Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

3 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Got one! 27000 shipped. Not bad

whoa, the price before shipping just increased from 25,800 to 27,864.  Amazon.co.jp is still the seller, not sure why the price changed.

edit:  27,864 is the after-tax price = 25,800 x 1.08.  Sorry, my bad.

Edited by rdrunner

1 minute ago, treatment said:

Saw it and got one, too.

Kinda pisses me off that we're ordering at MSRP yet again like the DX-1J.  :blink:

Just hoping amz-jp kicks in some of their usual discounting later on to drive the pricing down.

The price guarantee and the cheap & fast international shipping (1200 yen) made this a no-brainer for me even at MSRP base price.

9 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Get 7!  1 MISB, 3 x 2 in each respective mode with or without armor... haha

I think that FEXT Hobby will cover the Amour (if they have enough funding to make in 1/60). ;)

Is it fair to say that this will be the most hunted down valk when Arcadia releases it? The last regular release was the VF-1J with the GBP and it was sold out for those that where still waffling in it.

I have a feeling that @Shizuka the Cat might be interested as we know that she has the Yammie version already or are you going to pass over this?

Edited by borgified
Details

I'm good with just one, to go alongside my Yamato.

It'll be interesting to see how fast this sells out, or if it lingers like most Arcadia offerings. Hell, you can still find new Max/Milia VF-1Js.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

4 minutes ago, borgified said:

Is it fair to say that this will be the most hunted down valk that Arcadia has done upon release? The last regular release was the VF-1j with the GBP and it was sold out in fair time for those that where still waffling in it.

I have a feeling that @Shizuka the Cat might be interested as we know that she has the Yammie version already or are you going to pass over this?

What do you mean by that?

Btw, the Arcadia GBP-1J was released 4-5 yrs ago.

The last Arcadia regular release is currently the Super-1J Max since the VF-1J Tux-2.0 is currently not released yet.

Arcadia has not issued a VE-1 after Yammies v.2 take and was asking close to 50k yen (sealed in box) on secondary markets for those that wanted it (aka "Holy Grail").

So that interns that Arcadia as filled in the missing link for now for those that wanted a 1/60 VE-1 valk. Will this version of the VE-1 be a good seller or be like the Yammie V.2 version (which was lackuster I believe until Yamato folded, then the prices skyrocketed off the roof).

24 minutes ago, borgified said:

Arcadia has not issued a VE-1 after Yammies v.2 take and was asking close to 50k yen (sealed in box) on secondary markets for those that wanted it (aka "Holy Grail").

So that interns that Arcadia as filled in the missing link for now for those that wanted a 1/60 VE-1 valk. Will this version of the VE-1 be a good seller or be like the Yammie V.2 version (which was lackuster I believe until Yamato folded, then the prices skyrocketed off the roof).

VE-1 was extremely popular and sold out rather quick under Yamato.

59 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'm good with just one, to go alongside my Yamato.

This is a good plan. I like this plan...and my order is in.

My Yamato VE-1 was bought used, so it will be nice to have one in my collection that is new. I also like checking out the differences, if any, between the Yamato and Arcadia iterations—I mean, we've seen different whites already, might we get a different shade of grey? :p

Edited by technoblue
Yamato

Got it at Amazon JP at Y27 000!!,  1200 shipping 1 to 3 days priority mail !! :o  , still I will wait for AmiAmi for the PO to go online(if it happens of course) cause I never ordered from Amazon JP not sure how reliable is in comparison to AmiAmi superb packaging and delivery, if AmiAmi gets it most probably will cancel the Amazon JP order, 

Or what would be your recommendation ? :unsure:  

I might pick up one of these and sell my old Yamato one, but I've also toyed with the idea of outfitting one with an EW combat load: no dish, with missile packs on the boosters and arms, and ECM pods under the wings.  

Mostly I just love having the booster markings printed.  Honestly, if Arcadia would issue a PF vesion of just the fast packs, I'd buy a dozen of them. :lol: 

Just now, Alex GS said:

I never ordered from Amazon JP not sure how reliable is in comparison to AmiAmi superb packaging and delivery

Packaging on the stuff I've gotten has been good, however I've seen at least one picture of less than good packaging.

They are reliable, and the shipping is both fast and cheap (via DHL).

53 minutes ago, borgified said:

Well, the VE-1 was released at least twice by Yamato: 2009 and 2012(30th-anniv) versions.  Both were good sellers, iirc.

The high pricing on the secondary-market is/was due entirely to the scalpers that hoarded it back when Yamato was about to go under.

8 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

Got it at Amazon JP at Y27 000!!,  1200 shipping 1 to 3 days priority mail !! :o  , still I will wait for AmiAmi for the PO to go online(if it happens of course) cause I never ordered from Amazon JP not sure how reliable is in comparison to AmiAmi superb packaging and delivery, if AmiAmi gets it most probably will cancel the Amazon JP order, 

If you live in the US, then amz-jp is currently the best option, especially with the fast dhl-shipping. 

Ami might have better item-discounts on it if you import from them, but the shipping-fees will most likely offset that advantage.  This applies to other regular japan-shops if you import.  Maybe N-Y will still offer the boat-option if you want to get the lowest shipping-fees with the longest wait/delivery.

If you live in Japan, then maybe amz-jp is good enough at least for returns. Otherwise, ami and the other japan-shops will most likely have discounts and free shipping for japan-residents.

