Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

Regarding the 11B, I hope that if Arcadia or Bandai makes a new version, that they make the vertical stabilizers fold in half (similar to the newer YF-19's) for storage inside the leg.  Yes, it would be a little unsightly to have the big joint line, but we would get nice big stabilizers in fighter mode, which is the main aesthetic drawback of the Yamato VF-11 IMO.  Or possibly even include both the smaller regular/flat ones and a larger foldable ones.

1 hour ago, treatment said:

Yeah.

No idea why an M7-license is required for an Isamu valk...  

:blink::unknw:

I think the answer is that the 11 is only feasible if you can make two paint schemes or more for it as it's not as popular as the 19 or 21.

Oh hell yeah! I must have it! 

Please make the VF-4 in PF format! 

So who here thinks Bandai and Arcadia are coordinating their releases so as not to compete directly with each other? Shortly after the HMR M&M release Arcadia reissues the 1/60 M&M in regular and PF. Now just a few months after the HMR VF-4 comes out we get a 1/60 VF-4 in FB2012 livery, something many of us have wanted for years. 

It's probably just coincidence, but the timing sure is convenient. :D

Just now, Lolicon said:

So who here thinks Bandai and Arcadia are coordinating their releases so as not to compete directly with each other? Shortly after the HMR M&M release Arcadia reissues the 1/60 M&M in regular and PF. Now just a few months after the HMR VF-4 comes out we get a 1/60 VF-4 in FB2012 livery, something many of us have wanted for years. 

Either that or Arcadia is seeing what sells well for Bandai, and then trying to cash in on the hype.

7 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I've actually been saying this for a few years.  They aren't competing; they are cooperating.  People saying that we "need" to support Arcadia because they compete with Bandai don't seem to see this.

I'm not saying we shouldn't buy Arcadia stuff, but I don't think they are really competing with each other.  In fact, I'm pretty sure they talk, at least informally, about their release plans.

20 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

why did they copy Bandai crappy color

Bandai set the precedent, having produced the first transformable VF-4A model.  Those are the established colors now, superseding whatever RPG or fan-art depicted before.

Like jenius said, it never transformed.  Beyond what was depicted onscreen in Flashback 2012, nothing was canon until the Hi-Metal R.

2 minutes ago, abbadon said:

pf = Premium Finish confirmed?

Despite appearances, yes.

2 minutes ago, tekering said:

Bandai set the precedent, having produced the first transformable VF-4A model.  Those are the established colors now, superseding whatever RPG or fan-art depicted before.

Like jenius said, it never transformed.  Beyond what was depicted onscreen in Flashback 2012, nothing was canon until the Hi-Metal R.

are you Captain Obvious too?  

that wasn't the quote. read before answering please. 

and no. it's not the established colors. It an interpretation. and companies can choose what they want and don't want to follow. 

clearly you're not going to tell me you didn't see Arcadia's and Bandai's  Max and Miria colors on the Supers?   

My guess on matters of color is that the licensees request official information from BigWest. BW probably sends them some colored art. There's nothing that says they can't deviate from the colored art but if you're a licensee and you want to get the rubber stamp approval, it's probably the path of least resistance to just emulate it as close as you can. If you're Bandai you can probably do whatever you want without questions asked. If you're Arcadia, you can probably do whatever you want but you're more likely to get some phone calls about it. 

I still don't understand why anyone would be upset about the head. Does it look like it has the fin head in FB 2012?