Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

17 minutes ago, borgified said:

@Sandman - Did you get this first release (from Collection DX's blog)?

https://www.collectiondx.com/news_item/122214/arcadia_160_scale_vf1j_armored_valkyrie

If so then that must explain why you didn't get the Grey Goggle version. 

Must of... but Jenius says there was no white visor release. Weird, i'm usually on top of these things.

Just now, Sandman said:

That is strange since it was bought new and not used.

Very strange, indeed.

Unless you're talking about just the Hikky-1J standalone or Fast-Pack edition.  Those did not come with gray-goggles.

Then again, those are old Yammies, too. 

Afaik, Arcadia has not released a standalone or even Fast-Pack Hikky-1J. 

They've only released the Armored Hikky-1J GPB set.

Just now, treatment said:

Very strange, indeed.

Unless you're talking about just the Hikky-1J standalone or Fast-Pack edition.  Those did not come with gray-goggles.

Then again, those are old Yammies, too. 

Afaik, Arcadia has not released a standalone or even Fast-Pack Hikky-1J. 

They've only released the Armored Hikky-1J GPB set.

Yeah that's the one i have (Arcadia first release). The box itself has the white googles on it. 
Thinking about it i remember being dissapointed because the vf-1j had a loose backpack hook right out of the box. I kind of wonder if i did get screwed.

1 minute ago, Sandman said:

Yeah that's the one i have (Arcadia first release). The box itself has the white googles on it. 
Thinking about it i remember being dissapointed because the vf-1j had a loose backpack hook right out of the box. I kind of wonder if i did get screwed.

Unfortunately, as Jenius mentioned, it is looking like you have gotten a swapped regular Hikky-1J in your Arcadia-box instead.

It'll be nice if Arcadia pivots a bit from traditional re-issue practices and sneaks in some new goodies like DYRL hands/fists as well their standard Option Parts with this upcoming Armored VF-1J, errr, reissue.

They'll prolly get to tease and encourage the current owners to re-buy the set again...

The only thing that is to be release this year is the re-issue of non-PF VF-1J with the GBP in August/September (hopefully barring delays)

If Arcadia can pull a rabbit out from the hat, it's either the VF-0 (which ones exactly, I can't tell) or the PF VF-4G. Everything is pushed back for next year.

2 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

It’s all about Nora for me. I’m about as excited for that as I am about a DX DYRL Roy or TV Kaki

Just now, Sanity is Optional said:

Same, I actually liked the Arcadia SV-51. Mine's got nice and tight joints everywhere except for the one wing joint near the body/shoulders that's supported in every mode.

I'm waiting for Nora's 51 and the Yammie version can stay in valk mode.

26 minutes ago, borgified said:

I'm waiting for Nora's 51 and the Yammie version can stay in valk mode.

I don't understand these controls...

controls.jpg.a4adedfbcb2ee5322c3e3c39cdc0c944.jpg

Which mode is "valk mode?"

4 minutes ago, Darotower said:

Great news for those who has missed the VF-1J & GBP-1S, I've already have three yammies

Three!  That is great news.  :p

47 minutes ago, tekering said:

I don't understand these controls...

controls.jpg.a4adedfbcb2ee5322c3e3c39cdc0c944.jpg

Which mode is "valk mode?"

You mean Bi-pedal, Gorilla and Fly?? :rofl:

Edit: Or Mass shifting into another gelatinous form like a protozoa/amoeba/paramecium?

Edited by borgified

8 minutes ago, borgified said:

You mean Bi-pedal, Gorilla and Fly?? :rofl:

Edit: Or Mass shifting into another gelatinous form like a protozoa/amoeba/paramecium?

Battroid Gerwalk Fighter. Not that you were serious or anything. 

1 hour ago, borgified said:

The only thing that is to be release this year is the re-issue of non-PF VF-1J with the GBP in August/September (hopefully barring delays)

If Arcadia can pull a rabbit out from the hat, it's either the VF-0 (which ones exactly, I can't tell) or the PF VF-4G. Everything is pushed back for next year.

Curious. I would be interested in your source.

My understanding is that the PF VF-0D is not cancelled and is only delayed until things start to ease up with the lock downs and shipping delays. I do not recall an instance where Arcadia has ever preempted an existing pre-order that is "coming soon" with a completely different pre-order scheduled at some later date, but these are interesting times. My thoughts are that if this drags on, then the schedule will continue to get pushed out and the pre-orders for the Flashback VF-4 and Nora's SV-51 may slip into 2021. That's a glass half full view, of course. We could see a complete SNAFU where many of these cool projects are silently taken off the table (like the Mass Pro VF-0A).

1 hour ago, Gabe Q said:

Battroid Gerwalk Fighter. Not that you were serious or anything. 

I knew what actually is referred to @Gabe Q. Just trying to pull a bit of laughter here. 

1 hour ago, technoblue said:

Curious. I would be interested in your source.

My understanding is that the PF VF-0D is not cancelled and is only delayed until things start to ease up with the lock downs and shipping delays. I do not recall an instance where Arcadia has ever preempted an existing pre-order that is "coming soon" with a completely different pre-order scheduled at some later date, but these are interesting times. My thoughts are that if this drags on, then the schedule will continue to get pushed out and the pre-orders for the Flashback VF-4 and Nora's SV-51 may slip into 2021. That's a glass half full view, of course. We could see a complete SNAFU where many of these cool projects are silently taken off the table (like the Mass Pro VF-0A).

Oops! I didn't factor in the PF VF-0d @technoblue as I didn't actually pay attention for the pre-orders for that one. My apologies for that one. 

I actually don't mind if a pre-order for Nora's 51 goes up in 2021 as I think that everyone here needs to recover their own personal funds after this Worldwide situation passes over (I'm actually starting to scrape up some funds for another 1/6th figure that is to be released sometime next year). 

25 minutes ago, jenius said:

I'd guess we have 0D PF in May, VF-1J + GBP in August, and FB 2012 toys in December, then March 2021 Nora and June 2021 Hargun. 

If it does go according to plan as per Arcadia's ETA, which is now delayed. 

6 hours ago, borgified said:

Oops! I didn't factor in the PF VF-0d @technoblue as I didn't actually pay attention for the pre-orders for that one. My apologies for that one. 

HaHa! No worries. ^_^ I thought you may have some insight to Arcadia shuffling things around this year, which would have been a first from them. As I noted above, we are living in interesting times and so much has been turned sideways. :help:

As for our own crystal ball predictions, I'm hoping @jenius ends up having the most accurate reading this time. It would be nice if the FB VF-4 is somehow able to fit into the 2020 schedule with only Nora pushed into 2021. I also hope Arcadia is still working on the VT-1 that was teased that one time. Where Nora is a maybe for me, the FB VF-4 and VT-1 reissue will be day one pre-orders. 

5 hours ago, nathans82 said:

I'm still praying for a reissue of the VF-19 Custom with Soundbooster.

They should reissue it. I would love it if they reissued the 19kai with that other sound pod Yamato teased a while ago.

Edited by jenius

I'm probably in the minority, but 19Kai is my least favorite valk in existence. I didn't like lips on Bayformers, I didn't like them on TMNT, and I don't like them on Valkyries.

I'll probably get a 19P if they re-do that one though.

Edited by Sanity is Optional