Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

2 hours ago, HayateAltoHunter said:

Do we have any official confirmations on the Premium VF-0D that was pushed back?

There were some reports about it having a 4/30 release, but i believe that was retailer info (HLJ, NY). 

Anything from Arcadia?

From their website via Google Translate: 

689313254_PFVF-0Dannouncement.png.388d698fd4e4e8293113ad0ba21c8802.png

• 4 weeks later...

F'ing NY. Just recieved another extension email for the PF VF-0D. Now its June 30th. This is getting really annoying. 500 is t a small amount and now it's well past my ability to take it up with my CC Company. Only order I have left with them.

On 5/20/2020 at 7:51 PM, DYRL VF-1S said:

Last update from Arcadia was in March with no new date. (Indefinite.) Mr K tweeted something a week  or so ago saying to wait a little longer or something like that. It’s there in Arcadia.ac

I wish I’d known.  I just paid upgraded shipping to bypass ems bs.

5 hours ago, Alphahorizon said:

F'ing NY. Just recieved another extension email for the PF VF-0D. Now its June 30th. This is getting really annoying. 500 is t a small amount and now it's well past my ability to take it up with my CC Company. Only order I have left with them.

47 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I wish I’d known.  I just paid upgraded shipping to bypass ems bs.

Ugh. Sorry gang. That does suck. I was late to the PO party and given NYs track record I decided to actually pay $40 more and go with HLJ just to avoid the prepayment. HLJ is showing July 2020 btw. This collecting is not for the faint of heart haha. 

Here’s from the March announcement using Google Translate:

• Product name: 1/60 Perfect transformation VF-0D Phoenix Premium Finish 
    ・ Release schedule: [March 2020] → Undecided (Re-adjusting the factory and schedule) 

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

4 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I love how it’s NY’s fault that Arcadia has delayed the release in some people’s minds. 

Everything is NY's fault. Coronavirus, global warming, this broken tooth I have, etc, etc, etc.:D

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I love how it’s NY’s fault that Arcadia has delayed the release in some people’s minds. 

You're right. I cant blame NY on Arcadias shortcomings. And I think that if Arcadia is able to survive this  global "BS" that's proven the "experts" wrong at every turn to be nothing more then a common cold and means to instill fear into the world as a whole, I will be happy. 

But if they dont, and I am then given "store credit" , I'll come back to complain about them as a representative of the rest of "some people."

41 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

You're right. I cant blame NY on Arcadias shortcomings. And I think that if Arcadia is able to survive this  global "BS" that's proven the "experts" wrong at every turn to be nothing more then a common cold and means to instill fear into the world as a whole, I will be happy. 

But if they dont, and I am then given "store credit" , I'll come back to complain about them as a representative of the rest of "some people."

Ruh ro. Let’s not start talking about COVID here in those terms. I “hang “ here to avoid the politics, conspiracy theories, and opinions that run rampant on my Facebook from Facebook certified epidemiologists and experts in infectious disease. I just want to enjoy Macross and commiserate on our delayed purchases.

We can blame NY for asking for payments too soon back in DEC which was extremely suspicious. I have no doubt they were aware of the 0D delay when they sent out that payment request a week or two earlier than usual. The OD costs me over $600 CAD. Its way too much for NY to hold on for over 6 months. I'm extremely annoyed that this money has been tied up for so long with no product and no end in sight. I don't expect to see the OD before Sept. 

I won't ask for my money back since i know that's a fruitless endevour with NY. Yeah we can't blame them for covid but none of this would have been a issue if they asked for payment 2 weeks prior like they usually do. They got greedy and pulled a devious maneuver. It might have have the reverse affect that NY intended. I only have 2 pre-orders with them, the 0D and the strike parts (I was in the first batch or orders). For over 10 years I've always had a 10-20 items of pre-order with them. I'm done with them after i received these final two items.

2 hours ago, Sandman said:

We can blame NY for asking for payments too soon back in DEC which was extremely suspicious. I have no doubt they were aware of the 0D delay when they sent out that payment request a week or two earlier than usual. The OD costs me over $600 CAD. Its way too much for NY to hold on for over 6 months. I'm extremely annoyed that this money has been tied up for so long with no product and no end in sight. I don't expect to see the OD before Sept. 

I won't ask for my money back since i know that's a fruitless endevour with NY. Yeah we can't blame them for covid but none of this would have been a issue if they asked for payment 2 weeks prior like they usually do. They got greedy and pulled a devious maneuver. It might have have the reverse affect that NY intended. I only have 2 pre-orders with them, the 0D and the strike parts (I was in the first batch or orders). For over 10 years I've always had a 10-20 items of pre-order with them. I'm done with them after i received these final two items.

