Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

17 minutes ago, Shawn said:

HLJ has the PF YF-19 with Fast Packs pre-order up...OMG $510
https://www.hlj.com/1-60-scale-fully-transformable-yf-19-with-fast-pack-premium-finish-acamrk821572

This hobby is getting too damn expensive....that is a lot of money  :(

image.thumb.png.8525bdc4f74bf3f2252bab60e090b4c8.png

Right? That's what keeps me from doing a lot with collectibles! Next thing ya know, one of these will literally cost a kidney!

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

https://www.hlj.com/1-60-scale-fully-transformable-yf-19-with-fast-pack-premium-finish-acamrk821572

Yup, price comes down a smidge if you buy in Yen using a card with free currency conversion.

In my case I blew a 20% off coupon on it, brought it right around the Arcadia webstore price.

27 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

HLJ is on the very high end of the cost there, Anime Export has it for much closer to the Arcadia price, about $90 less.  The only benefit for HLJ is being able to pay at release.

Pay on release, ability to combine shipping with other HLJ purchases (and shipping fees make that very worthwhile these days), and the availability of surface shipping.

Probably break-even at best though, given the upcharge at HLJ.

7 hours ago, Shawn said:

It's this kind of price difference between the regular and premium finish that has me considering making more supplemental decal sets for collectors who want to turn their regular finish valks into premium ones on their own. I certainly can't justify dropping $500 plus shipping on this. That's equal to two DX valks....

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

It's this kind of price difference between the regular and premium finish that has me considering making more supplemental decal sets for collectors who want to turn their regular finish valks into premium ones on their own. I certainly can't justify dropping $500 plus shipping on this. That's equal to two DX valks....

Oh man if you do plan on making a decal set for the YF-19, I'll totally skip this release in favor of that. 500 bucks is a lot and I already have two of these babies, so if I can just decal and panel them myself, I will. I actually enjoy working on my valkyries to get them above stock level. :good:

7 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Oh sir. I'm in for YF-19 as well. :hi:

On 3/8/2021 at 7:31 AM, Lolicon said:

Oh man if you do plan on making a decal set for the YF-19, I'll totally skip this release in favor of that. 500 bucks is a lot and I already have two of these babies, so if I can just decal and panel them myself, I will. I actually enjoy working on my valkyries to get them above stock level. :good:

On 3/8/2021 at 12:54 PM, no3Ljm said:

Oh sir. I'm in for YF-19 as well. :hi:

Seriously thinking about it.

Right now, though, I’m wondering if anyone who scored an order during the Arcadia sale last Friday has received a shipping notification. It’s been radio silence for me.... :(

2 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Seriously thinking about it.

Right now, though, I’m wondering if anyone who scored an order during the Arcadia sale last Friday has received a shipping notification. It’s been radio silence for me.... :(

Shipping will only start after the sale ends.

8 hours ago, dgco86 said:

Shipping will only start after the sale ends.

Much appreciated. I missed that piece of information. It looks like Arcadia posted it on the opening day of the sale, right when everyone (including me) was focused on repeatedly hitting the F5 key in the hopes of snagging an item....

3 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Much appreciated. I missed that piece of information. It looks like Arcadia posted it on the opening day of the sale, right when everyone (including me) was focused on repeatedly hitting the F5 key in the hopes of snagging an item....

What did you land btw? I only picked up Reactive Armor because I didn't stay up for this one and all the good stuff was obviously gone by the time I woke up. :)

7 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

What did you land btw? I only picked up Reactive Armor because I didn't stay up for this one and all the good stuff was obviously gone by the time I woke up. :)

I managed to get a 1/60 SF-3A Lancer II. Completed my order in the first minute of the sale. Sold out a few minutes later.

For folks who expressed interest in a decal set for the YF-19, I should be able to do it (assuming my printer continues to work). I'm basing that decision on a scan (see below) of the sheet that comes with the first issue of the regular finish and an assumption that Arcadia won't change it for the reissue. Like the set I just made for the VF-4, there's probably a bunch of stuff that can be dropped to make the sheet more economical.

Arcadia-Stickers-1-HD.jpg

(scan courtesy of the Scorched Earth Toys blog, aka @jenius)

Edited by Anasazi37

15 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

For folks who expressed interest in a decal set for the YF-19, I should be able to do it (assuming my printer continues to work). I'm basing that decision on a scan (see below) of the sheet that comes with the first issue of the regular finish and an assumption that Arcadia won't change it for the reissue. Like the set I just made for the VF-4, there's probably a bunch of stuff that can be dropped to make the sheet more economical.

Woohoo!

Don't need to go full Master File on those markings. Maybe later tonight I'll pull a scan of the Hasegawa decal sheet and see what markings it should have.

Received notification early this morning that my 1/60 SF-3A Lancer II has shipped! Based on the tracking info, it looks to be heading to the correct post office for Tenso, so there's a halfway decent chance that this might actually work out. Fingers crossed....

On 3/14/2021 at 11:20 AM, Anasazi37 said:

Me! Me! Me! Me too! :yahoo:

2 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Received notification early this morning that my 1/60 SF-3A Lancer II has shipped! Based on the tracking info, it looks to be heading to the correct post office for Tenso, so there's a halfway decent chance that this might actually work out. Fingers crossed....

Oh I’ve done it twice to Tenso with Arcadia. Most recent was my PF VF-4. It’ll work just fine. For my shipping notice from the same sale too. Looking forward to it.

12 hours ago, Yugure0 said:

My VF-0D just arrived!

Anasazi and F360:  I can confirm that shipping was free domestically in Japan.

1282B6C9-0DB0-406E-9320-FD9183A54D04.jpeg

I have to agree with the above sentiment that the PF 0D is probably the single best PT valkyrie toy ever, with the only drawback being the hefty price tag.

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, seti88 said:

pricing for eventual PE release! :D

I'm sure the PF version will cost at least another $150.

And since it's a collaboration with Max Factory, the decals and pipe cleaner arms and legs will be sold separately for at least $60 each, but each set of arms and legs will only contain one arm and one leg, so you'll have to buy two for each valk.

Has it ever been discussed why Arcadia has never come out with a Premium Finish 1/60 VF-1J Hikaru?  I almost wonder if they are going to be a special thing for 40th anniversary, or are they planning something for this year?  Does anyone know?  I would prefer it without fast packs, just like they show it in the animation.  If it is released without the fast packs, it might make it more attainable for us.

1 hour ago, twich said:

Has it ever been discussed why Arcadia has never come out with a Premium Finish 1/60 VF-1J Hikaru?  I almost wonder if they are going to be a special thing for 40th anniversary, or are they planning something for this year?  Does anyone know?  I would prefer it without fast packs, just like they show it in the animation.  If it is released without the fast packs, it might make it more attainable for us.

I don't know if there's a lot of demand, but I've mentioned wanting one of those several times, and actually, I do want the fast packs with it, because I want a fully printed set of TV fast packs that I don't have to sticker to get the kite on them.

That and a PF VT-1 are basically my last two desired PF releases.

Edited by Chronocidal

Well, I guess you are right. If it comes with fast packs, I will still want it. I most desire the base Variable Fighter with all that printed on detail without having to spend for a rare, hard to find Bandai DX VF-1J Hikaru