Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

11 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

However, although I am issuing a normal version before releasing "PF", I am adjusting, refurbishing, etc. with "PF" based on customer comments received in that normal version.

This was the most interesting part to me and honestly I'm not quite sure how to take it. Sure it's great that they listen to customer feed back and tweak things for the PF release. On the other hand the standard release isn't exactly cheap and it kind of sucks knowing that I am the guinea pig for a future release. 

42 minutes ago, Boobytrap said:

This was the most interesting part to me and honestly I'm not quite sure how to take it. Sure it's great that they listen to customer feed back and tweak things for the PF release. On the other hand the standard release isn't exactly cheap and it kind of sucks knowing that I am the guinea pig for a future release. 

Unfortunately that's how it goes when things are produced in a single run, not everything is going to be caught during prototype phase, or on the first few test units through the line.

21 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Unfortunately that's how it goes when things are produced in a single run, not everything is going to be caught during prototype phase, or on the first few test units through the line.

On the other hand, this also doesn't excuse how lazy they've been with the tampo on the normal releases.  I can kind of understand not putting the intake warnings on the YF-19, because they weren't in the animation, but leaving so many standard markings (that were included on the original Yamato releases, even) off of the VF-0 standard releases was pretty darn cheap. <_< 

Edited by Chronocidal

3 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

On the other hand, this also doesn't excuse how lazy they've been with the tampo on the normal releases.  I can kind of understand not putting the intake warnings on the YF-19, because they weren't in the animation, but leaving so many standard markings (that were included on the original Yamato releases, even) off of the VF-0 standard releases was pretty darn cheap. <_< 

True

Limited sale July 20 7pm to July 21 7am (JPN). Limited qty available. One qty per item per person. Orders shipped out on July 25. List of items offered on bottom.

3 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

Reselling previous releases is all well and good but... I hope we actually get some new info from Arcadia at Wonderfest.  Right now, I'm a little bit worried.

I agree. But for me lately, Arcadia is like HG now. Don’t get me wrong though. It’s just that it takes awhile for them to reissue and release their old VF-1/0 products and yet months and years after it gets released they’re still re-releasing the same thing. And at this point, I don’t care about their small company excuse anymore. :unsure:

19 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

That might be a reasonable excuse for a 100% new figure. In this case though, other than the VF-0S (which I don't think they made any adjustments to for the PF), all of the PF they have released so far are 8+ year old items. How many more VF-1's do they need to re-re-re-release so that they can get enough customer feed back for proper "adjusting, refurbishing, etc"?

Now admittedly, maybe there is something being lost in the translation. The only fixes I am aware of happened with M&M and those were made with the standard as well as PF releases. Maybe the adjustments they are referencing have nothing to do with defect corrections. What they may have been talking about is that after the general releases customers were asking for tampo printings so they are now accommodating that?

9 hours ago, sh9000 said:

5147CBBA-AFF3-4592-B29E-9E4B81D5D479.thumb.jpeg.a399085af5249d7a24b056c3b3e1a4ee.jpeg

ARCADI Wonder Festival 2018 Summer Information booth No. 1-02-02 In this WF2018 summer Arcadia booth, we will focus on exhibits such as perfect deformed macross / AA alloy / 3Dlab / mega zone 23 etc. Premium Finish version new work from macross items and SV-51γ progress information ongoing will be released! From the AA alloy, we will exhibit items scheduled to start ordering soon. And from Mega Zone 23 we will exhibit Garland merchandise exhibits and from 3Dlab we will exhibit the popular "Sword series". In addition, we are planning to do sales this time, we will sell a few items below! ◆ 1/3000 perfect deformation SDF-1 MACROSS Premium Finish: 49,800 yen (tax included) ◆ 1/60 perfect deformation VF-1J Super Valkyrie Miria · F · GEnase boarding machine Premium Finish: 25,800 yen (tax included) ※ One person per person . ※ Please understand the quantity sold for a few, when sold out. ※ The contents of the goods sale may be subject to change in the hurry on the day Please come to the Arcadia booth by all means on that day! e ARCADIA Co., Ltd.

2 hours ago, technoblue said:

That’s a better machine translation than the one I got earlier. Thanks, @apptt4.

I’m looking forward to the SV-51 update the most. With luck, maybe Arcadia will have more than a picture to share?

Google translate app is pretty good, I downloaded it just today for these announcements.

I'm also super keen to hear about the SV-51, I'm obsessed with its gerwalk mode, it's so dope.

