Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

I don't think they can do the Cheyenne since I think Bandai has that in lieu of Frontier and Delta licenses.

Other than the Reactive Armor, Mr.K did teased about trying to re-do the SV-51.

I thought we weren't speculating about licenses? :p

If they could do to the SV-51 what they have been doing to the VF-0, I'd be down for a couple. As long as the appendages stay on.

I thought we weren't speculating about licenses? :p

Nobody ever had the Cheyenne license before, tho. :bump:

If they could do to the SV-51 what they have been doing to the VF-0, I'd be down for a couple. As long as the appendages stay on.

If they follow through, then I would like to get the Ivanoff. I specifically kept away from the old Yamato due the issues reported here.

Trouble is, Arcadia's pricing is damn expensive that I rather get a Soul of Chogokin mech...

Edited by treatment

If they follow through, then I would like to get the Ivanoff. I specifically kept away from the old Yamato due the issues reported here.

Trouble is, Arcadia's pricing is damn expensive that I rather get a Soul of Chogokin mech...

I am ok with the price as long as it is without major flaws....like legs that come off. That gets annoying.

The problem with the Yamato SV-51 is that it is amazing, as long as you don't touch it hahaha. Get it just right, and than just look at it.

C'mon, that there is grade A speculation. Arcadia is taking their time because the factory is having issues? They did the craziest paint scheme yet in that factory. I heard all products under the old license had to be announced by last year end making the GBP Arcadia's last cash in on a license that technically belonged to a bankrupt company. The story goes that everything then went out for bid. So after that, nobody knows who has what. All we can go by are the announcements and those seem to indicate Bandai went on a spending spree. If you need proof Bandai had a lot more going on, check the other threads. It doesn't prove Arcadia didn't get any sort of license for SDF macross but if you were Bandai wouldn't you try to box out the competition? It seems like if I can't say Arcadia lost the license then others shouldn't spread rumors and speculation that they didn't right?

Edited by jenius

This topic brings up so many interesting questions. Do we know if licenses are exclusive? I.E. if a company purchases a license for lets say 1/60 DYRL toys. Is the license exclusively theirs for a defined duration of time, or can another company also purchase a license from the owner for the same product in the same scale? A good portion of the model kits are 1/72 scale. It seems that there have been several companies turning out kits in that scale at the same time. So shouldn't this also stand true for toys as well?

It depends. You can pay for exclusivity, you can pay less for specificity (ie. I want to make a Mac+ YF19 vs I want to make toys for Mac+). I have no idea how BW goes at it. I'm sure BW tries to keep things somewhat equitable while trying to maximize profit.

Speculation Mode: ON

I think the timing in which we are now seeing both an Evolution Toys 1/60 VF-2SS and a teased HMR VF-2SS sort of lends to the possibility that there was a recent re-bid on all Macross licenses......

The funny thing is, if it all turns out to be valid, is that Bandai still didn't think it was worth the effort to outbid Evolution Toys for the 1/60/DX version of the license.....and that Arcadia did not possess the vision and/or money for it....as they definitely would have had the skill to make it "right".....

Additionally, BW must be asking a ridiculous amount of money for a 1/60/DX version of the VF-4 FB2012 license, why would Bandai bother with it in HMR?......or maybe Arcadia outbid Bandai for it and did indeed get it and just wants to milk the VF-X one more time before releasing a FB-2012 version?

Speculation Mode: OFF

hey....when need a "Speculation" Special BBCode! :rolleyes: That way you read it only if you want to!

Edited by jvmacross

So wishful thinking that we should all accept until when?

I don't wish that Arcadia has factory issues; rather that is what their current release-data is revealing to all of us and what Mr.K's own tweets has been giving us to chew on some of the reasoning behind their release-schedule and pricing.

I do not quite understand why you want to insist on regurgitating some homebrew rumor of your's that you can't even (or don't want to) provide any confirmation of other than your "belief" and "your sources".

Like I said before, just tell us straight if you have official stuff.

I don't wish that Arcadia has factory issues; rather that is what their current release-data is revealing to all of us and what Mr.K's own tweets has been giving us to chew on some of the reasoning behind their release-schedule and pricing.

I do not quite understand why you want to insist on regurgitating some homebrew rumor of your's that you can't even (or don't want to) provide any confirmation of other than your "belief" and "your sources".

Like I said before, just tell us straight if you have official stuff.

Your wish is that Arcadia has the SDF Macross license for 1/60 toys. They're not going to tell you so you need a time frame. If you haven't seen a toy announcement in x months, you will believe they lost the license. Solve for x and let me know.

For the record, I'd love to be wrong and will honor a number you give me provided it's reasonable and you also don't insist they DO have the license.

Edited by jenius

Your wish is that Arcadia has the SDF Macross license for 1/60 toys. They're not going to tell you so you need a time frame. If you haven't seen a toy announcement in x months, you will believe they lost the license. Solve for x and let me know.

I'm not wishing anything.

It is you who is wishing.

Keep it straight.

You got some official stuff, tell us.

Otherwise, shutdown the license-lost wishful thinking.

Where's the popcorn smiley?!

Honestly this is almost a glass half-full vs. glass half-empty debate between a few members here - and I'm sure I've fallen on one side of that debate myself.

That said, either one in excess can get rather annoying (no offense meant, just lack of a better term).

Can we actually speculate or talk about what IS actually next for Arcadia? VF-4G, VF-0S, VF-0 Reactive Armor, and what may follow in a logical progression?

-b.

*Edit for text formatting

Edited by Kanedas Bike

I wasn't aware that the kits had a pinkish hue to them as well...

I think technoblue or eriku or one of the others were the ones that commented that the pinkish-hue was similar to the old yamato kits pinkish-hue when the pink-nerdrage was happening.

here: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=39641&page=29#entry1097546

Edited by treatment

Where's the popcorn smiley?!

Honestly this is almost a glass half-full vs. glass half-empty debate between a few members here - and I'm sure I've fallen on one side of that debate myself.

That said, either one in excess can get rather annoying (no offense meant, just lack of a better term).

Can we actually speculate or talk about what IS actually next for Arcadia? VF-4G, VF-0S, VF-0 Reactive Armor, and what may follow in a logical progression?

-b.

*Edit for text formatting

Why is everyone happy? I demand negativity and anger!

I think Jenius got what he wanted after all. :D

so being that we are speculating on A based on what the big B has announced.....isn't it curious bandai is making a 1/35 vf-1 in their chogokin line but all the other dx chogokin are very close to 1/60? i would guess that arcadia paid out the butt to keep their bread and butter money printer (vf-1 mold reissues)....sdfm and or dyrl licenese in 1/60 scale. maybe that is hope, or maybe its a logical guess based on what brand B has announced.

so being that we are speculating on A based on what the big B has announced.....isn't it curious bandai is making a 1/35 vf-1 in their chogokin line but all the other dx chogokin are very close to 1/60? i would guess that arcadia paid out the butt to keep their bread and butter money printer (vf-1 mold reissues)....sdfm and or dyrl licenese in 1/60 scale. maybe that is hope, or maybe its a logical guess based on what brand B has announced.

The 1/35 transcends anything else currently out there or that has come before it....it is the coming of the long prophesized (dare I say speculated?) DX VF-1....it is the mother of all VF-1's.....the chosen one that will bring balance to the force....the one that will bring all other VF-1's and in the darkness bind them.....it is the Ayatollah of Rock-and-Roll-a.... :rolleyes:

The 1/35 VF-1 is in a league all of it's own...