Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

why do they have to make the anniversary schemes so.....ugly.  i bought the rainbow tuxedo 30th one to "support arcadia" because they were brand new and i didn't want them to fold lik eyaamto...I then sold it a few years later.  at least the 25th anny yamator 1/48th wasn't ugly (minus the lettering). 

i wish arcadia would have just done a 1/48 low visibility vf-1a scheme (heck make it a J or an S or a D if you want to make it different) in 1/60.  a stealth or woodland camo would have been gobbled up...those 1/48 schemes were great.  i own the stealth just because of the scheme!  or do something new like a digital camo  low viz.  also although i'm not clamoring for it, an alaska base or minmay guard would have sold like hotcakes and i'd have bought it too.  any of those would have been a nicer 35th anniversary tribute. 

should we as fans just give up on arcadia giving us interesting non hero valk vf-1 releases (there hasnt' been a non exploding shoulders reelease of VT-1) and just move on?  i suppose i could build one of those yamato kits i have and give it someone to paint but it'd always be non factory paint so  one would have to be more careful or just do one thats a mostly white scheme anyway (less paint).  i'd much rather arcadia do a new scheme release though!

5 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

why do they have to make the anniversary schemes so.....ugly.  i bought the rainbow tuxedo 30th one to "support arcadia" because they were brand new and i didn't want them to fold lik eyaamto...I then sold it a few years later.  at least the 25th anny yamator 1/48th wasn't ugly (minus the lettering). 

i wish arcadia would have just done a 1/48 low visibility vf-1a scheme (heck make it a J or an S or a D if you want to make it different) in 1/60.  a stealth or woodland camo would have been gobbled up...those 1/48 schemes were great.  i own the stealth just because of the scheme!  or do something new like a digital camo  low viz.  also although i'm not clamoring for it, an alaska base or minmay guard would have sold like hotcakes and i'd have bought it too.  any of those would have been a nicer 35th anniversary tribute. 

should we as fans just give up on arcadia giving us interesting non hero valk vf-1 releases (there hasnt' been a non exploding shoulders reelease of VT-1) and just move on?  i suppose i could build one of those yamato kits i have and give it someone to paint but it'd always be non factory paint so  one would have to be more careful or just do one thats a mostly white scheme anyway (less paint).  i'd much rather arcadia do a new scheme release though!

To be honest, I like this 35th scheme way better than the 30th one. But, I'm not saying I'll support and buy one. I'll rather display an ITASHA VF-1 than these VF-1 Anniversary schemes. I'm not sure why Arcadia can't create one. Is this another case of characters copyright permission thing? :rolleyes:

Look at this VF-1 DLC content from Macross 30 game. Who doesn't want to have this in their VF-1 collection? :wub:

Zsm67oI.jpg 

2I7HiDS.jpg 

L9y3AYM.jpg 

z8K3FLo.jpg 

zJ2uTU9.jpg 

zNdTtkv.jpg 

3 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Well I like fighter but can't stand battroid:D

Just so you know, Ignacio. The Hasegawa kit version is still widely available. ^_^

14 hours ago, Alex GS said:

Not sure where to put it so will put here :unsure:

*snips*

New pics of the "Beautiful color Designed" Arcadia VF-1j 1/60 35th Anniversary edition: 

From Facebook Supreme Mecha

Y18,144 , release date: 12/2018

Actually I'm starting to like it :)

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/45390-arcadia-160-vf-1j-35th-anniversary/

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

To be honest, I like this 35th scheme way better than the 30th one. But, I'm not saying I'll support and buy one. I'll rather display an ITASHA VF-1 than these VF-1 Anniversary schemes. I'm not sure why Arcadia can't create one. Is this another case of characters copyright permission thing? :rolleyes:

Look at this VF-1 DLC content from Macross 30 game. Who doesn't want to have this in their VF-1 collection? :wub:

First of all that is some nice CGI from that game, but I'm not such a huge fan of that itasha thing.  its a little too in your face.  the vf-171 maruyama custom is about as far as it should go i think, cool art but doesn't distract too much from the actual valk.  even smaller like the monster from frontier with the sheryl would be my preference.  that being said, that itasha scheme from that game...i'd at least consider buying it because its so different and well done.  the 35th anniversary scheme...i'm not sure how they came up with it.  theres too much lettering and at least one too many colors IMO.

1 hour ago, Mechapilot77 said:

First of all that is some nice CGI from that game, but I'm not such a huge fan of that itasha thing.  its a little too in your face.  the vf-171 maruyama custom is about as far as it should go i think, cool art but doesn't distract too much from the actual valk.  even smaller like the monster from frontier with the sheryl would be my preference.  that being said, that itasha scheme from that game...i'd at least consider buying it because its so different and well done.  the 35th anniversary scheme...i'm not sure how they came up with it.  theres too much lettering and at least one too many colors IMO.

All I'm pointing out is that the Itasha designs that's been done for VF-1 in the game, Bandai kits for VF-25, YF-29, and the VF-31 is done with a good taste than this Anniversary scheme. And to top it off, as much as how I respect Tenjin on his artwork, I'm on the fence when it comes to his Anniversary Valk designs.

21 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Zsm67oI.jpg

2I7HiDS.jpg

L9y3AYM.jpg

z8K3FLo.jpg

+1

I Love it too.

Not feeling that at all- too busy. I wish they'd rerelease the VE-1; it's really the only version of the VF-1 I'd spend money on at this point. Maybe the VT-1, too.

