Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

46 minutes ago, borgified said:

Hmm.. Looking at @scand recent pic of his copy of the Yammie VF-1d, is it plausible that Arcadia can produce the VF-1d if and when if they ever issue the out the Super O? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I lucked out on Buyee/Yahoo auctions with that one. I would buy a PF VF1D in a heartbeat though.

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, scand said:

Anyone know where to find the 35th anniversary valk at a decent price ($150-170ish)?

I believe Manda has a unit for 15k/16k yen the last time I checked. You might try and see if its still listed. 

26 minutes ago, scand said:

Anyone know where to find the 35th anniversary valk at a decent price ($150-170ish)?

So far, this is the cheapest I have found....

$158.06 from eBay + $26 shipping 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ARCADIA-1-60-THE-SUPER-DIMENSION-FORTRESS-MACROSS-VF-1J-VALKYRIE-MACROSS-35TH-A/264183162726?hash=item3d828b2766:g:7nwAAOSw6Ptcpiwa

16,000 yen from Mandarake (not sure how much shipping is)

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1106802839&ref=list&soldOut=1&keyword=macross 1%2F60

There is also this...

21.565 yen from Lucky Bell (via AmazonJP) + 1,200 yen Amazon Global Shipping

https://www.amazon.co.jp/超時空要塞マクロス-完全変形VF-1J-35周年記念塗装機-VALKYRIE-Anniversary/dp/B07HK9MQNP/ref=sr_1_21?m=A3MOEUE3ASOM4D&marketplaceID=A1VC38T7YXB528&qid=1555178963&s=merchant-items&sr=1-21

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

3 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I’m really surprised the anniversary Valk is holding value and sold out at most shops. I was hoping to get one on clearance for under $100. 

Be patient. 

It will come. What we are seeing now is scalpers doing what they do best. I for one am  in no rush to get one or want one.

This seems like a case where an item selling at a premium has nothing to do with scalpers. It's hard to imagine people bought this thing up expecting to flip it for a profit... it had 'bomb' written all over it and is pretty surprising it sold out and now can only be found at a premium. 

27 minutes ago, Falcon said:

Man, the 1/60 VF-1J 30th Anniversary prices are crazy! I used to remember them practically being given away and now you'd be lucky to get it less than 40,000! :blink:

You just need to look farther from eBay. :search:

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h349863013

Get it now while it's still cheap. :db:

Just now, easnoddy said:

Tampo would make these amazing to me.  As they are, they're just ok.  I still need a 25th YF-19 or 1/48 VF-1.

Love my 25th YF-19 . I wish Arcadia would do another flat black anniversary Valk.

You should have your chance for the 1:48 now that Bandai is getting on a roll with those. 

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

Love my 25th YF-19 . I wish Arcadia would do another flat black anniversary Valk.

You should have your chance for the 1:48 now that Bandai is getting on a roll with those. 

Only Yamato YF-19 I have, the black+gold looks so smooth.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't want to start buying macross figures purely as an investment opportunity. Would rather enjoy the figure, transform it and admire it. Neither of these Anniversary VF1Js look good, to be honest. 

2 minutes ago, Dirtyboy said:

I wouldn't want to start buying macross figures purely as an investment opportunity. Would rather enjoy the figure, transform it and admire it.

Tell that to the guys and gals that collect TFs, Star Wars, 1/6 + 1/12 figures, comic books, bronies, and others.. They would like to have a word or so with you. <_< :aggressive:

So wonderfest had the pf O-D and the Sv-51 Ivanov mock up. Does anyone know what/when the next tease is going to be. Or are we still guessing and wishing?

I imagine a “Nora”. version of the SV-51 (and a cannon fodder) would be an easy guess..

26 minutes ago, Dirtyboy said:

I wouldn't want to start buying macross figures purely as an investment opportunity. Would rather enjoy the figure, transform it and admire it. 

Tell that to the scalpers. But then again, you really can't stop opportunists, can you? :rolleyes:

Just now, Bolt said:

So wonderfest had the pf O-D and the Sv-51 Ivanov mock up. Does anyone know what/when the next tease is going to be. Or are we still guessing and wishing?

I imagine a “Nora”. version of the SV-51 (and a cannon fodder) would be an easy guess..

We're still guessing and wishing, dear good sir. :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, jenius said:

I'm still a little shocked we didn't see an updated ghost accessory for the 0 toys.

Nor did we get an updated fold booster for the Arcadia YF-19, but we did get the connection points that hooked up to the old booster. 

Damn you Arcadia and your cheapskatedness.

40 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Nor did we get an updated fold booster for the Arcadia YF-19, but we did get the connection points that hooked up to the old booster. 

Damn you Arcadia and your cheapskatedness.

That was nice for the YF-19 since only the adapter needs to be updated and not the whole Fold Booster. Whereas with the Ghost Boosters, the Ghost itself needs to be updated because of the connectors.