Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

That must suck. NY almost always has cheaper shipping options compared with HLJ for me. I usually pay less for things shipped from NY than HLJ's listed price without shipping. Add to that the complete mess HLJ's site has become since they "upgraded" it, the only thing they're good for is sale items and coupons or I wouldn't shop there at all anymore. Too bad since they used to be a top goto shop for me.

Honestly, sometimes even their Registered SAL is enough of an upcharge to null out the lower prices.

I mainly just stay away and consider the extra cost from HLJ or CDJ to be insurance, since NY's customer service is notoriously terrible when something goes wrong with shipping, or the item's defective.

I consider the lower cost of dealing with NY a type of self insurance...I save enough by buying from them that I could cover any possible mishaps. All good, it's better to have more options than not. Some things as we all know, I'll take from any store that can get me it but that isn't a huge issue with Arcadia products. HLJ hooked me up with my PF Max that I used a coupon for so I'm hapy about that!

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I didn't bought any of their previous PF's and I'm not going to just because I like that shade of blue on the VF-0D. I'm just saddened to see that they're really going on the old blue color which we didn't get. And coated or not, that blue is totally different from the non-PF version. :cray: 

Proof is when they release i suppose. Would be more than annoying, if was a 2nd round of blue grey prototype but dark blue release again...
Fortunately there isn't any pre-order madness for arcadia..

The tease of this version seems more than a regular PF? The other PF's weren't weathered i think
Bracing for the sticker shock, they would probably show it next week in time for WFest summer...

8 hours ago, seti88 said:

The tease of this version seems more than a regular PF? The other PF's weren't weathered i think
Bracing for the sticker shock, they would probably show it next week in time for WFest summer...

Yeah. I think the amount of printing detail that Bandai is including out of the box on their DX releases is creating some good competition in this space. It could be causing Arcadia to up their game, so to speak. I know there are those who aren't into it, and are even cheesed off by it, by I don't mind this move to PF+ at all. I'll be in on the 0D as long as the price isn't too crazy.

With luck, the store coupons I've been hoarding will be able to lessen the wallet fatality on this. :ph34r:

In any case, I also hope we get details for the pre-order during Arcadia's big Wonderfest reveal. 

Edited by technoblue

Hehe you just coined PF+...will see if you are correct when the reveal comes if it indeed is another level of finish. 
If its true that bandai is making them lessen the pricing, this would be a nice release to start on. 

Nevertheless, am bracing for a 40k yen plus sticker shock on this babe...

7 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

They already announced the price when they showed the prototype with all the weathering at WonFest.

¥39,800

Another money saved for me. :rolleyes:

Knowing that my regular VF-0D is not going to worth as same as PF down the line, I rather continue and make my own PF treatment. Or... I could just bug @Lolicon. Hahaha! :lol: 

Edited by no3Ljm

7 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

They already announced the price when they showed the prototype with all the weathering at WonFest.

¥39,800

They did? Wonderfest summer is next sunday...unless you are talking abt the shanghai one...any links?

Oh yeah recall seeing that at earlier in the year...but i was under the impression that it wasnt weathered... 
Because due to Mr K's recent twitter pic, i think it showed a hint of weathering. 

Also the prototype shown earlier in the year seemed to be like the initial prototype seen years ago...

Hmm...probably wait till next week to find out...

thanks for that reminder, almost forgot abt it!

Edited by seti88

HaHa! I forgot about that too. Anyway, I'm okay with that price if it is locked in.

I have one coupon that I know will help some if the official pre-order goes live in the next couple of months. And if I stop being lazy with my for sale pile, and get my items posted, then that will help too.

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

¥39,800

Oh gosh I forgot they listed a price. Dang so many monies, I can only get one of these and banish it to my closet never to be opened :lol:

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Don't know if I care enough to grab one of these, because it's going to be a heavy mismatch for any of the other non-weathered versions.  Honestly wish they'd just issue a normal PF in the right color, instead of a weathered one.  <_< 

I agree and it's why I'm not getting PF's releases. Like I said before I already spent a lot of money on buying the Valks that I want years prior of PF releases for me to re-buy the whole thing again in PF version. Hoping that I could also just sell the old ones that I have easily and fast if I were going to sell it 2/3 of its price or a half if I just really want to recuperate from it. I'm at the point that I'm just going to support Arcadia to any Valks that they're going to produce that I want and badly need and that I don't have it yet. 

I'm looking forward to having a nicely lined & weather 0D with aligned intake markings:rolleyes:

Might sell my old 0D or maybe use it as a battroid-only display piece after I get the PF.

Now I'm almost wishing I had taken the time to do some panel shading on my PF 0S so it'll not look so mismatched with the 0D. But man I really like how it looks all clean and shiny. 

I do have my original panel shaded 0S but it's an earlier piece and honestly I've become dissatisfied with the way it turned out. :mellow:

Old & new:

IMG_20190719_183322.thumb.jpg.2dee73ed342f9ae077670b685ea94859.jpg

Edited by Lolicon

On 7/19/2019 at 4:20 PM, Lolicon said:

I'm looking forward to having a nicely lined & weather 0D with aligned intake markings:rolleyes:

Might sell my old 0D or maybe use it as a battroid-only display piece after I get the PF.

Now I'm almost wishing I had taken the time to do some panel shading on my PF 0S so it'll not look so mismatched with the 0D. But man I really like how it looks all clean and shiny. 

I do have my original panel shaded 0S but it's an earlier piece and honestly I've become dissatisfied with the way it turned out. :mellow:

Old & new:

IMG_20190719_183322.thumb.jpg.2dee73ed342f9ae077670b685ea94859.jpg

I can't even do as good as for first version.

But your second version looks better. Your DX 1J result is the best.

1 hour ago, kkx said:

I can't even do as good as for first version.

But your second version looks better. Your DX 1J result is the best.

Haha thanks. Well, after the 0D comes out, maybe I'll go back and touch up the 0S so it looks more in line with the PF 0D.

2 minutes ago, borgified said:

Are you that serious to fork out possibly close to possibly 40k+ yen for a PF VF-11 @treatment

That's a hefty amount of change right there. The problem is who has the M7 license right now to make the 11 valks?  

I'd do it. Then again, I paid almost $400 each for a VF-11B and 11C.

Would anyone pay for exclusive rights for a Macross 7 license?  I always like to believe that Big West will license to multiple manufacturers if there is enough interest.  Either way, we haven't seen much Macross 7 anything lately.