Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I think there's quite a few people hoping for a VT-1, given that the only Yamato release had shoulder issues.

Personally I'm hoping they do a YF-21, though I think it's more likely that we'll get one from Bandai at this point. 

I'm with you on the YF-21. That or a VF-11B would be ideal. They haven't done a pf YF-19 yet? I'm very familiar with the yamato YF-21 and VF-11B. Great toys in their own right, but really need to be stickered to get best from them. Bandai would have that covered (forgive the pun) for a lot less than Arcadia's attempts. 

3 minutes ago, jenius said:

A PF Shin VF-0A seems likely. Very curious what the next new mold will be... Ghost booster seems easy if they stick with Zero.

I had the first version, but now that I own the VF-0S pf, Shin's 0A pf will be an easy pass for me. I'm hoping to see Nora's 51 sometime soon. Speaking of ghosts, I hope bandai or Arcadia concider the X-9 ghost to add to the Mac plus ranks. 

3 hours ago, TrickyCustomer said:

I'm with you on the YF-21. That or a VF-11B would be ideal. They haven't done a pf YF-19 yet? I'm very familiar with the yamato YF-21 and VF-11B. Great toys in their own right, but really need to be stickered to get best from them. Bandai would have that covered (forgive the pun) for a lot less than Arcadia's attempts. 

Oh man, I'm so in for a YF-21 and/or a VF-11!

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, valhary said:

With this pic it seems that next release will be the VT-1 super ostrich

EE5ZQPbVAAEZg_v.jpg

leg.jpg

That would be great. Would love to get my hands on a PF VT-1.

Hopefully MSRP will be closer to the VE-1 than the Mac zero birds. 

13 minutes ago, borgified said:

Now the question is: Is it going to be a plain Jane VT-1 or PF VT-1? 

My guess is the PF version (a la PF VE-1) will be done. I can be wrong in that assumption.

It seems like the PF VE-1 sold well through regular retailers so my expectation would be a PF VT-1 also sold through regular retailers.

44 minutes ago, valhary said:

If I remember right Arcadia has been alternated between Macross Zero and DYRL so my prediction will be the after the VF-0D PF come the VT-1 so next could be the SV Nora version or the VF-4 flashback 2012

The PF VF-4 is to be issued in the Spring of 2020 and the PF VF-0 is later this year. So I'm guessing the PF VT-1 and then the regular version of Nora's 51 (hopefully Arcadia fixes the issue with the switched ankle assemblies on Ivanoff).

Like I said in the Arcadia 51 thread (or was it in another forum): 40k yen is still a chunk of change for Ivanoff's 51 or the VF-0d for that matter.

2 hours ago, DewPoint said:

How many hours does it save you detailing up a PF version compared to a "standard" release?

Movie accuracy aside, as a trainer, wouldn't the correct color be the classic "safety orange"?  :db:

Saves a fair bit of time, since decaling is probably the most time-intensive part. Though maybe not as much as I hope, since I tend to add additional markings even to PF releases. :wacko:

I just hope they skip the regular release, and go straight to PF like with the VE-1 (and at the same price point).  I've been wanting a second VT-1 for years, and a PF version will definitely pop in a display.

Of course, then we just wait for Bandai to release the 1/48 version, which I hope they actually get around to.  

3 minutes ago, jenius said:

Bandai is so going to do the 1D, and then VT-1 and VE-1 to get all the heads out... At least, that's what I'm hoping.

I can hear the money draining from my wallet :D

I wonder if these will be popular enough to sell out on PO night. I’ve only been collecting for a couple years so I don’t know what it was like during the original Yamato releases. 

The Arcadia variants have been easy enough to secure so hopefully it won’t be too bad. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods

Before Yamato died they said they were done with 1/48. I recall them saying that they would not do a "renewal" version in that scale because it would be cost prohibitive. Of course, what people are willing to pay has gone up a lot since then so maybe Arcadia would consider a 1/35... :D