Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

Still no word if Arcadia is going to re-release the VT-1 Super Ostrich?

Nothing announced.

Admittedly, now that Arcadia has an active VE-1 Elintseeker mold, it will make their eventual production of a VT-1 easier.

Start with the VE-1. Replace the head, boosters packs, and leg armors,... and get rid of the arm attachments and radar dome entirely, Then repaint.  Hello VT-1.

I wonder if Arcadia would do a regular or PF version.... In the case of the VE-1, when Yamato originally released it, it was pretty much effectively a PF version already. But the same cannot be said for the original VT-1.  So it will be interesting to see if this is just a re-release or a PF upgrade when announced.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

That's how Arcadia gets us all @spacemanoeuvres:p 

Issue the Plain Jane version first then get us to upgrade to the PE version a year or so later. We have discussed this topic too many times to count. 

But in all actuality, this is the first time Arcadia offered a PF release prior of a regular version. Though there's no word if ever there will be a regular version after for VE-1. ;)

But in all actuality, this is the first time Arcadia offered a PF release prior of a regular version. Though there's no word if ever there will be a regular version after for VE-1. ;)

I'm actually wondering why Arcadia decided to issue their version of the VE-1 in PF first. Marketing enticement perhaps?

The Elintseeker was shown for 2 seconds (?) in DYRL and slightly different from any of the VF-1 valks due to the sensors that where plastered all over it and the oddball looking head.

I'm actually wondering why Arcadia decided to issue their version of the VE-1 in PF first. Marketing enticement perhaps?

The Elintseeker was shown for 2 seconds (?) in DYRL and slightly different from any of the VF-1 valks due to the sensors that where plastered all over it and the oddball looking head.

And to be honest, the toy incarnation of the Elintseeker is still different on how it was shown in DYRL. ;) 

As I understand it, the Yamato V2 VE-1 had a lot more tampo than the other V2 VF-1 figures.

I thought it was the VF-1J Mass Production?

It’s funny about the VE. According to the guys from podcast whom attended wonderfest .. There wasn’t much about it that looked PF. Except maybe the markings were tampo’d on instead of apply your own stickers. They didn’t seem too impressed with it. Now the VF-0D was another story. I heard the word gorgeous used ..

“And to be honest, the toy incarnation of the Elintseeker is still different on how it was shown in DYRL. ;) “

Do tell..!

Edited by Bolt
Spelling...!

The big plus is the eye insignia on the fast packs.

“And to be honest, the toy incarnation of the Elintseeker is still different on how it was shown in DYRL. ;) “

Do tell..!

It's only in DYRL for a second and it's drawn pretty funky in comparison to the final line art the toys are based on.

Edited by jenius

The big plus is the eye insignia on the fast packs.

It's only in DYRL for a second and it's drawn pretty funky in comparison to the final line art the toys are based on.

Ah so..I recall it in DYRL , just wasn’t clear how the 1/60 toys it differed from it..

Ah so..I recall it in DYRL , just wasn’t clear how the 1/60 toys it differed from it..

z3H7bxE.jpg

for comparrison:

ar190401a0_1.jpg

Oh, the new launch arm stand have quite a lot of improvement over the old one.

- storage space.

- two extra stabilizing legs.

- round plug adapter for VF-0, SV51.

- no exposed screw holes on the big arm.

- 4800 yen is only a bit more than the original price (around 4000 yen at 2004), cheaper than the knock off

I'm sure that there will be other colours available down the road David.

Made a pre-order for one already and will be using this and the Yammie version in my display. I might even do a comparison as well.   

It should be fairly obvious though.  Do they honestly expect to sell a 1/60th valk with no stand and a paltry fraction of the markings Bandai applied to their DX VF-1, for a higher price?  They had to amp up the detail to stay competitive.

Not only that, but the VE-1 is about 20% cheaper than the other recent PF VF-1s Arcadia has released.  The M&M VF-1Js were each over 31,000 yen, while the VE-1 is under 26,000.

I'm personally hopeful that they're just done with the dual release schtick, and move to giving everything the PF treatment from the get-go.  Bandai's been doing it that way from the start (minus the landing gear, of course <_<), so it just makes sense for them to raise their standards.

It should be fairly obvious though.  Do they honestly expect to sell a 1/60th valk with no stand and a paltry fraction of the markings Bandai applied to their DX VF-1, for a higher price?  They had to amp up the detail to stay competitive.

Not only that, but the VE-1 is about 20% cheaper than the other recent PF VF-1s Arcadia has released.  The M&M VF-1Js were each over 31,000 yen, while the VE-1 is under 26,000.

I'm personally hopeful that they're just done with the dual release schtick, and move to giving everything the PF treatment from the get-go.  Bandai's been doing it that way from the start (minus the landing gear, of course <_<), so it just makes sense for them to raise their standards.

+1

So the VF0A was not a glitch in HLJ's system. Either HLJ was holding out on us for a couple of years or Arcadia did a limited reissue of the the VF0A... What's funny is it's no longer up on their site... They were sold as quick as they came in.  What do I need to do to ensure I don't snap a hip off?

A picture because this thing is so purdy.

vf0a.JPG