Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

• 5 weeks later...

Seeing that the VF-4A is going to get released this December, what do you guys think the next release from Arcadia is going to be? Is it going to be another reissue, or another re-PF version? I don’t see them anymore on doing a ’new’ Valkyrie outside of what they currently have in their catalog. What do you guys think?

9 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Seeing that the VF-4A is going to get released this December, what do you guys think the next release from Arcadia is going to be? Is it going to be another reissue, or another re-PF version? I don’t see them anymore on doing a ’new’ Valkyrie outside of what they currently have in their catalog. What do you guys think?

Didn't a fair chunk of us discussed a possible PF VT-1 or a non-PF Nora 51? 

The VT-1 was teased and the Nora 51 was shown unless Arcadia decides to mothball it after giving it second thoughts.

11 minutes ago, borgified said:

Didn't a fair chunk of us discussed a possible PF VT-1 or a non-PF Nora 51? 

The VT-1 was teased and the Nora 51 was shown unless Arcadia decides to mothball it after giving it second thoughts.

Ok. So I guess it’s safe to assume that there’s nothing else outside of their catalog that they like to do nor acquiring a license of doing something new. You know, like being competitive for Macross fans like doing something different than the other company. Because to be honest, other companies already stole their lightning when it comes to Valkyries. It would be nice somehow to see them once again to try something new that fans haven’t seen it yet in toy form.

12 minutes ago, borgified said:

So you guys are fine with shelling out another roughly $1K USD when Arcadia does a "TV SDF-1" (for those that can afford it). 

Around $1K? It's no for me. But if ever they make TV SDF-1 in PF mode, within the same price range as their previous DYRL SDF-1 PF (since I don't think they'll do lower than that), I'll probably get one.

Edited by no3Ljm

I would totally be in for one as well. Hell, to derail the topic a bit, if someone could convince @Brick_Sash to make a manual/kit for his Lego SDF-1 MOC, I'd totally be in for that as well. He's the primary reason why I even made an Macross World Forum account way back when just so I could attempt to contact him.

3 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

I would totally be in for one as well. Hell, to derail the topic a bit, if someone could convince @Brick_Sash to make a manual/kit for his Lego SDF-1 MOC, I'd totally be in for that as well. He's the primary reason why I even made an Macross World Forum account way back when just so I could attempt to contact him.

I peeked into that specific thread and it does look outsanding, however Harmony Gold and Lego will mothball it if it was ever presented it on their table to get  it produced.

19 minutes ago, jenius said:

Maybe they could do it as a subscription item. They could also make it bigger that way...

Like the Eaglemoss Ecto-1 in which you had to put together if someone has gotten it.

4 hours ago, borgified said:

So you guys are fine with shelling out another roughly $1K USD when Arcadia does a "TV SDF-1" (for those that can afford it). 

$1K in Canadian you mean?

And no, not unless it's in @Nyankodevice's league... and scale.

16 hours ago, borgified said:

Yup.. That is correct @slide plus that doesn't include the CBSA fees if you so get nabbed (which is a very high possibility). 

ok yea, $1K Canadian about right for the PF version, and it's just not worth it... that's why I bought one of the kit versions and am going to make a PF myself.

6 hours ago, borgified said:

Not for you guys down in the States, however its 1K for the PF SDF-1 for us up here in Canada as we have to pay an additional Customs Fee if the CBSA gets their grubby paws on it. 

You specifically said $1k USD. 

PF SDF-1 cost me 48k yen, or around $440 at the time.

30 minutes ago, easnoddy said:

With the Bandai DX VF-1's, Arcadia should get out of the VF-1 market for the time being.  They do an excellent job with the other valkyries, they should really focus on those.  A PF YF-21 before Bandai does it would be a smart move.

I agree with that. A PF 21 and maybe even 11. And for god's sake, a re-release of the VF-0S PF. With a Ghost booster option.

And a TV SDF-1.

10 hours ago, easnoddy said:

A PF YF-21 before Bandai does it would be a smart move.

Oooohh. A PF YF-21? That's cool but then they have to fix the cracking inner thigh problem and release the weathered YF-19 they announced years ago first. :rolleyes: