Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

20 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

They should release a PF YF-21; beat Bandai to the punch. I would get one just for fighter mode. 

Especially since the Bandai one looks awful in both battroid and fighter mode. Hideous and gaudy extraneous tampo prints as if just to flex and show they can put on all those tampo prints because it's no issue for them while Arcadia needs to charge 30-40% more to do the same, Short stubby doors and weird looking arms in battroid. Fat fighter mode and a far too short fuselage area.

46 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I'm surprised that they don't re-release the VF-0S. They're about impossible to find. And ridiculous money if you can. Seems like the market says there are not enough of them.

I'm not sure there's enough demand to cover another production run, unfortunately.

Now, if they put out a PF VF-0A, with ghost booster...

Yeah, the PF VF-0S was released in mid 2018 and was still sporadically available at shops towards the end of 2019. I seem to recall seeing a handful pop up at HLJ earlier this year as well.

I don’t think they move very fast because of the high price, but 1+ year to sell out doesn’t say “high demand” to me. 

1 hour ago, borgified said:

Don't forget that the Yammie YF-21/VF-22 look like penguins. :rofl:

What are you talking about? They don't look like peng-

20200821_203836.jpg.695781157c221331099a56a46ce2fff8.jpg

... oh

1 hour ago, jeniusornome said:

Yeah, the PF VF-0S was released in mid 2018 and was still sporadically available at shops towards the end of 2019. I seem to recall seeing a handful pop up at HLJ earlier this year as well.

I don’t think they move very fast because of the high price, but 1+ year to sell out doesn’t say “high demand” to me. 

That's too bad. I still want a second one. Even better if it was PF, but even a non PF is fine with me, but I don't want to pay premium prices on top of what their MSRP already was.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Now you see it right @MacrossJunkie

Honestly saying, Arcadia is starting to run out of ideas very quickly in the Macross department as of now. I highly doubt that they will resurrect some of the former company's offerings in PF format (Cavaliers, VF-X, VF-1s Max etc...). I'm sure that the KO will beat them up in that department.

10 minutes ago, borgified said:

Now you see it right @MacrossJunkie

Honestly saying, Arcadia is starting to run out of ideas very quickly in the Macross department as of now. I highly doubt that they will resurrect some of the former company's offerings in PF format (Cavaliers, VF-X, VF-1s Max etc...). I'm sure that the KO will beat them up in that department.

They don't have a lot of options Macross-wise since Bandai has all the new shows on lockdown and who knows if they still have Macross 7 licenses or not? Otherwise they've just got SDFM, DYRL, FB2012, Zero, and Plus (maybe? not sure since Bandai is doing Macross Plus stuff in 1/60 scale now). Maybe VF-X2 as well?

Honestly, they should go and do a TV SDF-1 and have the connecting points for the Prometheus and Daedalus be compatible with the ARMDs as well. The SDF-1 sold pretty well didn't it?

Edited by MacrossJunkie

1 hour ago, MacrossJunkie said:

What are you talking about? They don't look like peng-

20200821_203836.jpg.695781157c221331099a56a46ce2fff8.jpg

... oh

That's too bad. I still want a second one. Even better if it was PF, but even a non PF is fine with me, but I don't want to pay premium prices on top of what their MSRP already was.

:rofl:

Well, there are still many things that i would like to see from arcadia....

M0 VF-0D CF

M0 VF-0S/A bundled with a new ghost drone

M0 VF-0A CF

SDF-1 TV version

Some variations from M+ (double nuts and bird of prey).

My secret dream is for them to resurect the 1/48 VF-1 line...but i know that will never happen

Now i don't know which licences they own but i think they still have a lot of work to do. And if the next releases are as good as the VF-0D PF then i will gladly spend my money on their toys rather than Bandai's.

On 8/22/2020 at 1:51 PM, Chronocidal said:

Don't you be dissing that adorable Pengroid mode! :lol: 

I pretty sure that it will be on the DX release as well. ;)

We know that both the VF-4 versions will be released in February, are we all hoping either Nora/teased VT-1 is next on the list? :unknw:

5 minutes ago, Sandman said:

The VT and VF-1D need to be released like NOW!!! Seriously whats the hold up?

IMO aside from a small group of die hard fans they're not desirable. Therefore not money makers. I'd wager that a few people at Arcadia know what Yamato produced vs what sold and they use that to make production decisions.

That said I don't know why they don't do the "Kickstarter" thing and ask people to put their money where their mouth is. Something along the lines of "If we get XXXX number of $75 deposits we will produce a VF-XXX. If they don't get the deposits required they can simply refund them. If they do get the number they need they get to do a run of something that they wouldn't have.