On 7/11/2018 at 3:18 PM, spacemanoeuvres said:

67841608-4A17-462E-945A-EACD101CB83F.jpeg

hey so i'm in Australia, what are my options if I want to order from their website? signing up says Japan shipment only, are there any redirect services or anything y'all recommend?

59 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

Order via proxy services. Shop around and compare the pricing and services they offer.

yeap trying some out, just had to reinstall firefox after the Buyee extension changed my ish to Japanese haha...

if anyone has ones they've used and like/dislike i'd appreciate the advice.

3 hours ago, apptt4 said:

yeap trying some out, just had to reinstall firefox after the Buyee extension changed my ish to Japanese haha...

if anyone has ones they've used and like/dislike i'd appreciate the advice.

Buyee and FromJapan both have a good rep. As @wmkjr notes, they differ in how they charge fees and in what services they offer so it’s good to shop around. Myself, I’ve been using FromJapan. I went through them to buy the PF SDF-1 directly from Arcadia’s shop. I provided FJ a direct link to Arcadia’s shop and some pictures of the item I wanted, and that started the process.

Suffice it to say, It went very well. There was some superficial damage to the SDF-1’s original shipping box when it was traveling about Japan, but I was notified when FJ received it. FJ repackaged everything for its overseas trip to me in the US. No issues there. Also, the proxy fees are clearly stated so no cost is hidden (IMO).

One thing I’m not familiar with is the different shopping apps. For better or worse, I usually hunker myself down behind a computer to buy stuff. 

7 hours ago, technoblue said:

Buyee and FromJapan both have a good rep. As @wmkjr notes, they differ in how they charge fees and in what services they offer so it’s good to shop around. Myself, I’ve been using FromJapan. I went through them to buy the PF SDF-1 directly from Arcadia’s shop. I provided FJ a direct link to Arcadia’s shop and some pictures of the item I wanted, and that started the process.

Suffice it to say, It went very well. There was some superficial damage to the SDF-1’s original shipping box when it was traveling about Japan, but I was notified when FJ received it. FJ repackaged everything for its overseas trip to me in the US. No issues there. Also, the proxy fees are clearly stated so no cost is hidden (IMO).

One thing I’m not familiar with is the different shopping apps. For better or worse, I usually hunker myself down behind a computer to buy stuff. 

How well do you think they would do with something for sale in such a narrow window? I would really like to get some Premium VF1s without having to pay $400-600 a piece.

1 hour ago, Corrinald said:

How well do you think they would do with something for sale in such a narrow window? I would really like to get some Premium VF1s without having to pay $400-600 a piece.

What @Sanity is Optional wrote above. Try to set the order up ahead of time if you can. If you can't, then you will need to wait until Arcadia reopens orders on their site for the two-day sale. At the moment, everything is showing up as out of stock. I guess that will change next Thursday or Friday?

FJ processes orders during their business hours (9am to 6pm Japan Time). Once Arcadia's site is ready, follow FJ's instructions below (Arcadia's shop falls under FJ's other category). I've been using them more for pre-orders and don't have any experience with turn-around time on a limited sale. For popular items it may be a your mileage may vary thing. For other items, you should do okay? Either way if you choose to try them out, good luck!

When you've found an item you want to order through our service, copy the product page URL into our shopping order form:

https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/urlOrder

Edited by technoblue

I've joined www.tenso.com, which gives me a Japanese address. I used that address when creating my Arcadia account, now I just hope they'll accept my Aussie debit card... 

Arcadia ship to tenso and tenso ship to me. very happy with their fees. if my card works I'll save many hundreds off the secondary market prices.

------

I tried a test purchase with my debit card on arcadia.ac and it worked fine. so those looking to order direct from Japanese websites might want to try out tenso.

Edited by apptt4
words

A friend of mine wrote to Mr. K today about the new SV-51 and he answered:

"The SV-51 is still on deveploment stage right now and it's not ready to be release soon, please be patient"

I know it's not too much but is something...

mrk.jpg.881a1976c4e397b2dd1087084cf1cb03.jpg

1 hour ago, Darotower said:

A friend of mine wrote to Mr. K today about the new SV-51 and he answered:

"The SV-51 is still on deveploment stage right now and it's not ready to be release soon, please be patient"

I know it's not too much but is something...

mrk.jpg.881a1976c4e397b2dd1087084cf1cb03.jpg

i will wait, Moon of my life...