Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

So the VF0A was not a glitch in HLJ's system. Either HLJ was holding out on us for a couple of years or Arcadia did a limited reissue of the the VF0A... What's funny is it's no longer up on their site... They were sold as quick as they came in.  What do I need to do to ensure I don't snap a hip off?

Oh, you'll just need some rum and cigar for Jobu...

Jobu-Cigar.jpg.f03faa74f288c46af19964328dc0dbd9.jpg

Oh well... for the time being it will be staying in fighter mode safely in its box. I'll just flip the lid and admire it every now and then.

hlj has a great return policy where they cover return shipping and full refund if any item is broken in the first 10 days of arrival. since the box is not taped sealed, i would open it up. you don't have to fully transform just to the point you can test out the hip bar extension immediately.

also if it's not a revision, you'll know by looking inside the heat shield. as those pins can scratch the canopy glass window. Later on the vf-0s arcadia filed down the metal pins do they no longer scrape the canopy (see my pic). check to see if the metal pins in the highlighted area on boths sides are recessed or sticking out. if they are sticking out, you know you got an old stock original release. if the pins are filed down recessed, you most likely have a revision with clean hip bars. (but double check the hip bars regardless)  

pin areas.png

On the hips, extending them is probably good, but it's rotating them, even when not extended, from GERWALK position to battroid where I had both mine fall off. If you can rotate them then I don't think the extension mechanism will be a problem.

So I manhandled the VF0A for awhile.... The good news is nothing exploded on me. I could rotate both joints but the left was much stiffer than the right. The right would almost rotate freely, the left required a little force. However, I could not get the right side to extend while exerting some force. Certainly more force than I used on the left, which extended easily. I eventually gave up and put it back to fighter and it went into it's new home on display. I did not get as far as checking the heat shield to see if the pins were flush.

On a side note this little piece was in the bottom of the plastic tray... I have no idea where it goes. It looks like a cover where a screw might be. any ideas?

little piece.jpg

Edited by scand

I think it's likely to go on a leg.  As I recall, they're fairly easy to remove and wouldn't surprise me if one came off in shipping.

Yeah, I found what i'm guessing to be ChaoticYeti's video. it looks like they are in the inner thigh covering a screw. I will wait until i'm bored later on and mess with it. His video gave me a little more courage to try  more force than what I was using.

Hi - for those of you who got the old Yamato stand, did it come with the round adapter for the VF-0's?  Do we know if someone had made these adapters available on shapeways?  Many thanks.

71WI9kk9o6L._SL1500_.jpg

The old yamato one doesn't come with any adapter for the valk itself; those come with the toy, not the stand.  I believe the Arcadia VF-0s come with adapters that work with it.

I don't know if anyone ever put one up on shapeways.

The old yamato one doesn't come with any adapter for the valk itself; those come with the toy, not the stand.  I believe the Arcadia VF-0s come with adapters that work with it.

I don't know if anyone ever put one up on shapeways.

hi thanks for your reply.  Sorry if I had confused things, but the Yamato stand has a square hole that worked with the VF-1 stand adapters with square pegs.  The VF-0 adapters, however, have round holes by design - hence really "fitting a square peg into a round hole".

2eqcuwp.jpg

The circled part seems to be an additional part that makes the yamato stand compatible with VF-0 toys, which is what I am looking for, but not sure where to get.  My VF-0S doesn't seem to come with this converter (see photo borrowed from Jenius' site below).  Notice the shape of the adapters that came with the toy and how they would fit perfectly with the highlighted part in the first pic.

Arcadia-VF-0S-PF-Focker-2-HD.jpg

Thanks - would appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction.

The original Yamato launch-arm (and even the Mighty Blocks) did not come with any specific adapter for the Zero valks. The Zero valks came with their own adapters, iirc.  At least the Zero-v1.

That "circle/pointy" adapter you circled looks to be quite specific for the Zero-v2 valks. 

Edited by treatment

That "circle/pointy" adapter you circled looks to be quite specific for the Zero-v2 valks. 

