Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

I was just dusting my collection and snapped a pic of one of my 11C’s.  Such a great looking Valk and could really use a retool with modern joints/engineering.  Too bad the likelihood is zero, especially with the latest news of Tatsunoko and HG.  Western fans seem more likely to buy the 11 than Japanese fans.

504AD33C-6A29-4A39-B03B-3C2F6529D2E0.thumb.jpeg.cd69559981b31e7b2e573acb99637048.jpeg

So that interns that if one Arcadia stand can hold a WHAM/small light weight version of the SDF-1, then maybe two (correction three at most) would hold the Yamacadia version if balanced correctly? :unknw: 

Edited by borgified

1 hour ago, borgified said:

So that interns that if one Arcadia stand can hold a WHAM/small light weight version of the SDF-1, then maybe two (correction three at most) would hold the Yamacadia version if balanced correctly? :unknw: 

It might. But I'm not going to risk putting two YamArcadia SDF-1 in one Arcadia Stand especially if you won't be able to use the actual stand bracket that comes with the SDF-1.

16 hours ago, borgified said:

That is the Arcadia one.

The upper and lower hinges on the main arm are ratcheted.  The decorative "clamping" arms are not.

I think I'm done with Amazon.co.jp and DHL.  My Arcadia Elintseeker and Variable Stands both arrived in crushed boxes.  Amazon.co.jp boxes are thin and it appears that they treat the boxes no better then the US Post Office.

My Variable Stands boxes were safe, my Elintseeker box had some damage to it.  I'll use them if I have to, but they will not be my first choice. 

Also, check for the following:1757790208_ArcadiaStand.JPG.81cf536c1b35a38d8b7e4677696ceecb.JPG

One of my two stands has this issue.  Its minor so I think I'll keep it.  I'll just need to swap it to the rear side. 

36 minutes ago, DewPoint said:

The upper and lower hinges on the main arm are ratcheted.  The decorative "clamping" arms are not.

I think I'm done with Amazon.co.jp and DHL.  My Arcadia Elintseeker and Variable Stands both arrived in crushed boxes.  Amazon.co.jp boxes are thin and it appears that they treat the boxes no better then the US Post Office.

Thank you for the info @DewPoint .  Sorry to hear about the boxes.

Opened the stand and VE-1 together and will post thoughts here (@Saburo)

Macross_Arcadia_VE-1_Stand.jpg.704a1e5930183aaff047c2e6ab78cedc.jpgMacross_Arcadia_VE-1_Stand_3.jpg.291a72bbc94b80fd47eee7a18541e728.jpgMacross_Arcadia_VE-1_Stand_5.jpg.d18396920f9343d348f7152dcd23b7f7.jpgMacross_Arcadia_Stand.jpg.82303570b0a2f2b43607f5af4a32a587.jpgMacross_Arcadia_VE-1_Stand_4.jpg.ac6082301a2305991b9b7ad31e2b341d.jpg

So, the heft was from the metal weights that are installed and shown in the bottom. Really nice touch to make everything feel solid. Fit and finish of the stand and Valk are both superb. I didn't have the issue of backwards parts mentioned earlier on either of mine. I love the ample storage space that can hold all the extra parts that came with the valk (not sure if there is enough room for a whole missile set but it should be close). Ratcheted joints all around make it very secure for any pose and several options to set up the arm and base. The only thing I would ask for is a bit more articulation in the arm so you can lower the angle and keep the valk level at the same time but overall, it really is enough. I'm definitely good with just the two I got because I am only planning on using them to hold Valks in fighter mode like in the movie and it would be boring to have too many displayed like that. Whatever the case, great buy and well worth it for the look but Yetistands are still overall the king.

The Valk is simply stunning. This is the first PF Valk I've opened and it really is the way they should all come. I don't mind not having PF but why not? The extra detail is definitely best suited for fighter mode, imo. I still get extreme satisfaction and joy with every Arcadia Valk I open as there is something about their feel that just suits these toys so perfectly.

6 minutes ago, jenius said:

I was surprised by how much bigger the base is over the Yamato stand, it had a nice footprint.

Yeah, it's pretty satisfying. The footprint can be even bigger if you add the extra support feet. I was thinking these were pretty expensive but having them in hand make me feel it was money well spent.

wow, premium finish VF-0D....wonder how many thousands that will go for?  I would really like this, but dont want to have to sell my car, kidneys and my firstborn son to pay for it....wife might object to it.

Twich

1 hour ago, twich said:

wow, premium finish VF-0D....wonder how many thousands that will go for?  I would really like this, but dont want to have to sell my car, kidneys and my firstborn son to pay for it....wife might object to it.

Twich

It’s only going to be like...45000 JY plus international shipping (frakk harmony gold). 

...I have to rethink my priorities in life :/

29 minutes ago, Grimgerde said:

I'd prefer the 0A, but I'll definitely be procuring a 1D. Time to sell some stuff!

I was thinking the same thing. Glad the DX VF-1S was pay up front so November won't decimate the wallet as hard.

I am wondering if it will come with the weathering and the different shade of blue we saw few months ago at some hobby exposition. If that's the case i will definetely buy one. If not i will have to think about it. I do think though that this is probably the VF that will improve more with a premium version. Stickers on blue plastic really suck.