Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

24 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

I think I don't understand why there is disappointment in the lack of grey trimmed goggles. Was it ever shown in promo pics from Arcadia to have it?

Also it seems to be sold as Hikaru's 1J in GBP armor from SDFM rather than the one that shows briefly in DYRL. Wasn't it only the DYRL version that showed for all of a second or two that had the grey goggles? I don't recall Hikaru's having it in SDFM unless there were some coloring errors that I don't recall (and there were many in the show).

Grey in both.

SDFM

vf-1j-gbp-dyrl.gif

DYRL

vf-1j-gbp.gif

Edited by sqidd

15 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Hmm, okay. I just recalled it having white goggles throughout the series when Hikaru was using it. I guess it switched over to having grey in that one episode. Odd.

It was probably a coloring mistake that became cannon.;)

13 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

In the one episode that the armor appears in, the visor randomly changes color between grey and white.

I’ll take it. I just rewatched SDFM and already couldn’t remember if they were ever white. Now, I don’t have to go back and check again. Haha

1 minute ago, sqidd said:

:rofl:

So, a mistake that was obviously a mistake became cannon. Nerds are hilarious! (I'm including myself in "nerds")

Err, if you'd watched the episode, then you would know that the  coloring-mistake was actually the "white".

Animators forgot to color it properly due most likely to being rushed and stuff back then...

I always viewed the grey visor as the animation error that just got accepted as canon for whatever reason. Why would the VF-1J be any different when using armor vs any other time? UN built a different line of 1Js for the sole purpose of using the GBP? Sure, why not. That makes sense. :p

30 minutes ago, treatment said:

Sure.

Next time, just try watching SDFM and DYRL.

It'll provide answers to alot of your own questions and stuff regarding canon and whatnots.

Maybe it;s just late and I feel like causing trouble?:unknw:

7 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I always viewed the grey visor as the animation error that just got accepted as canon for whatever reason. Why would the VF-1J be any different when using armor vs any other time? UN built a different line of 1Js for the sole purpose of using the GBP? Sure, why not. That makes sense. :p

I think they did it on purpose. A joke still paying off 38 years later!

15 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

It's the same VF-1J.

However, the armored loadout is special:

snap-00001.jpg.b9756fcb1563b0761028433f963069b2.jpg

Hence, the specific grey-goggles instead of the usual white coz armor:

snapshot from from my old Animiego dvd (disc-3)...

Aside from the rule of cool, I’m not sure why that particular part of the 1J’s head needs armour. In any case, it would have been neat if Arcadia figured out a way to attach a grey piece to the visor because then those who truly care would have the best of both worlds!

3 minutes ago, technoblue said:

Aside from the rule of cool, I’m not sure why that particular part of the 1J’s head needs armour. In any case, it would have been neat if Arcadia figured out a way to attach a grey piece to the visor because then those who truly care would have the best of both worlds!

Or just two heads.:good:

So I just watched the episode. With the benefit of streaming, high def/remastered, a 75" TV and the ability to pause it anywhere at any moment with no distortion. Here's the thing. It's all wrong. There isn't anything to tether to as a "zero".

-The vast majority of the time the goggles are the exact same color as the armor. So, either the armor is supposed to be grey, or the goggles are supposed to be blue. IMO if one wanted to go "Full Cannon" the goggles need to be the same color as the armor. Pick your poison. Blue or grey. Or, blue/grey. To me the armor looks more blue/grey than blue for what that's worth.

-In a few instances the goggles did appear to be darker than the armor. But they were very brief, and my brain could be playing tricks on me half of those times. Some of them were after Hikaru ejected the armor so the contrast with the white Valk would make the blue/grey look darker.

-There were absolutely moments where the goggles were white. No mistaking them. They weren't short.

-In one instance the goggles were RED! And most of the armor was white (it looked pretty cool).

In conclusion, go with whatever makes you happy. I don't think this could be any more wide open. Also, IMO if Arcadia were real hard core fans they would come with three heads. One with grey, one with blue, one with white. Or just do the armor and the goggles in blue/grey and provide a head with white goggles.

I'd like to see someone do a white and red GBP custom. The brief moment when the cartoonist was on acid it looked pretty cool!