Edited by sqidd

37 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

That actually sounds like a pretty reasonable sales model. I wouldn't mind that at all.

I use that sales model for some of the stuff that I do. You find out real quick if people are full of it or not.;) It's also allowed me to bring stuff to market that I wouldn't have taken the risk on. I can also bring stuff in at a lower cost using that model too. We PO pretty much everything anyway. I'm surprised a small player like Arcadia isn't using this model.

It's the oppoiste of "build it and they will come".

19 minutes ago, technoblue said:

The VT-1 will get here given time. It was already teased and Arcadia is slowly but surely working through their backlog. I will be surprised if we see an official announcement for it before 2021, though.

Or they teased it and didn't get the level of interest they wanted.;)

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Or they teased it and didn't get the level of interest they wanted.;)

Yeah, like the Mass Production VF-0A. :( After the PF 0D, I'm all for Arcadia revisiting both 0A liveries. B))

Circling back to the VT-1, I'm hoping it has more cred because Mr. K was teasing it but who knows?:unknw:

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

I use that sales model for some of the stuff that I do. You find out real quick if people are full of it or not.;) It's also allowed me to bring stuff to market that I wouldn't have taken the risk on. I can also bring stuff in at a lower cost using that model too. We PO pretty much everything anyway. I'm surprised a small player like Arcadia isn't using this model.

It's the oppoiste of "build it and they will come".

I suspect that part of it is that Kickstarter just isn't a thing when it comes to Japanese companies.

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I suspect that part of it is that Kickstarter just isn't a thing when it comes to Japanese companies.

I'm not sugesting that it be run through Kickstarter. I used that name to convey a thought.:good:

They're only one step away from the Kickstarter business model (taking a depossit) now. Maybe it's what makes the difference for them? Maybe it's the difference between making money and going out of business. For example, they could find out real fast if there was enough interest to do a TV SDF-1. Maybe there is 10x the interest they think there is.

10 hours ago, sqidd said:

IMO aside from a small group of die hard fans they're not desirable. Therefore not money makers. I'd wager that a few people at Arcadia know what Yamato produced vs what sold and they use that to make production decisions.

That said I don't know why they don't do the "Kickstarter" thing and ask people to put their money where their mouth is. Something along the lines of "If we get XXXX number of $75 deposits we will produce a VF-XXX. If they don't get the deposits required they can simply refund them. If they do get the number they need they get to do a run of something that they wouldn't have.

Lots of games companies are using that model to take the risk out of producing a bunch of what doesn't sell.

Granted, and then you had Palladium's infamous kickstarter. lol

I guess a hole in that model would be that they can't sell directly to the US. So technically they couldn't take deposits from the US market. Even if they were to allow you to use a Tenso address HG and BW could probably kick a dust storm up. Maybe proxy would be less obvious and because it's being sold to a JP company a work around??? Who knows.

HLJ charged me for this earlier this morning;

https://www.hlj.com/1-60-scale-kanzen-henkei-vf-1j-armored-valkyrie-hikaru-ichijyo-type-reissue-aca82153

Had I been paying closer attention I'm not sure I would have kept the order. This definitely falls into the category of "don't care if I get this toy or not".

-b.

There's a Arcadia re-issue VF-1J with the GBP for grabs on Manda for 25k yen if anyone didn't get it originally (or skipped the Yammie version)

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1146869736&ref=list&keyword=マクロス&lang=en

Edit: Friggin' Jungle has the first version of the Arcadia GBP at 27.5k yen (Grade A) and been sitting there for awhile.  I wonder how are they going to handle the re-issue ones when they get some and then list the older version at a cheaper price or still jack up the price??   

Edited by borgified

2 hours ago, borgified said:

There's a Arcadia re-issue VF-1J with the GBP for grabs on Manda for 25k yen if anyone didn't get it originally (or skipped the Yammie version)

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1146869736&ref=list&keyword=マクロス&lang=en

Edit: Friggin' Jungle has the first version of the Arcadia GBP at 27.5k yen (Grade A) and been sitting there for awhile.  I wonder how are they going to handle the re-issue ones when they get some and then list the older version at a cheaper price or still jack up the price??   

You're better off ordering a new-release from Amazon Japan.

Still available, ¥22,500 before shipping (¥24,676 after to US).

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B086QVMXDP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mine was ¥22,325 shipped.

Edited by Sanity is Optional