Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

Don’t be so sure about that. Given what we’ve seen with the upcoming Takara/Hasbro Optimus Prime Masterpiece the prices were very high for new figure and this coming from a very well financially backed manufacturer. Arcadia is much smaller with lesser means and has more than once hit our wallets hard with no remorse. If you think back to the VF-0s the prices were already high to begin with and still they added insult to injury with PF release. And let’s not forget all the other PF madness and sticker shock.

But this is all speculation and I hope they consider all the other products out there wanting our funds versus their high priced items.

As long as they keep making stuff I want and it's within my means to buy them. It'd be nice if they were less expensive though. That PF 0S was really pushing it, even for me. 

This is why I'd like to see more companies producing quality Macross toys. What do have outside Bandai and Arcadia? Toynami? Evolution? Ugh. 

It doesn't help that we collectors are demanding high quality perfect transformation anime-accurate toys, which are neither cheap nor easy to produce. I've already ballparked a Bandai 1/48 VF-1 fully equipped with strike parts and missiles is going to cost in the neighborhood of 35000 yen. 

This isn't a cheap hobby. 

7 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Don’t be so sure about that. Given what we’ve seen with the upcoming Takara/Hasbro Optimus Prime Masterpiece the prices were very high for new figure and this coming from a very well financially backed manufacturer. Arcadia is much smaller with lesser means and has more than once hit our wallets hard with no remorse. If you think back to the VF-0s the prices were already high to begin with and still they added insult to injury with PF release. And let’s not forget all the other PF madness and sticker shock.

But this is all speculation and I hope they consider all the other products out there wanting our funds versus their high priced items.

Transformers has a HUGE market compared to Macross, especially Zero. Optimus Prime is an icon of the brand and pop culture across the planet. The SV from Zero is a tiny niche market of diehard fans. Pricing it higher than 350$ USD is retail suicide. 400 or more and it’ll be in HLJ’s in stock warehouse for 2 years.

4 hours ago, seti88 said:

Hopefully arcadia will commit to a release date and pricing on the sv-51, in time for next month's winter wonderfest!
Any mid-year release would make it abt a year and a half since news abt it passed? Sounds ripe for an announcement at the festival...

If they're going to show the SV-51 this upcoming wonderfest, that means that's another full 12 months for the release, right? Hmmm. More time to save pennies for one. Noice! :rolleyes:

Well, this is assuming that Sentinel is not planning to release Yellow and the Alpha at the same time. :bigshok:

Edited by no3Ljm

18 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

If they're going to show the SV-51 this upcoming wonderfest, that means that's another full 12 months for the release, right? Hmmm. More time to save pennies for one. Noice! :rolleyes:

Well, this is assuming that Sentinel is not planning to release Yellow and the Alpha at the same time. :bigshok:

No, it's entirely possible they'll show off a test-shot at Wonderfest for a mid-year release. It's been pretty quiet over there so they have to have some plans to get something to market before December 2019 (Macross, Megazone, or otherwise).

29 minutes ago, jenius said:

No, it's entirely possible they'll show off a test-shot at Wonderfest for a mid-year release. It's been pretty quiet over there so they have to have some plans to get something to market before December 2019 (Macross, Megazone, or otherwise).

Hoping that's not true. Hahaha! :lol: But if it's December release, I'll be more than happy and wallet-rested. :rolleyes:

Well i checked back in the Sv51 thread, first announced in Feb '17! Updated with pics July 18!...
We are already near the 2-year mark since  the SV-51 was announced... so arcadia "should" have a pretty well mocked up SV by wonderfest...

Edited by seti88

On 1/13/2019 at 4:38 PM, Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0 said:

I'm surprised hasn't released more repaints/rereleases of the VF-1 in the meantime. I'd be down for the following:

VF1D low vis

Super Ostrich

VF1S Max

If the latter 2 are released I think I can call my 1/60 Yamcadia VF-1 collection done.

Yeah those definitely need  re-release especially the 1D. Also the 0d and elint.

It always surprised me that Arcadia never re-released the Yamato 1:60 VF-17D/S Nightmare toys. I was hoping for a VF-17S in Milia colours from Arcadia for the longest time.

Perhaps the VF-17 was one of the molds that Arcadia didn't get when Yamato went out of business?

I think up until very recently you could still find VF-17 toys for less than MSRP on the secondary market. While I would love to see a Miria (or other) repaint, I can understand Arcadia waiting to see astronomical secondary market prices before doing committing. 

Besides than Macross target audience are much smaller than Transformers, the willingness of Macross fans to pay astronomically high price also push the prices high. All the manufacturers see that despite increase of 50% to 100% more than the original price over a short period of time, product still selling like hot cakes, the next item will be 15% to 25% more. The rest is history. Even the KOs is well into US$150 region and simply because they can. 

46 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

oh nice is this premium finish?

edit: yes it is

ARCADIA RELEASED IN APRIL 2019: 1/60 FULLY DEFORMED MOVIE EDITION "THE MACROSS REMEMBERS LOVE" VE-1 ELINT SEEKER PREMIUM FINISH 25,800YEN

Welp, time to buy this version then swap the front fuselage with the one from my old VE-1 so it'll have a rainbow canopy too. 

Probably going to be about 28k on NY, 31k at HLJ, and somewhere in between at AE.