Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

50 minutes ago, UN Spacy said:

Looks like they’re working on a 35th Anniversary VF-1J....most likely using Hasegawa’s livery.

All I can think with this is how many other products they could be producing that would actually have some kind of pre-existing demand.  Meanwhile, they dedicate all this time to intricately painting and detailing a product that's going to sit in bargain bins for years. <_< 

18 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Now that we've got premium M&Ms, I really just want a premium TV super VF-1S to go with them, and maybe a premium Hikaru 1J release with super packs.  It'd be cool seeing a premium GBP-1, but I'm not a huge fan of it personally, and would rather see a separate premium 1J release.

Despite what I said earlier about not being as interested in the PF versions, a PF TV super VF-1S would be something I'd likely go for.

• 2 weeks later...

For how much a Premium Finish going for nowadays on a 10-year-old VF-1 mold, I can’t believe that there’s still some wishing for it and probably willing to pay 3-4 times the original price. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I understand if certain Valk is missing in your collection, as do I. Or this is your first exposure on the figure hence the wish of reissues on PF format. But somehow, I rather see them re-invent the VF-1 mold or its transformation sequence (TV style like what Bandai did on their HMR) then I’ll understand their high-end asking price point. ^_^ 

I suppose arcadia is still banking on old favorites to shore up its P/L. One wonders how long PF'ing vlaks will last tho, and when will they re-invest into perhaps another macross series.

Might be interesting to see them take up frontier. tho the price point might be a doozy.

It's pretty disingenuous to constantly use prices from 2008 when talking about the cost of things today. Make it more like HMR? HMR costs as much as the Yamato VF-1 did in 2008, sometimes more. 

The HMR VF-1 is an 8 year old mold, so it's not exactly brand new, either. 

Toys across the board have gone up price. That's just the reality of this hobby.

Do I wish things were cheaper? Absolutely. 

Are the Chinese workers who make these toys going to take a massive pay cut just so you can have some cheaper plastic toys? Probably not. 

However, if you know of a place that sells new and unopened Yamato VF-1s at 2008 pricing, please share the link with us. I think everyone here will happily clean that store out. 

3 minutes ago, seti88 said:

I suppose arcadia is still banking on old favorites to shore up its P/L. One wonders how long PF'ing vlaks will last tho, and when will they re-invest into perhaps another macross series.

Might be interesting to see them take up frontier. tho the price point might be a doozy.

So PF versions are now a somewhat regular thing, I want a PF SV-51 announced alongside the regular release so I can just get that version and skip the standard release. 

I don't want Arcadia to just release a standard version, then wait a year or two before announcing a PF version. That's just a dick move. 

46 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

So PF versions are now a somewhat regular thing, I want a PF SV-51 announced alongside the regular release so I can just get that version and skip the standard release. 

I don't want Arcadia to just release a standard version, then wait a year or two before announcing a PF version. That's just a dick move. 

I'll second this! I don't mind if they release one six months before the other (like Max VF-1J) so long as they TELL us up front that the PF is coming. 

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

It's pretty disingenuous to constantly use prices from 2008 when talking about the cost of things today. Make it more like HMR? HMR costs as much as the Yamato VF-1 did in 2008, sometimes more. 

Toys across the board have gone up price. That's just the reality of this hobby.

Are the Chinese workers who make these toys going to take a massive pay cut just so you can have some cheaper plastic toys? Probably not. 

However, if you know of a place that sells new and unopened Yamato VF-1s at 2008 pricing, please share the link with us. I think everyone here will happily clean that store out. 

I would also love to clean a store for cheap price. Hahaha! :lol:

I know comparing it to 2008 is not fair. But like I said, don’t get me wrong. I meant no disrespect on Arcadia’s Premium Finish releases on those VF-1’s. New collectors really benefits on this move. But for us, old collectors of this figure, it really gets tired of seeing the same thing again and again. Atleast, with Bandai, they changed something on their Hi-Metal VF-1 mold before re-branding it. I’m just saying that prices had gone up, atleast offer something new or revised something for the customers even though they’re using an old mold. By now, 10 years have passed, they should’ve thought of something such as fine-tuning, mold redesign, or anything, right? They already revisited the VF-0, why not on the VF-1 too? Like how the arm folds in HMR, I’m pretty sure that can be done also on a 1/60 scale. Keep the rest of the mold as is, but revise the arm section. I’m pretty sure some people here would like to see that new feature too. Or they could add new gimmicks. Or better yet, why not just include display stands on every releases? They keep on putting those display stand attachments as if that all the customers have a lot of their old Yamato Display Stands or even their Mighty Block Stand. Right?

Anyways, I just think that it wouldn’t hurt to see them adding some new stuff or even try to change something than offer the same thing again and again with an added tampo prints. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

This I agree. Offer it at the same time. ;) 

I'm not bothered with Arcadia's pace or their release strategy.  If I had the benefit of a complete Yamato v2 collection by now, I would be happy with how Arcadia was giving my wallet a break between their Macross Zero projects. But that's just me.

As it is, I'm still looking to pick up a couple VF-1 Valkyries. ;) No, not the 35th Anniversary VF-1. I'm skipping that one; but I am interested in seeing Arcadia reissue other rarer VF-1 Valks, like Max and Milia. A PF Super Ostrich would be very sweet if they get to more DYRL releases. B)) If they do other TV releases, then a PF Max 1A would be nice.

Anyway, I'm in no rush to get everything all at once. I can wait. If Arcadia doesn't make anything on my wish list, then Bandai's an option. If Bandai doesn't make it, then I guess I don't really need it. :lol:

Edited by technoblue

10 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Great points, I totally agree. 