1 hour ago, Alphahorizon said:

My apologies all. I am in the same boat, as soon as the 0D is released and is received, I'll let my wallet speak. 

It’s frustrating as a collector right now on multiple levels. I really hope the 0D releases soon. Honestly, it’s @Slave IV’s fault I got into the Arcadia Zero line. I found a PF 0S for MSRP prices on AJ and jumped in (kept deciding against it when it went to PO but reviews pulled me back in.) Then I snagged Ivanov new with corrected leg and here we are...  waiting on the 0D HA.

Why don't we all burn @Slave IV on the stake a la Jean D'Arc for going into the Zero line? :lol:

Problem solved if you hadn't gone deeper into the rabbit hole. He just wants us to go in the red and declare bankruptcy.   

Might end up getting the re-release VF-1J with the GBP. My 2nd hand copy is yellowed in some spots and unsightly if you look it like with a fine tooth and comb.

Edited by borgified

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I look forward to less competition when preordering at NY!

There is no competition. Their new ticker system to access their site is flawed and ridiculous. It's impossible to time to get in when the put up the preorder listing.

Edited by Sandman

19 minutes ago, borgified said:

Why don't we all burn @Slave IV on the stake a la Jean D'Arc for going into the Zero line? :lol:

Problem solved if you hadn't gone deeper into the rabbit hole. He just wants us to go in the red and declare bankruptcy.   

Might end up getting the re-release VF-1J with the GBP. My 2nd hand copy is yellowed in some spots and unsightly if you look it like with a fine tooth and comb.

Was that the yamato release or the previous arcadia release that yellowed?

1 hour ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

It’s frustrating as a collector right now on multiple levels. I really hope the 0D releases soon. Honestly, it’s @Slave IV’s fault I got into the Arcadia Zero line. I found a PF 0S for MSRP prices on AJ and jumped in (kept deciding against it when it went to PO but reviews pulled me back in.) Then I snagged Ivanov new with corrected leg and here we are...  waiting on the 0D HA.

23 minutes ago, borgified said:

Haha, I’m sure there are no regrets by anyone who owns the Arcadia 0S right?:D

5 minutes ago, Sandman said:

There is no competition. Their new ticker system to access their site is flawed and ridiculous. It's impossible to time to get in when the put up the preorder listing.

It’s been working out great for me. They are the only shop that has actually improved their website based on troubles people have during preorder madness. I never experience a single glitch on NY, it’s either you get it or you don’t. HLJ and AmiAmi on the other hand...constant crashing and glitches where people have to try over and over again just to even attempt to check out. HLJ is practically useless at this point for preorder madness and AmiAmi is a pita and would be as bad as HLJ if they didn’t prepost everything. 

2 hours ago, Sandman said:

Was that the yamato release or the previous arcadia release that yellowed?

Yammie v.2. Tinted canopy and two busted shoulder joints upon further inspection, have the Shapeways replacement parts. 

Got it for 25k yen two years ago.

34 minutes ago, Ryoma said:

So wait, now arcadia is re-releasing both Max and Miria VF-1J???

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-033313

And we have no date for the release of the VF-0D yet? Is it me or Arcadia is just trying to cash in as much as possible? I really hope this is not a bad omen...

They're probably trying to generate some easy income. Putting the M&M's in for another run is a whole lot less work than a VF-0D PF first run.

So, basically you guys think that arcadia will use the release of max, miria and the GBP-1 in order to generate the necessary amount of cash flow to start the production of the VF-0D?? Damn, it's gonna be a long wait :(

6 minutes ago, Ryoma said:

So, basically you guys think that arcadia will use the release of max, miria and the GBP-1 in order to generate the necessary amount of cash flow to start the production of the VF-0D?? Damn, it's gonna be a long wait :(

One probably has nothing to do with the other.

I assumed that after the SV-51 leg issue we might see some "easy" releases to get them some capital. Not basing it on anything, just making the assumption that "small business" + "unexpected costs" + "other planned releases" = "need to generate some cashflow".

I'd be surprised if they did another Max / Milia run though. HLJ still has them in stock and puts them on sale regularly, so making more of them would just be adding to the pile that hasn't sold yet.

There was some speculation in the grey market thread that the KO company's recent talk of an Angel Bird and Mass Prod 1A could be ahead of Arcadia also announcing those (the KO company seemed to be sticking pretty close to what Arcadia had released recently, hence the speculation). It seems to me that if Arcadia needed cash flow, both of those would be good choices since there haven't been any reissues of the Angel Bird and only two releases of the Mass Prod 1A. The VF-1D would also be an easy seller for them I think. None of them require the SSP to be included, either, so production cost could be lower.