Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

2 hours ago, borgified said:

I have a feeling that @Shizuka the Cat might be interested as we know that she has the Yammie version already or are you going to pass over this?

Of course I ordered it. I have to have:

1.) Yammie version with rainbow canopy

2.) Yammie version without rainbow canopy

3.) Arcadia version without rainbow canopy

What other choice was there?

Yeah, it was one of the surprise last minute releases before Yamato shut down, amid 30th releases of the other most popular designs.  I was hoping we'd get a VT-1 as well, but it didn't happen.  I was thrilled it happened, because I'd never gotten around to getting one the first time it was out, and was able to fill that particular hole in my collection.

2 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Well, I just pre-ordered it from Amazon JP.  The VE-1 is my favorite of all the valkyries, so I could not resist.

If we are lucky, maybe we will see Amazon do some price drops similar to how they dropped the price on the HMR VF-1D twice after the initial offering and applied said new price to those who already ordered.

*sigh* Now I kind of regret how much I spent on the 2 Yamato v2 1/60 VE-1 toys I bought. Oh well...

You shouldn’t feel bad, those Yammies have awesome tinted canopies.  Besides, you should be able to pose your favorite Valk in all three modes at once.

Edited by Mommar

38 minutes ago, Mommar said:

You shouldn’t feel bad, those Yammies have awesome tinted canopies.  Besides, you should be able to pose your favorite Valk in all three modes at once.

Technically, I have 4 favorite modes for the VE-1:

1.) Fighter with AEW&C Parts and landing gear retracted.

2.) Fighter with AEW&C Parts and landing gear extended.

3.) Fighter without AEW&C Parts and landing gear retracted.

4.) Fighter without AEW&C Parts and landing gear extended.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

4 hours ago, Alex GS said:

So is DHL their shipping method, now the thing is getting serious probably will not cancel my Amazon JP order then :D 

Will be sending it to California and so if the MSRP going  for 25 K something, and probably if AmiAmi gets it will be at 23 K something or less, and now add that Y4,500 DHL shipping so in the end will end up with the same price :D , ok I'm assuming too much I will stop now lol.

That's exactly why I'm so excited of this surprising release, a freaking slap in the face to those people.   

There’s no preorder discount for premium finish , so it will cost you much more due to no shipping discount from other stores besides Amazon.jp

1 minute ago, F360 said:

There’s no preorder discount for premium finish , so it will cost you much more due to no shipping discount from other stores besides Amazon.jp

Current speculation is that this PF is a normal retail release, rather than a web-store exclusive. Thus it probably will have a discount, rather than costing more than MSRP.

7 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Current speculation is that this PF is a normal retail release, rather than a web-store exclusive. Thus it probably will have a discount, rather than costing more than MSRP.

True , I totally forgot about them not doing the normal version this time .  But that 1200 yen amazon shipping is going to be tough to beat .

7 minutes ago, DewPoint said:

I may end up regretting this, but I'm going to wait a day or so and see if the other vendors post this.  I want one, but I don't want to commit right away.

Why not just preorder it already while you go waiting a day or so, and then cancel if you find other vendors' offering to be better than amz-jp?

The amz-jp po-page says you have until 2/11 to cancel it, anyway.

:unknw:

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

I love the rainbow canopies and still wish Arcadia would put them on their PF valks, for the price they're going for. Luckily the old Yamato VE-1 release has a lot of tampo already, so I won't have to do much work to fake a PF w/rainbow canopy. :)

2 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Technically, I have 4 favorite modes for the VE-1:

1.) Fighter with AEW&C Parts and landing gear retracted.

2.) Fighter with AEW&C Parts and landing gear extended.

3.) Fighter without AEW&C Parts and landing gear retracted.

4.) Fighter without AEW&C Parts and landing gear extended.

How odd, you left out the far superior Gerwalk mode from that list...

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

You show me a scene from the DYRL movie that shows the VE-1 in Gerwalk mode, then I might consider it.

40 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Three of the four configurations you listed also did not appear in DYRL.

Mommar got you there, Shizuka-chan. ^_^

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Three of the four configurations you listed also did not appear in DYRL.

image.png.30bbe64b7b0e7f645d17335b849725f2.png

Ta-da!  VE-1 with AEW&C Parts and landing gear extended!  =)

image.png.a17b5deb004558f368413398ada32fb8.png

Double ta-da!  No AEW&C Parts.   *ducks for cover*

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

42 minutes ago, Sandman said:

What's the deal with this? Is it a sale?

It is a sale. I'm assuming they want to clear their inventory. But only to be ship within Japan. So if anyone want to participate, better contact your favorite proxy service so they can order some for you the moment it became online on Feb 5, 7pm, JST.

arcadia_online_shop.jpg.ee5ff4f74368880881415ca985eb8e1d.jpg