Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Lol, no kidding! I think it’s just another example of how small the Macross collecting community truly is. The same thing happens with most other non Hikaru/Roy or CF Valks. There just isn’t huge demand for this stuff but the people who want it will pay nearly anything to get it if they missed out. 

Man, I bought three VF-11C's all on sale.  Two of them I got for $120 each!  People are plunking down how much for them now?  $400?  $600?

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

Man, I bought three VF-11C's all on sale.  Two of them I got for $120 each!  People are plunking down how much for them now?  $400?  $600?

There's one unit for sale on Jungle (sealed) for 66k yen sans the 5% additional fee.  So that means $601.45 USD or $801.05 CND at the current rate on XE.

Like I said before, down payment on a mortgage or a deposit on an end house in Vancouver, B.C. 

10 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

I'm still regreting not buying the Angel Birds and VFX 1/60v2 back then.

10 hours ago, Mommar said:

All good examples of the typical Macross market. 

17 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Lol, no kidding! I think it’s just another example of how small the Macross collecting community truly is. The same thing happens with most other non Hikaru/Roy or CF Valks. There just isn’t huge demand for this stuff but the people who want it will pay nearly anything to get it if they missed out. 

6 hours ago, Slave IV said:

All good examples of the typical Macross market. 

Now imagine the market when a certain Robotech movie comes out! :p

Kidding, it not a done deal in any sense.
And no, am not rooting for it, only if kawamori-san gets his due and a piece of the pie.

6 hours ago, seti88 said:

Now imagine the market when a certain Robotech movie comes out! :p

Kidding, it not a done deal in any sense.
And no, am not rooting for it, only if kawamori-san gets his due and a piece of the pie.

While I’d love to be wrong I can’t imagine this to be anything but crap. 

Even if it turns out to be the next breakthrough blockbuster I don’t think it will do much for Macross sales. 

Just look at the recent success of MCU. The average consumer thinks Black Widow is an original staple of the Avengers and they have no idea who all the comic book figures are of until they show up in a movie. Then they just want to buy the MCU version of the character and talk about how cool it is when they probably  just glossed over the same character in comic form a few months ago. 

4 hours ago, Slave IV said:

While I’d love to be wrong I can’t imagine this to be anything but crap. 

Even if it turns out to be the next breakthrough blockbuster I don’t think it will do much for Macross sales. 

Just look at the recent success of MCU. The average consumer thinks Black Widow is an original staple of the Avengers and they have no idea who all the comic book figures are of until they show up in a movie. Then they just want to buy the MCU version of the character and talk about how cool it is when they probably  just glossed over the same character in comic form a few months ago. 

The general public has been spoon fed the MCU and eaten it up. Probably 1% read the comics . That number would be even less for an RT movie. Which, by the looks of things, will never happen . I think Bandai is quite comfortable stringing us along. Honestly, Arcadia seem more like fans and even though I'm not really into 1/60 anymore, If i was, they would be getting my money. Aside from some QC issues (who hasn't had any?) i think they make beautiful Valks.

On a side note, did anyone think Bandai was ever going to make a 1/48?

23 minutes ago, Bolt said:

The general public has been spoon fed the MCU and eaten it up. Probably 1% read the comics . That number would be even less for an RT movie. Which, by the looks of things, will never happen . I think Bandai is quite comfortable stringing us along. Honestly, Arcadia seem more like fans and even though I'm not really into 1/60 anymore, If i was, they would be getting my money. Aside from some QC issues (who hasn't had any?) i think they make beautiful Valks.

On a side note, did anyone think Bandai was ever going to make a 1/48?

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. No one is going to care about old Macross valks other than the people who already do.

I don't think anyone suspected 1/48 from bandai but most were hoping for that larger 1/35.

Edited by Slave IV

Probably helps that the movies are actually accessible to the general public. Trying to find one of the Marvel comic book runs that isn't dependent on knowledge of prior works isn't straightforward to someone who's not already into the comic book scene.

Comic books are not the easiest form of media to get into what with the decades of baggage.

I love superheroes but I mostly stopped reading comic books many years ago. Mainly because most of the stories were dumb and I hated the "See issue 227 of this series to find out WTF this character is talking about" shenanigans they used to always do. As a kid I did not have the money and transportation needed to just go out and buy an entire library at a whim.

And there's the decades of backstory and baggage Sanity mentioned.

Also, movie Iron Man is way more interesting than comic book Iron Man. Thanks RDJ! :p

:bigshok::vava::lol:

Haha, early Robotech and Macross anime might be slightly more accessible than the comic backlog world but again the point is that some of your attitudes towards comic book characters is probably more comparable to the general public's view towards 2nd tier and more obscure Macross Valks. Meaning most people don't give a crap about it and probably won't buy them no matter what movie comes out.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Rabidweezil said:

Dear Arcadia, please release a DYRL type GBP Armored VF-1J set complete with yellow tipped missiles and DYRL style hands. Thank you :D

image.png.4c76aebad2d9b4611cbfb29a7c68855c.png

That's going to quite a long wait honestly.

The DX GBP Armour Parts will be up for pre-order eventually, and there's no way that Arcadia will step in and made the Ultimate PF VF-1J with the GBP set. 

Arcadia has more projects to finish off before even making a step to re-issue the VF-1J and GBP set again (in PF version hopefully)

Arcadia still has the VF-0, VF-4 and the SV-51 Nora to do. Plus their screw up with the 51 Ivanoff will really back set their plans.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, sqidd said:

Is this a re-issue? Sand grey goggles?

It's a mistake.... the same mistake Arcadia made last time they reissued the GBP. For whatever reason, they have stock photos of a regular VF-1J in a GBP that they use but they confirmed during production last time that the gray goggle would be there and I'm sure it will be again this time. 

1 minute ago, jenius said:

It's a mistake.... the same mistake Arcadia made last time they reissued the GBP. For whatever reason, they have stock photos of a regular VF-1J in a GBP that they use but they confirmed during production last time that the gray goggle would be there and I'm sure it will be again this time. 

Roger that. I was confused why they would be releasing a non grey goggle version. It didn't make any sense to me. Thanks

I have the grey google version Arcadia. Where is my PF TV SDF-1!

59 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

Didn't expect this one bit:

I want this but I can't , tough times ahead:( 

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail?gcode=FIGURE-058080

image.png.4c7bcb9b1bed61246e9fc8f6a3d7e19f.png

It’s not a PE? I for sure would have though this was the next release to recieve this special treatment and the the VT-1 would follow shortly there after.

Easy pass.

Hmmm....why is arcadia releasing this at this time....all it would take is a one shot announcement of a GBP  DX from bandai to sink this....

Or maybe they are banking on the price of a valk+GBP armor set giving the bandai DX GBP set a run for the money..

6 minutes ago, jenius said:

I wish this was a PF...

5 minutes ago, apptt4 said:

same! really want this but not sure if i should wait for potential PF

I still have the Yammie V.2 version (Rainbow Canopy) and the busted two shoulder joints with the Shapeways replacement parts not installed.  

Which interns reminds me of this posted in June 11/2018 by Geekz (see pic below). So Arcadia has took more than two years to re-issue this!

What's with HLJ's pricing at $22,610 USD?? That's majorly F****ed up pricing!! (I know it's a glitch)

RyrsWnm.png