Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

@Sanity is Optional - I've got my copy from Amazon.jp this weekend to Canada and not going to cancel the order at close to 28k yen with everything it (shipping and import fees included) as I pre-ordered it late in the last week of May.

@enphily - First question: Did you say "white goggles"?? Didn't I read that somewhere earlier in this thread that @jenius mentioned that the white googles is not the correct one as it was just the prototype version. The first release Arcadia VF-1J with GBP (released in 2016-2017) is the correct one.  

Edit: I did find it after some digging.

Posted April 6th, pg. 106 in @jenius' words: "All GBP releases have gray goggles, Yamato or Arcadia, if yours doesn't then someone swapped toys on you." 

Second question - Where did you get that pic and what is the year that it was taken? 

2 hours ago, enphily said:

Looks like this release coming with white goggles

I was going to sleep on this one since I have Arcadia's first release but if this is true, they have my attention. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, borgified said:

@enphily - First question: Did you say "white goggles"?? Didn't I read that somewhere earlier in this thread that @jenius mentioned that the white googles is not the correct one as it was just the prototype version. The first release Arcadia VF-1J with GBP (released in 2016-2017) is the correct one.  

All good points, when discussing Arcadia's first release of the armour set. This time, it could be legit. It certainly wouldn't be the first time that Arcadia has made tweaks to the colour scheme for a reissue. See the VF-19 Kai and PF 0D box sets. I guess we'll see when more people get these in hand. The upside to having white goggles is that the 1J can do double duty as a TV Hikaru 1J, if you want to use the included armour on a different fighter. 

Edited by technoblue

15 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I'd be ticked.

Yeah a bit disappointed in the lack of gray goggles. I am glad to see they improved the overall plastic color of the VF-1J - no more salmon pink hue.

Would really love to see them produce a weathered version or even  premium format with all possible tampo version of this set.

Edited by Corrinald

5 minutes ago, Corrinald said:

Yeah a bit disappointed in the lack of gray goggles. I am glad to see they improved the overall plastic color of the VF-1J - no more salmon pink hue.

Would really love to see them produce a weathered version or even  premium format with all possible tampo version of this set.

Arcadia has to have something screwed up just a little with every release I think.:p

28 minutes ago, Pedro2k6 said:

I got this pics from Twitter.

Screenshot_20200830-191847_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20200830-191853_Twitter.jpg

errr, the box-art of both the old Yamato and the Arcadia all featured non-grey goggles, while the second pic is the old promo-pic from both Yamato and Arcadia  that does not have the grey-goggles for some odd reason.

6 minutes ago, treatment said:

Where did you order yours?

That's a really very fast shipping to the US since it was just released yesterday in Japan.

I had it preordered at HLJ. It was available in my private warehouse a little early and I had it shipped via DHL for about 4500 yen. It arrived at my house on Friday.

6 minutes ago, Corrinald said:

I had it preordered at HLJ. It was available in my private warehouse a little early and I had it shipped via DHL for about 4500 yen. It arrived at my house on Friday.

HLJ got some early, huh. 

Still, dunno why Arcadia would change this re-release with the white-goggles instead of the usual grey-goggles.

10 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Premium Finishes have spoiled me. I want no less from Arcadia at this point. Everything else they release just seems bland by comparison now.

I agree.  To offload my 1/60 Yamato GBP it would have to be a gray goggle PF version.

Edited by Rogueload

Nah.

Why even bother.

Arcadia now wants to compete with Bandai's own idiotic symmetry shenanigan by putting the white-goggles shenanigan on this GBP-set re-release.

Just don't enable their idiocy by buying this set. 

And/Or just return this white-goggle GBP-set and get a refund. 

En masse...

1 hour ago, treatment said:

Nah.

Why even bother.

Arcadia now wants to compete with Bandai's own idiotic symmetry shenanigan by putting the white-goggles shenanigan on this GBP-set re-release.

Just don't enable their idiocy by buying this set. 

And/Or just return this white-goggle GBP-set and get a refund. 

En masse...

I'm pretty sure that their promo pics had white goggles???? If so, no one has any recourse. Doesn't make it right. It just is.

They were pretty good about getting SV-51 legs out. They can send out a bunch of heads now. Man, having a vested interest in Arcadia must be frustrating. They bleed money over the dumbest stuff.

I'm sure the people who wanted white goggles complained when Arcadia released the grey goggles. Someone will complain about something.

If you weren't planning on buying a set regardless, why would you care what color goggles it comes with?

You can find the previous set for pretty much the same price. These things aren't exactly flying off the shelves.

I never cared about white or grey. And since I already have the GBP and have no desire to get another, I really don't care what color goggles this set comes with. :p

Yeah, I remember this debate going the other way back when Arcadia released their GBP set the first time. To balance the scales, here's an old archive pic of mine with the first-release Arcadia 1J wearing Yamato's GBP armour. The Yamato armour is the missile effects version and has extra Tampo prints. The Arcadia armour is on the DYRL 1A in the background. I'm seriously tempted by the new white goggle 1J since I sold off my Yamato version ages ago and the paint does look nice on this reissue.

