Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

33 minutes ago, treatment said:

Arcadia never did any 1/48.

Sorry, I had no idea that the 1/48s died with the Yamato name....I'm really out of the loop.

Edited by peter

On 9/23/2019 at 3:19 PM, Chronocidal said:

I actually do wonder whether Bandai would bother with the VT-1, since judging by the HMR sales, I don't think it's exactly a hot seller.

Which popular valkyrie is my favorite in Macross?

vt1_macross_fighter_mode.png.1cdbde2de992a99d373e62a116002c9b.png

If you guessed the VT-1 Super Ostrich, then you're incorrect! 

It was never popular. :p

1 minute ago, Lolicon said:

Which popular valkyrie is my favorite in Macross?

vt1_macross_fighter_mode.png.1cdbde2de992a99d373e62a116002c9b.png

If you guessed the VT-1 Super Ostrich, then you're incorrect! 

It was never popular. :p

I love the VT-1 Super Ostrich. It is orange, my favorite color!  (royal blue is second, pink in third)

I also love its head, and the... antenna? refueling nozzle? ...that sticks out of the VT-1's right boob.

The Ostrich and the Elintseeker are both rare and interesting models of the VF-1, although my preference is for the latter, of which I own two from this last batch that Arcadia released. I have no interest in valks in other scales, as 1/60 is a good size for display shelves, while allowing for quite a bit of detail and features to be incorporated. All my Yammie 1/48 VF-1s, beautiful toys though they are, rest peacefully in their boxes. As the majority of my Macross collection is 1/60, that's the scale I have on display, and it works well.

The VF-1 has been done to death; I'd like to see them do a few valks that haven't been done before, especially the VF-14, the VF-3000, the VF-9, or the Variable Glaug:wub:.  Any of these (and more) would be welcome additions to many a collector's case, I'm sure. Given their rarity in any kind of toy form, I think any of them would be a profitable investment for Arcadia.

I know it’s a snowball’s chance in hell, but I’d still like for Arcadia to go for broke and release a: 

TV.

Style.

SDF-1.

Transformable, 1/3000 scale or bigger, somewhat reasonably priced :unsure:

That is all.

I feel like the farther on we get, the less likely any of those things are, sadly.  The Sv-51 took roughly two and a half years from announcement to release.. they've got a few repaints of older things to release, but that's a long time to stretch three or four repaints, especially if they're things like the VT-1 that weren't even that popular to begin with, and even moreso after the stock recall mess they're digging themselves out of right now.

Edited by Chronocidal

On 9/23/2019 at 4:19 PM, Chronocidal said:

I actually do wonder whether Bandai would bother with the VT-1, since judging by the HMR sales, I don't think it's exactly a hot seller.

But, it's pretty much sold out most places.  I mean it didn't sell out in minutes or days like some other items, but honestly that should be the exception and not the norm.

I think it also depends on which licenses they actually have? I don’t recall it ever really being said, but we all assume they’ve got all of Macross, Zero and Plus since that’s what Yamato had. Whether they have the molds or CAD files for new versions is another question entirely. 

wouldn’t mind seeing a reissue of the queadlunn rau suits, or 1/60 destroids, but they’re not exactly pumping out the releases so anything short of a of repaint seems unlikely now. 

2 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Wasn't the only Yamato release of the VT-1 one of the ones with the shoulder issues?

Yes, a tragedy.

I think Macross has moved away from exclusive licenses. Arcadia now asks to make a toy, BigWest asks Bandai if they're okay with that, and if Bandai says "sure" they get to make it. :D

22 hours ago, sharky said:

But, it's pretty much sold out most places.  I mean it didn't sell out in minutes or days like some other items, but honestly that should be the exception and not the norm.

I'm thinking in terms of the HMR VT-1.  I can't say they exactly hit the fire sale bin, but I remember them popping up on clearance sales at various sites, and they really weren't that hard to order to begin with.  The Yamato VT-1 was the same way, and I got it on clearance at HLJ.  Whether the faulty shoulders were to blame is really impossible to tell though, because of the unique situation the VT-1 is in.  In my case, I just flat didn't care about the arms to begin with, because they were never even used on screen.

The VT-1 is one of those oddball one-off designs that seems to have a very small and dedicated fanbase.  It's absolutely an iconic design, but I feel like the a large portion of the demand for it is not for the design itself, but for the perceived rarity of it.  I don't know if this is true, and I don't have production numbers to back it up, but it seems to me that the rarity of the old Chunky 1/55 version was not due to demand, but lack of demand.  People just didn't buy them, so the number available on the open market was miniscule, and the secondary collector market drove the prices up after production ended.

23 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm thinking in terms of the HMR VT-1.  I can't say they exactly hit the fire sale bin, but I remember them popping up on clearance sales at various sites, and they really weren't that hard to order to begin with.  The Yamato VT-1 was the same way, and I got it on clearance at HLJ.  Whether the faulty shoulders were to blame is really impossible to tell though, because of the unique situation the VT-1 is in.  In my case, I just flat didn't care about the arms to begin with, because they were never even used on screen.

The VT-1 is one of those oddball one-off designs that seems to have a very small and dedicated fanbase.  It's absolutely an iconic design, but I feel like the a large portion of the demand for it is not for the design itself, but for the perceived rarity of it.  I don't know if this is true, and I don't have production numbers to back it up, but it seems to me that the rarity of the old Chunky 1/55 version was not due to demand, but lack of demand.  People just didn't buy them, so the number available on the open market was miniscule, and the secondary collector market drove the prices up after production ended.

I'm one of those collectors that doesn't care about "getting the whole line". I get some for nostalgia. But most I get because I think they look cool. The VT-1 has never been on my radar. Just my personal perspective. 

1 hour ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

So I guess I'm part of that dedicated fanbase because the VT-1 is one of my favorites. ;)

Same here. I really enjoy all of the VF-1 variants.

As an aside did we ever get a PO/Release date for the flashback PF VF-4?

36 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Same here. I really enjoy all of the VF-1 variants.

As an aside did we ever get a PO/Release date for the flashback PF VF-4?

To be released sometime in Spring of 2020. @abbadon made the post a few pages back. 

This is the PF version and double the price of the Yammie/Arcadia non-PF version. 

14 minutes ago, borgified said:

To be released sometime in Spring of 2020. @abbadon made the post a few pages back. 

This is the PF version and double the price of the Yammie/Arcadia non-PF version. 

I’m unaware of any price having been posted for the VF-4 yet but I guarantee it’s not going to be $500-$600.

Edited by Mommar

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/23/2019 at 3:54 PM, borgified said:

I'm actually stuck as to which PF Arcadia VT valk to purchase... VT-1 or the VF-1D (I have both in HMR for now). :unsure:

Which ever comes first!

• 1 month later...