 design is great and it's awesome to have something to pare with the VF-0's but the existing toy is just a dumpster fire.

that said, I think I want them to release a VF-0A who's legs don't fall off first. <_<:rolleyes:

Any valks you want to dump in the garbage, please send my way instead! I'll pay for shipping ;)