Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

You guys thought of almost all of the valks that Arcadia could reissue again.

Most likely the VF-1D and the VF-0 could possibly the next item on the list?

The VF-0 (and variants) are now asking quite a premium and another round should soften the blow for the collectors that do want a copy to add their collection.

Funnily enough I have not long put my yam vf-11b next to the Arcadia yf-19 for display. I had to borrow one of my sv262 stands as to make it look kind of in formation flight. The landing gear is down on the 19 but from certain angles it does the job. Size wise I didn't realise how small it is compared to the yf-19. A reissue/remould would be brilliant as the yam 11b while looking good, does feel kinda cheap and weak. I wouldn't feel confident transforming it and I know it's an old toy nowadays. I'm very fortunate to have one along with the 21.

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

_20180904_174725.JPG

True enough. Even though my one and only VF-11C still in great shape, I wish Arcadia can go back and revise it. And after that, hope they do the rest of the VF-11 variants:

vf-11b-booster.gif.8b96501ca1453206572c31e351761054.gif

vf-11c-radome-fighter.gif.7322e774c888f0d7a53d22f591ff57ca.gif

vf-11d-fighter.gif.6650536ff2cf285f4c8ab8a9fdeee37e.gif

vf-11-unmanned.gif.83ccf365ba177d48ee5896a2638cb6ec.gif

vf11d-thunder-focus.jpg.b40f12737c1fb9fae00eb4c8230c9a73.jpg

And ofcourse, the lovely MAXL. ^_^ 

vf-11maxlcustom-fighter.gif.456f1d4e7ab9ea7f09dcedd5e8c6b3e8.gif

Images from Macross Mecha Manual. Except for the VF-11D Thunder Focus by Hasegawa.

I think we would have a better chance of Bandai releasing their own VF-11B,  seeing as Bandai now have the 1:60 Macross Plus license (if their YF-19 Full Pack is any indication). I thought it was established that only 1 licensee can hold the rights to a toy line in a particular scale, which is why Bandai cannot release a VF-1 in 1:60 scale as Arcadia are still holding that license. Does this mean that Arcadia will never release a 1:60 YF-21 now?

Best bet for an Arcadia VF-11 would be the VF-11C from Macross 7. I wonder if they are still holding the Macross 7 license.

Personally I love the VF-11B from Macross Plus. The grey colour with the orange accents are really nice. I also prefer the gunpod over the VF-11C variant. Plus Isamu flew the B. :p

If Arcadia still have the 1/60 Plus toy license, then expect expensive scalping on their part for any of it (yf-19, yf-21, vf-11b/c).

Then double-expensive double-scalping for the almost-expected "PF" versions of 'em.

Possibly still bummed ankles or some other shenanigans on their wishful YF-19v3, too, ala their VF-0A issues...

36 minutes ago, treatment said:

If Arcadia still have the 1/60 Plus toy license, then expect expensive scalping on their part for any of it (yf-19, yf-21, vf-11b/c).

Then double-expensive double-scalping for the almost-expected "PF" versions of 'em.

Possibly still bummed ankles or some other shenanigans on their wishful YF-19v3, too, ala their VF-0A issues...

Expensive regular release is fine by me as long that they're going to revisit YF-21 and VF-11. ^_^

20 minutes ago, yman1437 said:

With Bandai's YF-19 DX, wouldn't it be more likely to see YF-21 DX and VF-11 DX?

and it would be ¥10K cheaper than an Arcadia release, and have more tampo. ¥20K less than Arcadia's potential Macross Plus PF offerings. :lol:

3 hours ago, yman1437 said:

With Bandai's YF-19 DX, wouldn't it be more likely to see YF-21 DX and VF-11 DX?

yes IMO but there are pros and cons to this.

pros: cheaper and more tampo

cons:  i never think bandai's sculpting or molding is as well done aesthetically and the material is usually overly glossy, more toyish.

i didn't jump on the bandai yf-19dx and elected to keep the arcadia yf-19 because IMO it still looks better in all modes.  that being said if they do a good job i might pick up an vf-11b dx chogokin and a yf-21 dx chogokin to complete the trio if they someday do them...maybe.  yamato's efforts for those two valks were truly ahead of their time and still stand up though....and i suspect they'd still look better than something bandai would put out in this era.

