Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

HobbyLink Japan is showing similar per-orders.  I wonder if its stuff they held back to sell or give away during special events .  I would think that CF VF-1s would be an easy sell if quick income is what they are looking for.

21 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I thought HLJ never stopped listing them originally because they still had stock. 

Yeah, I see it as "in stock" there, not pre-order... and it has been on every sale they've had since it debuted and is still in stock... if Arcadia is doing another production run that seems very bold. Even the PF versions are still relatively easily had.

27 minutes ago, jenius said:

Yeah, I see it as "in stock" there, not pre-order... and it has been on every sale they've had since it debuted and is still in stock... if Arcadia is doing another production run that seems very bold. Even the PF versions are still relatively easily had.

Yeah, I think it's very safe to say Arcadia is not doing any production runs for M&M or the 35th Anniversary at this point. The GBP is definitely a known reissue that they will be producing more of and the 51 is possible they are still making up for the leg mishap.

Edited by Slave IV

3 hours ago, jeniusornome said:

I'd be surprised if they did another Max / Milia run though. HLJ still has them in stock and puts them on sale regularly, so making more of them would just be adding to the pile that hasn't sold yet.

If they wanted easy money, they should re-pop Hikaru and Roy. Or do a paint variation that they haven't printed before. Hell, do an Angel Birds or an Alaska Base.

Miria is the only Arcadia VF-1 I regularly see go on discount, and is in-stock pretty much everywhere.

If Arcadia does get to make the 1d in PF, I'm all in for that (or the KO version gets to it first)

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

The GBP is definitely a known reissue that they will be producing more of and the 262 is possible they are still making up for the leg mishap.

I think you mean to say the 51 @Slave IV.

Waiting for Nora's 51 and hopefully that Arcadia doesn't screw up on that one.

1 minute ago, Sanity is Optional said:

If they wanted easy money, they should re-pop Hikaru and Roy. Or do a paint variation that they haven't printed before. Hell, do an Angel Birds or an Alaska Base.

Miria is the only Arcadia VF-1 I regularly see go on discount, and is in-stock pretty much everywhere.

As we all know, Max gets the first dibs and goes quicker sad he's the ace pilot!  

9 minutes ago, borgified said:

If Arcadia does get to make the 1d in PF, I'm all in for that (or the KO version gets to it first)

I think you mean to say the 51 @Slave IV.

Waiting for Nora's 51 and hopefully that Arcadia doesn't screw up on that one.

As we all know, Max gets the first dibs and goes quicker sad he's the ace pilot!  

Ah, thanks for the catch. 51 for sure (edited the post).

Milia was no slouch...she would also hand Hikaru and Roy their asses.

Edited by Slave IV

There's a couple more VF-1 listed for "Pre-Order" on AmiAmi:

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail?scode=FIGURE-042566-S001

35th Anniversary Painted Unit(Pre-order)(Single Shipment)

14,780 JPY

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail?scode=FIGURE-033313-S001

Maximilian Jenius Custom(Pre-order)(Single Shipment)

19,180 JPY

sv-51 as well

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail?scode=FIGURE-048606-S001

D.D. Ivanov Final Battle Version(Pre-order)(Single Shipment)

32,380 JPY

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods

22 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

There's a couple more VF-1 listed for "Pre-Order" on AmiAmi:

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail?scode=FIGURE-042566-S001

35th Anniversary Painted Unit(Pre-order)(Single Shipment)

14,780 JPY

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail?scode=FIGURE-033313-S001

Maximilian Jenius Custom(Pre-order)(Single Shipment)

19,180 JPY

sv-51 as well

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail?scode=FIGURE-048606-S001

D.D. Ivanov Final Battle Version(Pre-order)(Single Shipment)

32,380 JPY

Deja Vu all over again!

1 minute ago, Grey728 said:

Thanks @spacemanoeuvres! I appreaciate these links.

Does AmiAmi have a good reputation for helping customers out with SV-51 Leg issue? I'm tempted to pull the trigger but don't want to get screwed obviously.

Reach out to Amiami in advance and ask if these have the leg issue corrected. It's easier to deal with this sort of thing BEFORE you buy it :)

6 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Does AmiAmi have a good reputation for helping customers out with SV-51 Leg issue? I'm tempted to pull the trigger but don't want to get screwed obviously.

5 minutes ago, jenius said:

Reach out to Amiami in advance and ask if these have the leg issue corrected. It's easier to deal with this sort of thing BEFORE you buy it :)

FWIW, I purchased mine from Hobby Search, and it was the corrected version.  They still have the restock available:  https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10610334

1 hour ago, Grey728 said:

I would imagine any new stock going out has it fixed. If I recall correctly, amiami did not support anyone who got the leg issue initially and those people had to reach out to Arcadia directly. And Arcadia was not supporting anyone outside Japan.

Edited by Slave IV

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I would imagine any new stock going out has it fixed. If I recall correctly, amiami did not support anyone who got the leg issue initially and those people had to reach out to Arcadia directly. And Arcadia was not supporting anyone outside Japan.

