Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

Just now, Lolicon said:

Who actually buys the anniversary schemes? I'm sure some do, but is that number really enough to make a production run profitable? 

I feel kind of obligated to do it for my site but I've often wondered the same thing. At least this one is a step up from the 30th anniversario. My only thought is that BW strong arms producers into this. Like, it's in the contract that says they have to produce commemorative paint schemes because I can't figure out a reason why they would ever do this ahead of something like a VF-1D reissue.

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Who actually buys the anniversary schemes? I'm sure some do, but is that number really enough to make a production run profitable? 

I do. But only after they hit the bargain bin. Before I used to buy them immediately, but seeing as they end up as shelf warmers means I can prioritize for other items or just save money.

I can understand BW requiring a licensee to make anniversary schemes, but I can’t figure why they want them to be so overly colorful and decorated. In this example, I think if they toned it down some by removing maybe 40% of the striping and most of the lettering, it could look really good. 

I wasn’t really into the anniversary Messer scheme in HMR, but I thought it was much more tastefully done in terms of the amount of deco.

Then again, at least they aren’t doing one of these:

7730ACDA-CB4C-4A59-B06C-6B238897F501.png

2 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I can understand BW requiring a licensee to make anniversary schemes, but I can’t figure why they want them to be so overly colorful and decorated. In this example, I think if they toned it down some by removing maybe 40% of the striping and most of the lettering, it could look really good. 

I wasn’t really into the anniversary Messer scheme in HMR, but I thought it was much more tastefully done in terms of the amount of deco.

I think I would prefer these. The’re canon.

5 hours ago, Nonrenormalizable said:

I'm guessing this doesn't have a waist swivel. I will pass unless FEXT shows me how it looks armored up

Just an FYI. Yamato/Arcadia’s VF-1 releases didn’t have any waist swivel ever since. I don’t think they will put one now just for this Anniversary scheme.

17 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Insta-buys! :rolleyes:

On 9/22/2018 at 7:46 AM, ScrambledValkyrie said:

That 1J in the middle looks fabulous!

On 9/22/2018 at 8:46 AM, ScrambledValkyrie said:

pre-order when?

i want it!

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 5:46 AM, ScrambledValkyrie said:

.Then again, at least they aren’t doing one of these:

2 minutes ago, Zx31 said:

vlcsnap-2018-09-25-14h08m39s927.png

Looks like that there all ready for the Mardi Gras Party. I actually like the VF-1a flame deco and the plumage feathers more.  :p

The 1d reminds me of a fashion show that went wrong (or a drag queen moment).

5 minutes ago, Sildani said:

Ok... what was the occasion for the dressed-up Valkyries?

I believe that it was a snip from Macross 7 in order to get people to forget the Proto-devlin war that was happening.  

21 minutes ago, borgified said:

I believe that it was a snip from Macross 7 in order to get people to forget the Proto-devlin war that was happening.  

It was when Island 7 got separated from the fleet, and they were gathering both equipment and people able to operate it.

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

It was when Island 7 got separated from the fleet, and they were gathering both equipment and people able to operate it.

So I was way off... I remember the scene and wrong description. It's been over half a year since I watched M7. 

6 minutes ago, borgified said:

So I was way off... I remember the scene and wrong description. It's been over half a year since I watched M7. 

I'm watching it for the first time right now (on weekends with a friend), just watched that ep on Sunday.