Other than the SV-51 they've got in the works, I'd be happy to see them take a crack at the YF-21, with lessons learned from the Yamato.

Like everyone else, I'd like to see them get a license to do a VF-5000, or a VF-9, or VF-14, or a Variable Glaug. It'd be nice to have some variety outside of Plus, 7, and the VF-1 ad nauseum.

Who thinks that Arcadia have lost the Plus license at 1/60 scale? Their teased premium finish 19 is now no where to be seen. Do they even have the 7 license at 1/60 scale any longer?

I feel like Arcadia only has SDFM/DYRL and Zero license under their belt at this point.

Bandai will compete and license Zero at 1:48 scale, and we'll see a massive DX VF-0 that puts the Arcadia VF-0 to shame. Oh man that would be 1 big plane.

17 hours ago, eggy99 said:

Who thinks that Arcadia have lost the Plus license at 1/60 scale? Their teased premium finish 19 is now no where to be seen. Do they even have the 7 license at 1/60 scale any longer?

I don't remember any premium YF-19 teaser, but I'd be sorely tempted.  I admit though, after seeing all the tampo Bandai splattered their version with, I like having the clean Arcadia as an alternative.  It probably could use the intake warnings, but it otherwise looks very accurate to the animation.

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:19 PM, M'Kyuun said:

I wish they'd rerelease the VE-1; it's really the only version of the VF-1 I'd spend money on at this point. Maybe the VT-1, too.

Other than the SV-51 they've got in the works, I'd be happy to see them take a crack at the YF-21, with lessons learned from the Yamato.

I would go for the VE-1 if it gets remade as I don't have any RVFs in 1/60 scale. As for the YF-21, that's going to be an interesting battle as Bandai just released the full package YF-21.

Edit: There is a 1/60 VE-1 listed on Jungle for 60K yen sealed.. For that price I night as well get Arcadia's take on it (and pass on the hidden damages if there is any and not noted).

Edited by borgified

35 minutes ago, borgified said:

I would go for the VE-1 if it gets remade as I don't have any RVFs in 1/60 scale. As for the YF-21, that's going to be an interesting battle as Bandai just released the full package YF-19.

Edit: There is a 1/60 VE-1 listed on Jungle for 60K yen sealed.. For that price I night as well get Arcadia's take on it (and pass on the hidden damages if there is any and not noted).

Edited for yah. ^_^

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2018 at 1:50 AM, eggy99 said:

I feel like Arcadia only has SDFM/DYRL and Zero license under their belt at this point.

Bandai will compete and license Zero at 1:48 scale, and we'll see a massive DX VF-0 that puts the Arcadia VF-0 to shame. Oh man that would be 1 big plane.

I think they have and they may have lost the Macross 7 license a few years ago. Shame if so since I could sure use a Super Ostrich reissue sans knurled pin shoulders and a VF-19P. They only did 1 release of the Fire Valkyrie with the Sound Booster and gold trim and that was it. Bandai also showed a DX Fire Valkyrie prototype at Tamashii Nations a few years back...I don't think they would've shown that if they wouldn't be able to make it.

Hard to say where Arcadia will go from here. As of December last year, they were still trying to get a greenlight from Big West to make a TV SDF-1. We've yet to see a FB2012 Skull Team VF-4 from them, presumably due to still waiting on Big West for approval.

35 minutes ago, Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0 said:

I think they have and they may have lost the Macross 7 license a few years ago.

Their Battle 7 kit was released about six months ago, so they could well still have the Macross 7 license in some form at least.

29 minutes ago, Tober said:

Their Battle 7 kit was released about six months ago, so they could well still have the Macross 7 license in some form at least.

Bandai seems to be closing-in in their promised VF-19 HMR... so :unknw:

35 minutes ago, jenius said:

Bandai hasn't done any teasing of a VF-19 HMR. They teased a DX VF-19 but it was a 3D print and paint, not something that looked like they were seriously working on. 

Thought there was one tucked away in that one immage...

5639b3df937e8.jpg

............. now that I look at the stand it's on it does seem more appropriately sized for a DX...

6 minutes ago, seti88 said:

A bandai teaser pic in an arcadia thread...oh the irony...

apologies... It was the SV-51 toys that brought me to MW in the first place... then I found out what they cost [which at the time was simply prohibitive to me], THEN I found out they were floppy...

I'd love a Nora [and a DD] in 1/60... but I'm simply not paying that much treasure for a floppy mess... I hope they nail it this time!

[and I can afford them:5: ]

46 minutes ago, slide said:

Thought there was one tucked away in that one immage...

5639b3df937e8.jpg

............. now that I look at the stand it's on it does seem more appropriately sized for a DX...

If they were serious about doing it as a DX it makes your point about limiting Arcadias avenues even more valid. That said, a DX VF-19Kai would not be a simple repaint of a VF-19Advance or YF-19 so how serious Bandai is of going down that road remains to be seen. 

I'm willing to wait for Arcadia and T-Rex to lock down the updated SV-51 and make sure it is rock solid. I had Yamato's SV-51 Nora, which was a time bomb. My copy had bad plastic that just started to crack over time--and that was in addition to the well-known loose joint issues.

As for other releases, once we get past the anniversary 1J release, I hope Arcadia will revisit its premium finish Valkyries again. With the DX YF-19, I'm not sure we need a premium finish YF-19 anymore, but I wouldn't mind a premium finish VF-19 of some sort. I would also like to see a premium finish VF-0D, VF-0A, VT-1 Super Ostrich, and maybe even a PF mass production VF-1J.