Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Since we never got a cannon fodder 0A I don't think we'll see the likes of a cannon fodder SV-51.

Ah so.. they only wanna do hero valks..

1 hour ago, jenius said:

I'm still a little shocked we didn't see an updated ghost accessory for the 0 toys.

Something is really missing here ,Arcadia..

48 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Ah so.. they only wanna do hero valks..

It's more of like they just do what will sell. ;) 

42 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

At least they re-did the VF-0 armor pack.

No. They just did the VF-0 Armor Pack one time. There was no Armored Pack release for the Yamato version.

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

It's more of like they just do what will sell. ;) 

No. They just did the VF-0 Armor Pack one time. There was no Armored Pack release for the Yamato version.

You don't count the unassembled, unpainted (black) version that Arcadia sold as a separate release?

Edited by DewPoint

3 hours ago, DewPoint said:

You don't count the unassembled, unpainted (black) version that Arcadia sold as a separate release?

No, I didn't. Because based on what have been discussed above is about updating the connnetors and adapters from Yamato add-ons to the Arcadia Valk releases.  (Fold Booster to YF-19 and Ghost Boosters to VF-0.) Whereas the VF-0 Armored Pack is only released by Arcadia. And not an initial Yamato add-on. Unless Sanity meant something else when he mentioned 're-did'.

Also, the initial painted Armored Pack were also sold as a separate release by Arcadia and not as a part of a bundle set.

12 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Yeah looks good. Hope amazon.jp honors my preorder. I’ve had mixed results with amazon.com and amazon.jp *fingers crossed*

I have been hearing nice things about preordering Macross figures with Amazon JP.  Mind sharing your experience with them?  I have the VE-1 and the DX Max on preorder with them and no backup...:unsure:

I've had no issues with amazon.jp yet BUT you do have to watch and see if you're buying from Amazon or a third party seller THROUGH Amazon. Packaging results have been mixed for other board members but that might also be a function of who the actual seller was. 

Amazon Japan's packaging (things shipped by AJ) is pretty obviously intended for domestic mail only.

Whether or not that's an issue, depends on how bad your local DHL service is. By me, they're decent, and the packages aren't generally damaged.

2 hours ago, rdrunner said:

I have been hearing nice things about preordering Macross figures with Amazon JP.  Mind sharing your experience with them?  I have the VE-1 and the DX Max on preorder with them and no backup...:unsure:

Amazon.jp cancelled my PO for the YF-19 DX. Amazon.com cancelled my PO for the metal build EVA. 

Packaging was not as good as AmiAmi etc. but I’ve had no issues with the items they actually send my way :)

Amazon.jp used really thin shipping boxes for some of my items , but with DHL it arrived safe and sound due to less handling and sorting.  But for my hi-metal r vf-4, they were not able to fulfill my preorder.  Luckily I did not cancel my amiami preorder.

5 hours ago, F360 said:

Amazon.jp used really thin shipping boxes for some of my items , but with DHL it arrived safe and sound due to less handling and sorting.  But for my hi-metal r vf-4, they were not able to fulfill my preorder.  Luckily I did not cancel my amiami preorder.

18 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Amazon.jp cancelled my PO for the YF-19 DX. Amazon.com cancelled my PO for the metal build EVA. 

Packaging was not as good as AmiAmi etc. but I’ve had no issues with the items they actually send my way :)

I hope they come through with my VE-1 and the DX Max. So the morale of the story is not to bet on Amazon JP alone? (assuming you’re both talking about amazon Japan GK itself, not third party sellers)

So, I moved, and tried to change the shipping location for my VE-1 on Amazon Japan, but when I try to it says it cannot be shipped to the new location.

Fortunately I can still pick it up at the old address, bit it's certainly an interesting thing.

The stands have no problem being re-routed, so it's probably due to how the VE-1 is past it's cancellation date.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, treatment said:

I like to think that Arcadia's gonna do a silent release of their VT-1 PF as a followup to their VE-1 PF.

It'll be much more acceptable than their expensive SV-51.

Why is it more acceptable?

17 hours ago, Mommar said:

Why is it more acceptable?

16 hours ago, jenius said:

because it will cost $150 less?

Plus it's cheaper to make a new head scupt and re-use the same mold twice without having to do the R+D over again, therefore cost effectiveness.

New valk = new R+D, new die cast molds, new process.

Tu nes comprend pas?

Since that we all know that the re-engineered SV-51 is asking nearly 40k yen, how would you guestimate the price of the VF-11 if and when Arcadia decides to do it (after all Arcadia does seem to have access to Yamato's files like Lolicon has mentioned).  

16 minutes ago, borgified said:

Since that we all know that the re-engineered SV-51 is asking nearly 40k yen, how would you guestimate the price of the VF-11 if and when Arcadia decides to do it (after all Arcadia does seem to have access to Yamato's files like Lolicon has mentioned).  

It's safe to assume that the price will be atleast doubled or more from when Yamato released the VF-11 back then. VF-1/SSP back then cost around Y12800. Arcadia released it around Y21800. Yamato SV-51 is Y21800. Arcadia is Y39744. As for the Yamato VF-11, it was Y19740. So expect Arcadia to have this price to around Y37000-39000.

Ya , the Yammy VF-11 was considered an over priced shelf warmer for a while. But it was one of the most line art accurate VF’s too. I loved the ejection pod and the super parts were really well integrated. (I’m speaking about the 11-C as that was the only version I had) More tampo and a bit more articulation would make this a home run for me.

Edited by Bolt

21 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Arcadia appears to be have inherited all the VF-1 molds from Yamato, so there would be no new R&D needed for a VT-1 reissue. Just tampo print everything and take my money! 

Heck, it'll be even easier for Arcadia if they do a Booby Duck PF...

3 hours ago, treatment said:

Heck, it'll be even easier for Arcadia if they do a Booby Duck PF...

Packaged with both Roy and Hikaru?

I think I need a CF VF-1A.  There seems to be a brownie shortage.

Edited by DewPoint