Jump to content
w8kbrder

Whats next for Arcadia?

Recommended Posts

Even if they did have the mold, re-issuing the YF-21 at (conservative estimation) 50%-100% higher cost than Bandai, depending on tampo, seems like a poor business decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IF they do announce a VT-1, guaranteed there will be no shoulder issues. And hopefully they wont come with the left foot on both sides. Or the right hand on both sides..:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bolt said:

IF they do announce a VT-1, guaranteed there will be no shoulder issues. And hopefully they wont come with the left foot on both sides. Or the right hand on both sides..:lol:

And guaranteed that it's still not going to have a rainbow canopy, a tent, portable stove, and a mutated fish. :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Bolt said:

IF they do announce a VT-1, guaranteed there will be no shoulder issues. And hopefully they wont come with the left foot on both sides. Or the right hand on both sides..:lol:

The hand would be a much easier fix.

Though, to be honest, fixing the legs was pretty straightforward, and Arcadia actually sent me replacement parts (albeit to a Japanese Tenso address).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

And guaranteed that it's still not going to have a rainbow canopy, a tent, portable stove, and a mutated fish. :lol:

 

Or a distraught Missa..lol;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, rematron said:

I’d like to see a Super Ostrich minus the shoulder issues and in premium finish. 

This...  with NO issues at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish a premium version of:

VF11B

VF11C 

VF-X

VF0A mass production

VF1A mass production

VF1J (with armor) TV Hikaru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Premium Format VT-1 would be an awesome follow-up to the VE-1. Would also love to see an Alaska Base VF-1A.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assumed Arcadia was going to announce the VT before the year end so I think will be until the next year :sorry:

I wonder if the SV mistake had something to do and delay the future releases

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, valhary said:

 

I wonder if the SV mistake had something to do and delay the future releases

I'm a small scale "boutique" manufacturer too. You can be sure the leg thing was a HUGE deal. That sort of thing can tank a small business like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next new mold MUST be the TV SDF-1.........if Arcadia is the boutique collectible purveyor everyone seems to be insinuating in order to rationalize their pricing structure, then the TV SDF-1 would surely fall into the "boutique" category of a high-end collectible....limited release....high price....and still would completely sell out....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm probably in the extreme minority here, but I never cared for the look of the SDF-1- just never appealed to me.  I prefer the looks of the Battle 7 (Macross 7) and the Quarter (Frontier), and I wouldn't mind smaller transforming toys (about the size of a leader class TF) of both, just to have representations of them that don't take up a ton of space.

The valks, though, have always been my draw to Macross, and to that end, I'd just like to see more of those come from Arcadia. My old Yammie Plus VF-11 has held up quite well over the years, so I'm not really feeling the need for a replacement, although I can understand it if some folks out there who never got one , or who just like to refresh their collections, want a new version. Personally, I want them to delve into uncharted territory and  produce some of the valk designs that have never been made in toy form before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, M'Kyuun said:

I'm probably in the extreme minority here, but I never cared for the look of the SDF-1- just never appealed to me.  I prefer the looks of the Battle 7 (Macross 7) and the Quarter (Frontier), and I wouldn't mind smaller transforming toys (about the size of a leader class TF) of both, just to have representations of them that don't take up a ton of space.

The valks, though, have always been my draw to Macross, and to that end, I'd just like to see more of those come from Arcadia. My old Yammie Plus VF-11 has held up quite well over the years, so I'm not really feeling the need for a replacement, although I can understand it if some folks out there who never got one , or who just like to refresh their collections, want a new version. Personally, I want them to delve into uncharted territory and  produce some of the valk designs that have never been made in toy form before. 

Battle 7 I can understand, Frontier I cannot.

TV SDF-1.  Shout it from the rooftops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PREACH IT!!

The last true Holy Grail left in Macross.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of the battle fortresses after DYRL, the only one I like is the Elysion. Not a fan of Battle 7 or the Quarter personally. I don't like the non-integrated main canon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again.  This...  with NO issues at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be great to have the PF VT-1 released.

Has there been anymore news about the VF-4 FB 2012 version? It’s been quite a while since any news has comes to light, I really hope this doesn’t become vaporware. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

It would be great to have the PF VT-1 released.

Has there been anymore news about the VF-4 FB 2012 version? It’s been quite a while since any news has comes to light, I really hope this doesn’t become vaporware. 

According to @abbadon's post on July 27th, (page 96?) to be release in Spring of this year (technically Q1/Q2)

Link: https://figsoku.net/blog-entry-164254.html

201907280436071-400x447.jpg

201907280436091-400x300.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Won't be surprised if it did get pushed back as there was glitches on the SV-51 with the incorrect feet. <_<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, borgified said:

Won't be surprised if it did get pushed back as there was glitches on the SV-51 with the incorrect feet. <_<

Honestly, considering that whole fiasco, they're probably having some long painful discussions with their manufacturing/assembly firm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Honestly, considering that whole fiasco, they're probably having some long painful discussions with their manufacturing/assembly firm.

Or finding a new one. Both time consuming and not fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, sqidd said:

Or finding a new one. Both time consuming and not fun.

Or deciding to close shop after the FB2012 VF-4 gets released. Can’t keep on re-releasing old stuff in PF Editions all the time.

 

 

:ph34r:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, Since I just got the 35th Anniversary edition 1/60 VF-1J, I would be interested to see what they come up with for the 40th Anniversary 1/60 VF-1J!

Twich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Or deciding to close shop after the FB2012 VF-4 gets released. Can’t keep on re-releasing old stuff in PF Editions all the time.

 

 

:ph34r:

 

I've said a few time in the SV-51 thread that the leg issue is the kind of thing that can tank a small business like that. They're very fragile. I hope the PF VF-0D is not the last thing we see out of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody know of a shop that is still taking preorders for the PF VF-0D?  I’m a little concerned of the price vs risk factor of something wrong with it but I’m still playing with the idea of getting one anyways in hopes that it’ll be ok.  But damn that thing isn’t cheap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rematron said:

Anybody know of a shop that is still taking preorders for the PF VF-0D?  I’m a little concerned of the price vs risk factor of something wrong with it but I’m still playing with the idea of getting one anyways in hopes that it’ll be ok.  But damn that thing isn’t cheap

Still taking preorders at Nippon-Yasan.

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/29163-macross-zero-1-60-kanzen-henkei-vf-0d-phoenix-premium-finish.html

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rematron said:

Great! Thanks, no3Ljm!

You’re welcome! :drinks:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...