This is accurate.  Arcadia refused to directly support non-Japan customers and Amiami did not help overses customers as a result.  They specifically said they could not even GET parts from arcadia to service their overseas customers

HOWEVER, i just posted this in the SV51 thread:

Good news:
Both NY and HLJ replied to my inquiry and said they had extra replacement legs for the SV51!

I got a set from NY, but due to shipping issue I had to pay $40 for ups. They offered a cheaper ferry service which would take forever. The legs themselves were no cost

hlj was slow responding so I went with ny

1 hour ago, OptionZero said:

This is accurate.  Arcadia refused to directly support non-Japan customers and Amiami did not help overses customers as a result.  They specifically said they could not even GET parts from arcadia to service their overseas customers

HOWEVER, i just posted this in the SV51 thread:

Good news:
Both NY and HLJ replied to my inquiry and said they had extra replacement legs for the SV51!

I got a set from NY, but due to shipping issue I had to pay $40 for ups. They offered a cheaper ferry service which would take forever. The legs themselves were no cost

hlj was slow responding so I went with ny

Nice, NY coming through again with great customer service.

6 hours ago, Grey728 said:

I got my Ivanov through AmiAmi and they refused to send out a replacement part. Also, the process of returning the Valk was a pretty huge PITA, not going to lie - I'd never had to deal with AmiAmi's customer service before and they tried pretty much every technicality to string out the process, I think in the hope that I'd either not have the requisite paperwork or get tired and give up.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted, because the Sv-51 was a cool Valk that I would definitely like in my collection, but as someone who really doesn't enjoy the hassle of dealing with customer service, it's tough to be able to pull the trigger on this one.

If you want it without the headache you can buy it from HLJ - their listing specifically states it is the version with corrected legs. 

I keep going back and forth on it. Mostly because I know if I get it I’ll want to track down a VF-0S too. And I’d rather have it in Nora’s colors with a 0A to put opposite it, but the 0A is a whole other leg disaster. 

Edited by jeniusornome

14 minutes ago, jeniusornome said:

If you want it without the headache you can buy it from HLJ - their listing specifically states it is the version with corrected legs. 

I keep going back and forth on it. Mostly because I know if I get it I’ll want to track down a VF-0S too. And I’d rather have it in Nora’s colors with a 0A to put opposite it, but the 0A is a whole other leg disaster. 

You want the 0S either way. 

D3E243E1-0767-4306-9E16-1B232FC390FB.gif.da087561013732d57118548e1865d119.gif

3 hours ago, OptionZero said:

Not entirely true. I got a set of replacement legs directly from Arcadia. All they required was that I have a Japanese address they could ship to. So I signed up for a Tenso address.

Which I can't entirely blame them on, as they're not likely set up for international shipping, and really that particular job should fall on the retailer (CDJ told me to pound sand).

3 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Which I can't entirely blame them on, as they're not likely set up for international shipping, and really that particular job should fall on the retailer (CDJ told me to pound sand).

I agree. They never intended to sell outside JP. They may not even have an infrastructure for it. As consumers we have to bear a little responsibility when it comes to gray market stuff.

On 5/28/2020 at 4:26 PM, jeniusornome said:

So I ended up biting the bullet on this, and I finally have an Sv-51 with correct ankles. Thanks for the heads' up!

Edited by Rhubarbarian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, if the VF-4 pre-order becomes verified, and Arcadia has survived as a company, I hope that panel-lining becomes the new norm for perfect finish products. It definitely is a step above Bandai and makes the $500 price tag a bit more acceptable. This as opposed to say the PF  VF-OS that just added a few more tampos. I’d love to see panel-lined reissues of a lot of birds. I don’t really have time or space to do that kind of customization stuff myself but it looks soooooo good. 

While they’re at it, perhaps they could make a new mold for the pilots of the VF-1s that are slightly more in line with the newer releases and more accurate to 1/60 scale.  Make their bodies slightly smaller and make the helmets not so large. 

Edited by rematron

After having the PF 0D in hand, I think I'd really like to see weathering editions of the 0S and a fixed 0A. They need more than just some tampo no steps to fit in, and the Zero designs lend themselves really well to some weathering. I also hope we see some sort of PF Ivanov and that we get both versions of Nora's 51 released.

2 hours ago, kaiotheforsaken said:

After having the PF 0D in hand, I think I'd really like to see weathering editions of the 0S and a fixed 0A. They need more than just some tampo no steps to fit in, and the Zero designs lend themselves really well to some weathering. I also hope we see some sort of PF Ivanov and that we get both versions of Nora's 51 released.

It would be nice if they could offer two premium finish versions. Without and with weathering so that those of us that just want all the tampo printing without having to put crappy stickers on have that option. If they ever released a PF 0D without the weathering, I'd sell mine in an instant and get the non-weathered version.

The PF stuff has been hit and miss. The ones that seem to have sold the best were the 0D and SDF-1. While the basic PF Max/Milia didn't sell well at all, and the VE-1 and 0S sold decently. I think they've been trying to figure out their sweet spot with the PF.