7 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

cons:  i never think bandai's sculpting or molding is as well done aesthetically and the material is usually overly glossy, more toyish.

i didn't jump on the bandai yf-19dx and elected to keep the arcadia yf-19 because IMO it still looks better in all modes.  that being said if they do a good job i might pick up an vf-11b dx chogokin and a yf-21 dx chogokin to complete the trio if they someday do them...maybe.  yamato's efforts for those two valks were truly ahead of their time and still stand up though....and i suspect they'd still look better than something bandai would put out in this era.

I totally agree how superior looking anything that Yamato released along with Arcadia's YF-19 release. And I truly love my YamArcadia Valks. ^_^ 

If Bandai decided or got the rights to other Valks and ended up creating a DX YF-21 and the rest of it, even if they're not aesthetically correct and feel toyish, people here will go for it. Because no other companies are going to make it. And I can't tell at this point if Arcadia will look back and retool their old molds. We don't even know who has the rights on what, and sad to say that we all know Arcadia is just stuck with the VF-1 and the upcoming SV-51.

Anyways, let's just hope for the better. ;)

1 hour ago, rasky said:

Dang it. Arcadia release the VF-11 already!! Or the VF-22!! Let me complete the triad!

No, but yamato did quite a while ago.  yamato was arcadia's prior incarnation of sorts.  i mean arcadia has been around at least 5 or so years (time flies!) so those yamato valks are pretty old releases but very good if you can track them down for ~$300 or so (thats what i feel like they are worth each personally though everyone's probably got a different opinion on that).

Just now, Mechapilot77 said:

No, but yamato did quite a while ago.  yamato was arcadia's prior incarnation of sorts.  i mean arcadia has been around at least 5 or so years (time flies!) so those yamato valks are pretty old releases but very good if you can track them down for ~$300 or so (thats what i feel like they are worth each personally though everyone's probably got a different opinion on that).

Market price is roughly: ~$350 for YF-21 in good condition, and $350-$450 for VF-11 in good condition (seems the C costs more than the B). At least as of last time I looked around.

39 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Market price is roughly: ~$350 for YF-21 in good condition, and $350-$450 for VF-11 in good condition (seems the C costs more than the B). At least as of last time I looked around.

https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/closedsearch/closedsearch?p=1%2F60+yf-21&ei=UTF-8&auccat=0

Auction prices for the YF-21 have dropped sharply in the last month....maybe collectors are hoping for a Bandai DX release announcement soon? :rolleyes:

VF-11B prices are pretty much unchanged....VF-11C prices are at all-time "bend over" prices....:vava:

https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/closedsearch/closedsearch?p=1%2F60+vf-11&ei=UTF-8&auccat=0

Edited by jvmacross

20 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Which is funny, as my VF-11C didn't sell here, and I wasn't gouging...had to resort to Ebay to get it sold.  The 11B went faster at asking price.

It is interesting that the VF-11C is not commanding YJA "sold" prices on ebay.....although high, I think the ebay price reflects the fact that they are being sold by original owners or collectors that purchased them before the prices for them went cray-cray on YJA......the current going price for a VF-11C in Japan is keeping the resellers on ebay at bay....too much to pay for them on YJA for too little a return (or a sure loss) on ebay...

So in short, the 400-450 USD going rate on a VF-11C on ebay is actually a "good" deal at the moment.....usually it is better to just buy straight from Japan if you can...

On 9/5/2018 at 6:01 PM, Mechapilot77 said:

I don't get where you get the overly glossy part from Bandai releases. Since the YF-30 they did away with the glossy molding. The recent releases all came with a matte finish so I would assume that a potential VF-11 or YF-21 would come with the same matte finish. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2018 at 7:06 AM, eggy99 said:

I thought it was established that only 1 licensee can hold the rights to a toy line in a particular scale

That doesn't seem to be the case with Star Wars merchandise...  Revoltech Yamaguchi, S.H.Figuarts, MAFEX, and Hasbro have all released competing six-inch Star Wars figures.