Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

3 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

It an interpretation. and companies can choose what they want and don't want to follow. 

clearly you're not going to tell me you didn't see Arcadia's and Bandai's  Max and Miria colors on the Supers?

Okay, that's fair point.  I don't know what Arcadia was thinking there...  <_<

VF-1J Miria PF 06.jpg

They really should've followed Bandai's lead for their "Premium Finish" releases.

maxresdefault.jpg

Bandai's colors were much more accurate.

544135440_miriassupers.jpg.83f92f623fd1bcdfe8af57f7514ea8c0.jpg

5 hours ago, abbadon said:

VF-4 Flashback 2012

Mrk_arcadia_2019-Jul-28 1.jpg

I’m SUPER IN for this. And super hype too! :yahoo: :wub: 

I guess that’s the ‘decomasu’ item that they’re referring for the WonderFest Summer 2019.

Though I just don’t like that they copied Bandai’s color scheme on its internals. Can’t blame them I guess. Bandai copied them first. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

So who here thinks Bandai and Arcadia are coordinating their releases so as not to compete directly with each other? Shortly after the HMR M&M release Arcadia reissues the 1/60 M&M in regular and PF. Now just a few months after the HMR VF-4 comes out we get a 1/60 VF-4 in FB2012 livery, something many of us have wanted for years. 

It's probably just coincidence, but the timing sure is convenient. :D

Strike while the iron is hot. ;) 

2 hours ago, abbadon said:

Thank God, it's 2020. :angel:

Edited by no3Ljm

I'm in!  Been waiting for this release for quite a while.  I do wonder how much T-REX makes, they seem to be the go-to designers for at least Macross toys.  Their MOSPEADA designs seem to be doing well and their Legioss looks promising.

Man it would be great if the actual 0D release looks like the display. I thk the odds of the release looking weathered and panel lined like the display, is next to nil, seeing as how the other PF’s are just extra tampoed. 

Why is Arcadia showing this weathered version again begs the question...

You never know of course...

2 hours ago, seti88 said:

Man it would be great if the actual 0D release looks like the display. I thk the odds of the release looking weathered and panel lined like the display, is next to nil, seeing as how the other PF’s are just extra tampoed. 

Why is Arcadia showing this weathered version again begs the question...

You never know of course...

LOL...thinking the exact same thing....afterall, this isn't the first rodeo for some of us ;)

https://suprememecha.blogspot.com/2014/11/arcadia-160-vf-0d-phoenix.html

z40.jpg

Edited by jvmacross

5 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I see Gerwalk.

That A stance though. Preorder cancelled.:p

Edit: I wonder if Arcadia had a no photos area and what was in there?

Edited by wmkjr

Rewatching @jenius' review on the non-PE VF-4G and the MRSP of that version was 27k yen back in 2014 (even the Yammie version had discount of 5% before the final pricing if you pre-ordered before hand). 

Anyone want to guesstimate on the pricing on the PF version??  

1 hour ago, borgified said:

Rewatching @jenius' review on the non-PE VF-4G and the MRSP of that version was 27k yen back in 2014 (even the Yammie version had discount of 5% before the final pricing if you pre-ordered before hand). 

Anyone want to guesstimate on the pricing on the PF version??  

giphy.gif

^_^

Kidding aside, with their current PF pricing I would guesstimate somewhere around Y35000+/-.

Edited by no3Ljm

Wow, that actually looks like the right colors:

201907280435511.jpg

If it ACTUALLY comes like this, and that don't completely change the colors between "sample and production" like they did with the original 0D, I'll buy it.  (man will next year be expensive, a 2012 VF-4 and a premium 0D----good thing I haven't bought any valks since Mirage's)

I'd be down for two of these, if the production version looks close to that. Thus the remaining purchase plans for new releases/preorders for the remainder of the year:

1)Ivanov

2)1-2 x VF-0D

3)Whatever the next DX 1/48 VF-1 is (as I assume the next one will be put up for preorder by the end of the year).

9 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

Wow, that actually looks like the right colors:

201907280435511.jpg

If it ACTUALLY comes like this, and that don't completely change the colors between "sample and production" like they did with the original 0D, I'll buy it.  (man will next year be expensive, a 2012 VF-4 and a premium 0D----good thing I haven't bought any valks since Mirage's)

I have more or less, lowered my expectation the 0D would come out like the displayed unit.

Oh well, as GWB once said...fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, you cant get fooled again!

Oh, not weathered per se, but was referring to their initial VF-0D release, with the saturated blue release vs the grey blue promotional pics.

On the weathered front, am totally not expecting a weathered/panel-lined release.
There was nothing mentioned by arcadia or any press, during wonderfest, on anything remotely like weathered/panel-lined, which definitely would be a plus point to highlight.

Edited by seti88

On 7/28/2019 at 2:58 AM, tekering said:

Okay, that's fair point.  I don't know what Arcadia was thinking there...  <_<

VF-1J Miria PF 06.jpg

They really should've followed Bandai's lead for their "Premium Finish" releases.

maxresdefault.jpg

Bandai's colors were much more accurate.

544135440_miriassupers.jpg.83f92f623fd1bcdfe8af57f7514ea8c0.jpg

my man! you were so on point with this post.  the hi metal leg super design followed this scene while arcadia's followed another scene as well as the color scheme for the boosters 

you got my respect to post this after i posted,

btw, i was just joking about Captain Obvious, don't take my sarcasm seriously. 

i respect Jenius' reviews but he at times makes unintelligent comments so i will answer in kind with a dumb answer, most people who always kiss his butt will blindly follow and try to jump in. but it'll go back and forth between us.  been like this for years, i mostly ignore it. but once in a while it'll happen from time to time.  

to comment why i originally was disappointed the head was the same. one of our long time members @anime52k8 4g  had a head that was  damaged in the face chin area and i think there may have been another with the same problem. 

and i commented they could have improved on the head design.   

On 7/28/2019 at 5:39 AM, Kurisama said:

Mmmmmmmdjessss... yes!!

Maybe I'll sell me some more VF-4 head units so I can finally eat and buy some petrol.

yes! liked your head design as an alternative! please show it off as there's many new members on MW now.

41 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

to comment why i originally was disappointed the head was the same. one of our long time members @anime52k8 4g  had a head that was  damaged in the face chin area and i think there may have been another with the same problem.

I legitimately don't remember this. I'm gonna have to go check my VF-4 now. :unsure:

47 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

yes! liked your head design as an alternative! please show it off as there's many new members on MW now.

Thank you! I'll have to dig up the render, or I could just post the shapeways sites - I did end up making more variations when the master file book came out.

Here is the page where you can see all the alternate designs; https://www.shapeways.com/shops/RPG?section=Macross+VF%2FYF+Upgrades&s=0

image.png.d0f9f2336928aaac67d8d4f3578afd74.png

They print good and i test fitted them all successfully - they also come with 2 new face plates now; 710x528_16571265_9689357_1541113359.jpg

And the old original desing; https://www.shapeways.com/product/6NVH992MQ/vf-4c-g-k-old-custom-head-unit?optionId=41029965

If there is enough interest, I can go nack into the files and tweak them so they print as one piece or as few as possible to bring the price down marginally - alternatively, I could take orders to do a small run on a Form2 resin printer I have access to.

My Shapeways site is largely abandoned these days.

Just now, Sildani said:

If you did a set of the VF-4’s Super Parts I bet they’d sell!

yes they would.