I think that is what is going on here.  If I had to guess, this is an entirely new adapter that hasn't been sold yet, that allows the launch arm to hold v2 VF-0s.  

I would hope Arcadia includes that with the new launch arm stand.  The way it is presented, it seems to imply as much.  You might want to check the product description list and see if anything resembling that adapter is listed.

Edit: I checked the description myself,  it seems like "column replacement attachment" (machine translation) might fit the bill.  Not entirely sure.

Edited by HardlyNever

I think that is what is going on here.  If I had to guess, this is an entirely new adapter that hasn't been sold yet, that allows the launch arm to hold v2 VF-0s.  

I would hope Arcadia includes that with the new launch arm stand.  The way it is presented, it seems to imply as much.  You might want to check the product description list and see if anything resembling that adapter is listed.

Edit: I checked the description myself,  it seems like "column replacement attachment" (machine translation) might fit the bill.  Not entirely sure.

Iirc, the "circle/pointy" adaptor on this new Arcadia launch-arm stand was actually the default male-connector used in the SV-51, YF-21, and the recent Arcadia Clear stands:

http://anymoon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Yamato-SV51-19.jpg

http://anymoon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/YF-21 160 Box 2.jpg

Jenius does not have a page for the Arcadia Clear Stand, but it's pretty much the same (or rather, improved) as the SV-51 and YF-21 stands.

The Arcadia Clear Stand has an additional female-connector to accomodate the male-adaptors that came with the Yammies and Arcadia valks that aren't the Zero-V2.

Iirc, the "circle/pointy" adaptor on this new Arcadia launch-arm stand was actually the default male-connector used in the SV-51, YF-21, and the recent Arcadia Clear stands:

http://anymoon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Yamato-SV51-19.jpg

http://anymoon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/YF-21 160 Box 2.jpg

Jenius does not have a page for the Arcadia Clear Stand, but it's pretty much the same (or rather, improved) as the SV-51 and YF-21 stands.

The Arcadia Clear Stand has an additional female-connector to accomodate the male-adaptors that came with the Yammies and Arcadia valks that aren't the Zero-V2.

Thanks guys for your replies and for looking into this.  I was surprised that this "circle, female square to male round" adapter has never been sold on the market (if I understood everyone's comments correctly).

The reason why I'm asking - I ordered a couple of the KO yamato arm stands which included the "0 series adapter" for an extra $3, but I didn't see these extra bits in my order when they arrived.  The listing on TB has since sold out.

If this adapter could be made on shapeways for a reasonable price, it would be a really nice addition to have for the VF-0 or SV-51s.  With the upcoming release of the Arcadia stand, I am hoping that someone could make a copy of this part, and just wanted to throw the idea out here that I, for one, will support this if it were to be made.

On 3/18/2019 at 1:19 PM, jenius said:

On the hips, extending them is probably good, but it's rotating them, even when not extended, from GERWALK position to battroid where I had both mine fall off. If you can rotate them then I don't think the extension mechanism will be a problem.

On mine, everything seemed rock solid until I used the hip extension.  I transformed it back and forth several times with no issues also rotating it on the ball joint.  Then I watched a video showing the hips could be extended for better stances when posing.  I tried it and the leg immediately popped off.

41 minutes ago, GabrielV said:

On mine, everything seemed rock solid until I used the hip extension.  I transformed it back and forth several times with no issues also rotating it on the ball joint.  Then I watched a video showing the hips could be extended for better stances when posing.  I tried it and the leg immediately popped off.

Ah, mine never made it that far before the legs came off. Bummer.

41 minutes ago, borgified said:

Hmm.. Looking at @scand recent pic of his copy of the Yammie VF-1d, is it plausible that Arcadia can produce the VF-1d if and when if they ever issue the out the Super O? :rolleyes:

Is it plausible that Arcadia will reissue the VT-1 and VF-1D? Sure it is. ;)

When will they do it? I have no idea. I'm thinking we'll be lucky if we get an official announcement before the end of the year with pre-orders for a release sometime in 2020. Of course, it could go down like the VE-1 with no one expecting anything and then (bam!) the news shows up.

Edited by technoblue