Don't really know which shop(s) will better for you if you live outside Japan or US.  VATs and all that other stuff...

6 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

As much as I like this design I just don’t understand why this is being released. Honestly, I would much rather pick up this item  from a KO manufacturer for less. This whole PF is really getting old. I understand Arcadia being miniscule compared to Bandai but they really should focus on some new.

The answer is probably simple. I'm pretty sure Arcadia knows which VF-1 variants that costs a lot on secondary market. They need funds so that the company can survive. And people are paying for it. So it's an easy and practical solution. Even this time is expensive compared to earlier releases, it's still a win-win for everyone. :rolleyes:

Also, have you guys notice the trend that Arcadia's doing on reissuing the sought out expensive secondary market VF-1's out there including the SDF-1 whether it's regular or Premium Finish? VF-4G. SDF-1. VF-0S. VF-1J M&M. And now the VE-1. I'm sure the VT-1 is gonna be next. Before anyone can get the chance on completing the Skull and Vermillion Squadrons, Arcadia is released the odd ones first. With that in mind, the only ones that I'm going to get with their VF-1 reissues would be the VF-1J CF and a VF-1A Angelbirds. Probably the VT-1 too. They can take their time but that's the only VF-1 reissues that I'm going to get. ^_^ 

5 hours ago, Alex GS said:

For me is freaking awesome surprising that this being release, I been trying to get one but no luck whatsoever cause the ridiculous scalping prices on the Yamato VE 1 V2 , I hope next they release the YF 21, so they can slap once more those inflated prices of the Yamato V2.   

Well, you can't imagine how the $600-1100 VE-1 eBay sellers feels about this announcement. :fool:

1 minute ago, Ipsquitch said:

Hell, reasonable markup is a-ok with me if it means I don't have to wake up and 2am and mash the refresh button for 5-10 minutes just hoping to get one from the traditional sites.

Arcadia never really have any po-madness shenanigans.

It'll prolly have a 12-months-after-release-date "madness", but never a po-madness in recent memory.

The po-madness shenanigans is totally a Bandai-thing.

2 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Well, you can't imagine how the $600-1100 VE-1 eBay sellers feels about this announcement. :fool:

They be bummin.. so sad..

7 minutes ago, Ipsquitch said:

Hell, reasonable markup is a-ok with me if it means I don't have to wake up and 2am and mash the refresh button for 5-10 minutes just hoping to get one from the traditional sites.

Are you mashin the button from the UK?

22 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

but I've also toyed with the idea of outfitting one with an EW combat load: no dish, with missile packs on the boosters and arms, and ECM pods under the wings.  

DO IT.

Edited by Mommar

4 minutes ago, treatment said:

Arcadia never really have any po-madness shenanigans.

It'll prolly have a 12-months-after-release-date "madness", but never a po-madness in recent memory.

The po-madness shenanigans is totally a Bandai-thing.

Good to know. This is my first Arcadia, I had been out of the game since the v1 Yammies. Been catching up on the DX's, but most of the PFs coming out have been too pricey.

36 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

1-3?  My only option was 3-6 days.

22 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Packaging on the stuff I've gotten has been good, however I've seen at least one picture of less than good packaging.

They are reliable, and the shipping is both fast and cheap (via DHL).

So is DHL their shipping method, now the thing is getting serious probably will not cancel my Amazon JP order then :D 

20 minutes ago, treatment said:

If you live in the US, then amz-jp is currently the best option, especially with the fast dhl-shipping. 

Ami might have better item-discounts on it if you import from them, but the shipping-fees will most likely offset that advantage.  This applies to other regular japan-shops if you import.  Maybe N-Y will still offer the boat-option if you want to get the lowest shipping-fees with the longest wait/delivery.

Will be sending it to California and so if the MSRP going  for 25 K something, and probably if AmiAmi gets it will be at 23 K something or less, and now add that Y4,500 DHL shipping so in the end will end up with the same price :D , ok I'm assuming too much I will stop now lol.

13 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

That's exactly why I'm so excited of this surprising release, a freaking slap in the face to those people.   

Edited by Alex GS

11 minutes ago, Mommar said:

1-3?  My only option was 3-6 days.

When ordering that was the time-frame that was displaying , but after placing the order I think is the same as yours, but still pretty damn fast imo :D 

image.png.23e7b47f6f5984be6b9f6c37c183c892.png 

lol I didn't put even attention if theres was more shipping options, I was like want to order it as quick as possible before the order disappears, I really want this Valk! 

Edited by Alex GS

20 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

lol I didn't put even attention if theres was more shipping options, I was like want to order it as quick as possible before the order disappears, I really want this Valk! 

I don't believe that here is any other shipping options for pre-orders/regular orders on Amazon.jp as the default is DHL (please correct me if I'm wrong). Other Japanese hobby stores have DHL, EMS or SAL.

Edited by borgified
added regular order

3 hours ago, enphily said:

Well, I just pre-ordered it from Amazon JP.  The VE-1 is my favorite of all the valkyries, so I could not resist.

If we are lucky, maybe we will see Amazon do some price drops similar to how they dropped the price on the HMR VF-1D twice after the initial offering and applied said new price to those who already ordered.

*sigh* Now I kind of regret how much I spent on the 2 Yamato v2 1/60 VE-1 toys I bought. Oh well...