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

SDFM

vf-1j-gbp-dyrl.gif

DYRL

vf-1j-gbp.gif

Incidentally, you got those backwards, @sqidd.  The armor is consistently grey (not blue) in the TV series.

Oddly enough, the toys have always gone with blue for the armor, which is closer to DYRL (but isn't really consistent with either)...

1511561048_GBPincomplete.jpg.def108951ecc64dd316956e50d4ffdd8.jpg

...but never with the yellow-tipped DYRL missiles...!  :unsure:

361436961_DYRLreference.jpeg.10ef9a672abfea2215b2a20dde26f75b.jpeg

1 hour ago, treatment said:

Err, if you'd watched the episode, then you would know that the coloring-mistake was actually the "white".

Yes, the "goggles" are much more consistently grey in the episode (except when they aren't).  <_<

However, once the armor is jettisoned, the coloring becomes consistently inconsistent.  :huh:

38 minutes ago, sqidd said:

In one instance the goggles were RED! And most of the armor was white (it looked pretty cool).

Yeah, I dig the "ambulance" scheme.  ^_^

707023194_redcross.jpeg.009cf316dbf253e3a8f5e1b7238aef59.jpeg

2 hours ago, tekering said:

Incidentally, you got those backwards, @sqidd.  The armor is consistently grey (not blue) in the TV series.

Oddly enough, the toys have always gone with blue for the armor, which is closer to DYRL (but isn't really consistent with either)...

Yeah, I dig the "ambulance" scheme.  ^_^

707023194_redcross.jpeg.009cf316dbf253e3a8f5e1b7238aef59.jpeg

LOL, I transposed those linked pics from the Macross Mecha manual. I'm a dum dum.8P

Yeah, I kinda want a GBP Ambulance custom! 

Woooooooo Woooooooo Wooooooo, I'm here to blow you up.........then save your life!:p

5 hours ago, sqidd said:

Or just two heads.:good:

It would be fantastic if Arcadia did something like what Bandai did with the HMR mass production 1A and included both heads since they are easy to switch out, but that seems a bridge too far for them.

1 hour ago, ErikElvis said:

I never had a super ostrich. Maybe they’ll do one of those in PF. 

I may be in the minority, but I think there’s a good chance that we’ll see it announced. Probably not this year, though. It looks like the 1J GBP reissue and the VF-4A have filled in the rest of their Macross schedule.

1 hour ago, vladykins said:

I think they put on special sunglass sensors (those the gray goggles) and Hikaru just keeps losing them and having to put them back on.

<crickets>

I'll show myself out.

giphy.gif

27 minutes ago, vladykins said:

Preparing to launch all missiles, Hikaru loses his glasses.....again.

image.png.de7e692fb00975ee920560d78ca167ea.png

Some of you guys make me glad my memory is entirely non-visual. So I never have to worry if things are screen-accurate or not, just if they look good.

Though I think the grey goggles look better with the GBP than the white.

Well, here it is, with no surprises... just a straight Arcadia re-release of the ol' 1:60 vanilla.

1822079954_limitedtampo.jpg.7e9cf42d506a0b53952f0f54f7e584f8.jpg

As before, it lacks even the tampographed UN SPACY the Yamato release had...

1543850832_plainjane.jpg.45d0923f065848abc310287c9807ed9e.jpg

A "premium finish" release would be most welcome.

1898064575_ArcadiaVF-1J.jpg.4c120884dbf3470c6a7aa83b5d6d3ab4.jpg

The GBP also wants for some of the usual markings... but remains the most well-articulated of all the armored Valkyries.

1189829651_ArcadiaGBP.jpg.475fae4bd1658c0234de94c3ecbf5041.jpg

Look at that poser showing off.  :p

GBPs.jpg.3e885af23a69069ccc2b81d82dd8afde.jpg

13 minutes ago, tekering said:

.. but remains the most well-articulated of all the armored Valkyries.

1189829651_ArcadiaGBP.jpg.475fae4bd1658c0234de94c3ecbf5041.jpg

I sold my Yammie 1/48 because it simply didn't compare. And the armor fell off all the time.:p

Fingers crossed there is a DX release and it's as pose-able as the rest of the DX line with the armor on. Well, close. I guess it can't be THAT pose-able with all of that stuff on there.