Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

On 8/31/2020 at 12:57 PM, sqidd said:
12 hours ago, sqidd said:

I hope you don't mind. I made it official.

930034751_GBPMeme.jpg.5e8652dec46977635aa7fc5144acf94f.jpg

vf-1j-gbp.gif

Ah the beauty of macross merch....release a snap on goggle version, or a grey armor version.
Sold out sales confirmed and wallets killed.

Edited by seti88

3 minutes ago, seti88 said:

:D :D

use watercolor paints and solve money by using water instead to dilute it!
which is what i did during school painting airplane model kits..

since the goggle part is so small anyway, some dabs of watercolor paint would do the job.

Nice. If we're going the cheap and easy alternative routes, one could just grab a #2 pencil and color the visor graphite gray with it and get a shiny, almost metallic gray look to it. Use a decent eraser to remove it. TADA!

5 hours ago, seti88 said:

Ah the beauty of macross merch....release a snap on goggle version, or a grey armor version.
Sold out sales confirmed and wallets killed.

We have swappable hands, so swappable goggles is an obvious money grab. I see Bandai providing one with their GBP but selling the other for 5000 yen.

10 hours ago, vladykins said:

We have swappable hands, so swappable goggles is an obvious money grab. I see Bandai providing one with their GBP but selling the other for 5000 yen.

I can see the press release now:

"After much feedback by our customers, we've included grey-swappable goggles with the GBP set. The MSRP has been revised up by ¥5000. Good Day." --  Bandai

5 minutes ago, slide said:

I can see the press release now:

"After much feedback by our customers, we've included grey-swappable goggles with the GBP set. The MSRP has been revised up by ¥5000. Good Day." --  Bandai

The goggles will have 5 different tampos printed all over it for no other reason than Bandai can do it, but have no locking mechanism to keep it in place aside from a slight bit of friction.

27 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

The goggles will have 5 different tampos printed all over it for no other reason than Bandai can do it, but have no locking mechanism to keep it in place aside from a slight bit of friction.

Seems legit.

45 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

17 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Seems legit.

sounds right.

My Armored VF-1J arrived today from amiami by way of DHL. :yahoo:It spent 5 days in shipping.  I'll probably get it armored up this weekend.  I'm actually fine with the non-gray visor as I don't have Hikaru VF-1J.  As I missed the Yamato era, I decided to stick with Arcadia releases.  I just need a CF VF-1A now.  And maybe a VT-1.  And a Max VF-1S.  :blink:

On 9/1/2020 at 7:20 PM, MacrossJunkie said:

Tell me about it. The arms on my Kakizaku 1A simply won't stay pegged in when in fighter mode. Damn thing is held up against gravity with nothing but friction and hope. Way to take a step back from something Yamato perfected over a decade ago.

12 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Tell me about it. The arms on my Kakizaku 1A simply won't stay pegged in when in fighter mode. Damn thing is held up against gravity with nothing but friction and hope. Way to take a step back from something Yamato perfected over a decade ago.

Definitely the most disappointing thing about the DX. Also embarrassing for them. The guy who mows my lawn could engineer something more effective. Or just go crazy and copy Yamato.

A lot more expensive to produce. But I love magnets. No non cannon notches to look at and all the holding power.

I wonder ho hard it would be to add them post production. If the legs could be opened easily enough I don't think it would be a big deal (I'm also working on no sleep). Just glue some good magnets in there and BOOM, magic retention system in place.

The arms would be easy as long as there is enough clearance for the hands when they're folded in. Or just pop the hands off.

Actually, you know, cutting a lip into those useless pegs so you could hang the arms from them might not be a bad idea... or just replacing them with a hooked tab that's a bit longer, if it'll fit.

Far as goggles go though, we are talking about Yamato's engineering, and not Bandai's.  Why not just swap the heads?  It's not like the Hikaru 1J is a terribly rare edition. :lol: 

13 hours ago, Lolicon said:

It's definitely worse on my Kakizaki than it was on my Hikaru VF-1J or 1S. The 1J had the arms held in pretty tightly despite the lack of a notch on those pegs. I'm hoping transforming the Kakizaki back to fighter mode will tighten it up, but I haven't tried it yet - he might just stay in GERWALK since I have one for each mode now.

My suspicion, personally, is that they're probably saving adding a notch for a mid-run "refreshening" of the line if sales start to slip. Maybe on an otherwise less popular model?

A request if I may.

Since the re-issue Arcadia VF-1 with the GBP has been out for at least a week, is there any one able to super impose a Macross the First 1j head sculpt on top of the exsisting one and with the rest of the Armour as a side by side comparison if possible?

On 9/12/2020 at 7:57 AM, Bub said:

So, is the white true white or pinkish white? Anyone one who has both the arcadia grey googles and this latest release, can you please take a picture of them side by side?  Thanks.

Pinkish white unfortunately. I don't have the first Arcadia release to compare against to see if it has been improved or not. I have the Yamato VF-1J and the pink is pretty obvious on the Arcadia when I put them side by side.

So for me the Arcadia will will staying in perma-GBP mode to hide as much of the valk as possible and if I want to display one without armor I'll pull out the Yamato.

To be honest, their pink valks have got me completely out of valk collecting since the VF-1J GBP came out a few years ago.  Especially bumbed since I sold my original Yamato VF-1J thinking I was getting an upgrade. 

7 minutes ago, arbit said:

To be honest, their pink valks have got me completely out of valk collecting since the VF-1J GBP came out a few years ago.

The new VF-1J (w/GBP) doesn't look pink to me at all...

849480017_ArcadiaVF-1J.jpg.308abfe2d8f20bbc2fe1dc1e2a114020.jpg

...but it's definitely a brighter white than my Yamato versions (which are closer to ivory).

plain jane.jpg

I think the Yammie 1:60 had more tempo, though.  <_<

Edited by tekering

15 minutes ago, tekering said:

The new VF-1J (w/GBP) doesn't look pink to me at all...

849480017_ArcadiaVF-1J.jpg.308abfe2d8f20bbc2fe1dc1e2a114020.jpg

...but it's definitely a brighter white than my Yamato versions (which are closer to ivory).

plain jane.jpg

I think the Yammie 1:60 had more tempo, though.  <_<

I'm not seeing the pink either. I like that bright white.