Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

No kidding? This is not one I imagined we would see rereleased. Doesn't seem like it would be a guaranteed money maker for Arcadia. Good for people like me who never got a Yamato one and don't want to pay massive secondary market prices for a nice one. Then again if this pushes $300 what's the difference, haha. I like their premium stuff and will definitely get one. Wonder if the GBP is still in the pipe?

they definitely got the memo from Bandai about the markings, Max and Millia PF were at 34000 MSRP, and this Y25000 ?, that's a great reduction in my opinion. Definitely will try to get one no doubt!, somebody knows if this will an exclusive or an open item for all customers ? 

Dammit, why not the super ostrich?  There still is yet to be one without suspect shoulders.  The PF stuff is nice but  OK with the one I have.   It just makes me annoyed they weren't that way to begin with.  Not gonna bother with any PF stuff unless it's the only way they release a VT-1. I mean...this 1/60 vf-1 line is no longer the premiere vf-1 anymore right?  No way am I going to recollect everything Iin DXC at 1/48, but I'd like to just finish this up already!  Lol

Curious, although it's probably just a coincidence, Arcadia's PF SDF/DYRL reissues have been shadowing Bandai's HMR releases:

• HMR Milia 1J -> 1/60 Milia 1J + PF release
  • HMR Max 1J  -> 1/60 Max 1J + PF release
  • HMR VE-1 -> 1/60 VE-1 PF release

Wouldn't it be something if Arcadia reissued the VT-1 next with PF markings, and Hikaru's VF-1A and the VF-1D after that?

I already have the Yamato release, but I must say I'm sorely tempted by this... What to do...? What to do...?

Edited by technoblue
VE-1

4 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

they definitely got the memo from Bandai about the markings, Max and Millia PF were at 34000 MSRP, and this Y25000 ?, that's a great reduction in my opinion. Definitely will try to get one no doubt!, somebody knows if this will an exclusive or an open item for all customers ? 

it looks to be cheaper or on the range of the arcadia vf-1s hikaru PF? i thk it will be an open item at that price point....

46 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Sell the ‘vintage’ ones now. Stat! :lol:

That’s like selling your vintage Takatoku and picking up the Origin of Valkyrie 1/55s.

As much as I like this design I just don’t understand why this is being released. Honestly, I would much rather pick up this item  from a KO manufacturer for less. This whole PF is really getting old. I understand Arcadia being miniscule compared to Bandai but they really should focus on some new.

1 minute ago, nightmareB4macross said:

That’s like selling your vintage Takatoku and picking up the Origin of Valkyrie 1/55s.

As much as I like this design I just don’t understand why this is being released. Honestly, I would much rather pick up this item  from a KO manufacturer for less. This whole PF is really getting old. I understand Arcadia being miniscule compared to Bandai but they really should focus on some new.

For me is freaking awesome surprising that this being release, I been trying to get one but no luck whatsoever cause the ridiculous scalping prices on the Yamato VE 1 V2 , I hope next they release the YF 21, so they can slap once more those inflated prices of the Yamato V2.   

1 hour ago, Alex GS said:

20 minutes ago, seti88 said:

it looks to be cheaper or on the range of the arcadia vf-1s hikaru PF? i thk it will be an open item at that price point....

14 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

The best news about this is they seem to realize they should only offer PF at a lower price. Thank you competition!

I skipped the original yammie-v2, but I believe it had the most tampo-printing among the 1/60v2's.  So technically, it was already "PF" even back during the yammie-days.

The upcoming 25.8k-y msrp for it is just a little bit more than the msrp's for the regular Super/Strike versions, but I think that is mostly inline with the old yammie-practice of pricing it a bit more than the other Super/Strike versions.

While I didn't need a PF VE-1, I'll be happy to grab one. What's more exciting for me is just the knowledge that Arcadia isn't going to throw in the VF-1 towel because Bandai made their big splash. Maybe there's hope for a VT-1 later that year. The original one sold like a turd but I think that was because word quickly got out that Yamato had messed up the shoulders again.

1 minute ago, treatment said:

I skipped the original yammie-v2, but I believe it had the most tampo-printing among the 1/60v2's.  So technically, it was already "PF" even back during the yammie-days.

The big difference is the 'eye' marking on the fast packs. That was a sticker before. I bought one used with that sticker attached and it's nice.

30 minutes ago, jenius said:

While I didn't need a PF VE-1, I'll be happy to grab one. What's more exciting for me is just the knowledge that Arcadia isn't going to throw in the VF-1 towel because Bandai made their big splash. Maybe there's hope for a VT-1 later that year. The original one sold like a turd but I think that was because word quickly got out that Yamato had messed up the shoulders again.

Yep! I’m definitely glad Arcadia is still in the game and hopefully they can keep some form of competition alive so we all get better toys for less. 

I’m waiting for more Max Valks from them...1As, 1S, Virgin Road.

2 hours ago, jenius said:

The big difference is the 'eye' marking on the fast packs. That was a sticker before. I bought one used with that sticker attached and it's nice.

Not sure if it's just the marketing-sample on TH, but the "eye" sticker on it looks like still user-installed manual placement...  :rofl:

7 hours ago, enphily said:

2 hours ago, jenius said:

Yeah, I'm thinking a PF version is a good purchase.  I can keep this on in fighter hovering near my classic Gerwalk Elint.

4 hours ago, Alex GS said:

Price is the same as previous PF releases. But since 25k was the Arcadia shop price *before* tax, you ended up paying more anyway due to taxes and individual shop mark-ups. Hence the 28k to 31k you'd see on web shops.

So the question is will this be a web-only release, or general release? Latter would be great since it could be sold for a little less with the usual individual shop "discounts" and without sales tax.

Web-shop release means be prepared to pay a mark-up on top of the 25k price tag.

I'm glad there's at least one other company willing to provide quality Macross toys, despite some people's inexplicable desire for monopolies. :p

7 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Anyone ever tried ordering from Arcadia's web shop through a proxy or using a Tenso address?

Thinking it might be cheaper than using HLJ, and I'd rather avoid NY unless I have a backup on order as well.

I may try this time around. I wonder if amazon.jp will offer a preorder; can’t beat that shipping!

18 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Anyone ever tried ordering from Arcadia's web shop through a proxy or using a Tenso address?

Thinking it might be cheaper than using HLJ, and I'd rather avoid NY unless I have a backup on order as well.

10 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I may try this time around. I wonder if amazon.jp will offer a preorder; can’t beat that shipping!

So that means the usual shops for us then..

HLJ, AE, Amiami, NY, CDJ and Arcadia's as well (Amazon.jp is a maybe?).  Is there anymore that I missed out?

1 hour ago, treatment said:

Not sure if it's just the marketing-sample on TH, but the "eye" sticker on it looks like still user-installed manual placement...  :rofl:

Yeah, I think Arcadia usually uses the same images for promos and they are usually stickered. The only time they show tampoed is when they are specifically pointing out the difference.