But the idea of a PF Hikaru 1J of any sort gives me pause. :unsure:

post-5492-0-22881100-1433549906_thumb.png

14 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I'm sure the people who wanted white goggles complained when Arcadia released the grey goggles. Someone will complain about something.

If you weren't planning on buying a set regardless, why would you care what color goggles it comes with?

You can find the previous set for pretty much the same price. These things aren't exactly flying off the shelves.

I never cared about white or grey. And since I already have the GBP and have no desire to get another, I really don't care what color goggles this set comes with. :p

I just like to b!itch about it.:lol:

20 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I'm pretty sure that their promo pics had white goggles???? If so, no one has any recourse. Doesn't make it right. It just is.

They were pretty good about getting SV-51 legs out. They can send out a bunch of heads now. Man, having a vested interest in Arcadia must be frustrating. They bleed money over the dumbest stuff.

The white-goggle promo pics are as old as the original Yamato 1/60v2 release.  Both Yamato and Arcadia never bothered to correct them for whatever reason. 

It'll be nice if Arcadia does include the grey-goggle as a separate plugin accessory with this re-release, but that'll make too much sense. 

Only a few import-shops actually bothered to help out on the foot-issue with the Ivanoff SV-51.  Doubtful they'll be more helpful this time.

I'm just guessing Arcadia's having some issues with their factory(ies).  

Maybe the factory's asking additional fees for the grey-goggles.  Maybe the grey-goggles part didn't make it in time due to covid stuff and would've delayed overall production schedule.

Maybe that one factory-dude who's one job is to grey the goggles just quit or something.

Too many maybe's already...

:5:

1 minute ago, Lolicon said:

Oh that wasn't meant for you. It was for peeps who are getting super angry and want to punish Arcadia or something even though they were never going to get one anyway. Bizarre stuff.

R5p9G94.gif?noredirect

13 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Oh that wasn't meant for you. It was for peeps who are getting super angry and want to punish Arcadia or something even though they were never going to get one anyway. Bizarre stuff.

So it ain't meant for those folks who actually preordered this set expecting the grey goggles (since they don't have one) and are now super disappointed that they ain't getting the grey goggles with it?

1 minute ago, treatment said:

So it ain't meant for those folks who actually preordered this set expecting the grey goggles (since they don't have one) and are now super disappointed that they ain't getting the grey goggles with it?

To be fair they did click on a buy button next to a picture of one with white goggles.

Would I be pissed/bummed out if I had bought one and wanted grey goggles? Yep, I sure would. After about 30sec I would be PO'd with myself the most though. A lifetime of constantly shooting yourself in the foot will do that to ya.:D

1 minute ago, sqidd said:

To be fair they did click on a buy button next to a picture of one with white goggles.

Would I be pissed/bummed out if I had bought one and wanted grey goggles? Yep, I sure would. After about 30sec I would be PO'd with myself the most though. A lifetime of constantly shooting yourself in the foot will do that to ya.:D

Nah.

People bought the original Yammie and the original Arcadia releases with the same pic.

We got reviews out of the wazoos over the years showing what one gets with the original Yammie and Arcadia versions.

6 minutes ago, treatment said:

Nah.

People bought the original Yammie and the original Arcadia releases with the same pic.

We got reviews out of the wazoos over the years showing what one gets with the original Yammie and Arcadia versions.

History is a horrible predictor of the future. Case in point.;)

I think I don't understand why there is disappointment in the lack of grey trimmed goggles. Was it ever shown in promo pics from Arcadia to have it?

Also it seems to be sold as Hikaru's 1J in GBP armor from SDFM rather than the one that shows briefly in DYRL. Wasn't it only the DYRL version that showed for all of a second or two that had the grey goggles? I don't recall Hikaru's having it in SDFM unless there were some coloring errors that I don't recall (and there were many in the show).

1 minute ago, MacrossJunkie said:

I think I don't understand why there is disappointment in the lack of grey trimmed goggles. Was it ever shown in promo pics from Arcadia to have it?

Also it seems to be sold as Hikaru's 1J in GBP armor from SDFM rather than the one that shows briefly in DYRL. Wasn't it only the DYRL version that showed for all of a second or two that had the grey goggles? I don't recall Hikaru's having it in SDFM unless there were some coloring errors that I don't recall (and there were many in the show).

You need to re-watch SDFM again, then...

Just for clarity sake right now, is there anyone that can find the pic of the re-issue of the Arcadia VF-1J with the GBP on Manda that was listed for grabs at 25k yen? 

I'm thinking that Arcadia just re-used the box again  (what else s new) and f***** everyone into getting the PF version this time round just like what @treatmenthad  mentioned. :diablo:

We've been both Yamato' ed and Arcadia' ed (technically the same people that did the R&D on these things).