Imagine if such a store existed? MW would pillage the crap out of it in seconds!:D

10 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Yep. Just tell us the options up front. In their defense, they seem to be doing that with the later releases, SDF-1 being the best example. Can't blame them for putting out the other stuff years ago before PF was a thing and then deciding to offer a PF now. 

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I would also love to clean a store for cheap price. Hahaha! :lol:

I know comparing it to 2008 is not fair. But like I said, don’t get me wrong. I meant no disrespect on Arcadia’s Premium Finish releases on those VF-1’s. New collectors really benefits on this move. But for us, old collectors of this figure, it really gets tired of seeing the same thing again and again. Atleast, with Bandai, they changed something on their Hi-Metal VF-1 mold before re-branding it. I’m just saying that prices had gone up, atleast offer something new or revised something for the customers even though they’re using an old mold. By now, 10 years have passed, they should’ve thought of something such as fine-tuning, mold redesign, or anything, right? They already revisited the VF-0, why not on the VF-1 too? Like how the arm folds in HMR, I’m pretty sure that can be done also on a 1/60 scale. Keep the rest of the mold as is, but revise the arm section. I’m pretty sure some people here would like to see that new feature too. Or they could add new gimmicks. Or better yet, why not just include display stands on every releases? They keep on putting those display stand attachments as if that all the customers have a lot of their old Yamato Display Stands or even their Mighty Block Stand. Right?

Anyways, I just think that it wouldn’t hurt to see them adding some new stuff or even try to change something than offer the same thing again and again with an added tampo prints. :rolleyes:

The VF-0 needed a revamp, the VF-1...maybe they already consider it perfect? Sure, there are little changes that could be made but probably not worth the effort to them (or me). I really don't want to be buying another line of VF-1s unless their is significant difference and improvement. Including stands would be nice but I thought those adapters were just for Yetistands ;) :D.

Other than that, I think it's a good thing that a classic and great toy is made available as often as possible...there is nothing more annoying than wanting a toy, having the money and not being able to buy it at retail. Also, I think all releases should be PF and include stickers for those who want to further customize.

1 hour ago, technoblue said:

I'm not bothered with Arcadia's pace or their release strategy.  If I had the benefit of a complete Yamato v2 collection by now, I would be happy with how Arcadia was giving my wallet a break between their Macross Zero projects. But that's just me.

As it is, I'm still looking to pick up a couple VF-1 Valkyries. ;) No, not the 35th Anniversary VF-1. I'm skipping that one; but I am interested in seeing Arcadia reissue other rarer VF-1 Valks, like Max and Milia. A PF Super Ostrich would be very sweet if they get to more DYRL releases. B)) If they do other TV releases, then a PF Max 1A would be nice.

Anyway, I'm in no rush to get everything all at once. I can wait. If Arcadia doesn't make anything on my wish list, then Bandai's an option. If Bandai doesn't make it, then I guess I don't really need it. :lol:

Well said! This is my collecting philosophy as well. They make something I want, great! They don't make it, money saved! I already have it?...Share the wealth!

15 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Just tell that to the folks that got another DX 31f for the Messer/Hayate figure combo.. :huh: Besides.. It's their money and they're inclined to do what ever they choose.

14 hours ago, jenius said:

I'll second this! I don't mind if they release one six months before the other (like Max VF-1J) so long as they TELL us up front that the PF is coming. 

12 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

This I agree. Offer it at the same time. ;) 

That's a good idea and for those who wants another option for the same product.

Not to derail the thread further as an example: I pre-ordered a 1/6th scale figure back in March and had to select two options - Regular or the Deluxe version of the Pop Toys Warrior Women Series: The Butterfly Helmet Warrior (either in Red or Black). I wanted the regular option, but got the deluxe version in Red as the extras made more displaying options for me.

Not going to post pics of the said product, but I'm sure that you can find it.   

Just now, borgified said:

Just tell that to the folks that got another DX 31f for the Messer/Hayate figure combo.. :huh: Besides.. It's their money and they're inclined to do what ever they choose.

That’s not fair, they might just want a lineup of the Fighters from both the show and the films and the final lineup in the films has the Lil Draken tricked version.  

3 hours ago, troyness said:

I'd thought by now there'd be a VF-OA cannon fodder/ brown?? WTF happened to that sh#t?

Yeah. I hope the 0A brownie is still in development, even if it's just another made-to-order thing. Same with the PF 0D. I hope we get to see that too.

45 minutes ago, technoblue said:

Yeah. I hope the 0A brownie is still in development, even if it's just another made-to-order thing. Same with the PF 0D. I hope we get to see that too.

Yeah. I've had a year off MW. Was expecting to see OA CF in everyone's display case & strike a pose threads. Instead PF milk?

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

They should've rolled that out. Announced last 2016.

It was announced back in 2015 with the reactive armor and the Garland (which is due out soon). ;)

I guess Arcadia has their own timetable. It's pure speculation, but the 0A brownie (and any Zero reissues) might have been delayed in order for Arcadia to get a handle on the quality. Now that the 0S has been released twice (in both standard and premium format) with good quality, we might see more of the others. Of course, that is if there is time to fit any in before the SV-51 gets released.

Edited by technoblue

31 minutes ago, seti88 said:

whats the announcement about?

I used Google Translate:

【お知らせ】 過去販売をしたPremium Finishアイテムを、撮り下ろしにて紹介する特設ページが近日公開予定です! 合せましてキャンセル品等の庫出し品販売キャンペーンも開催予定! 追って情報は告知致します!

Announcement A special page to introduce Premium Finish items which we sell in the past, will be coming soon! We also plan to hold campaigns for outsourced items such as canceled goods! We will inform you of the information!