Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

They should have done a premium finish version way back then, before the Bandai YF-19. The number of peeps willing and able to buy a PF YF-19 from Arcadia is not exactly huge; the Bandai YF-19 is just going to eat into that even more.

I'd still buy a PF YF-19 if they released one now, though.

21 minutes ago, Mommar said:

A Premium Arcadia would necessitate new ankles and better articulation at the upper thigh joint for me to jump.  Those two areas are far superior on the Bandai offering even if the Arcadia one is more anime accurate.

I was thinking along the same lines at lunch. If Arcadia updated the mold as well as the finish, then this would be worth a look. If they only update the finish, though, I would pass. Bandai's YF-19 should satisfy my detail itch and the price isn't too outrageous. My guess is that an Arcadia premium/weathered YF-19 would cost close to what the premium VF-0S costs today.

23 minutes ago, Mommar said:

And they left off N.E.T.F.C. too!!!

Sorry for my ignorance but what's N.E.T.F.C. stands for again? Because I don't want those bold letters to be honest in the DX YF-19.

New Edwards Test Flight Center sounds like it....

I am on the liking it camp! Something like kaneda's bike tampo with all them logo's and such....

Ah memories of my old f-16 kit built with the big USAF letters...painted it with watercolor too! And the color is still there after 30 odd years!

F16.jpg.56f17ab45c91cffc19542e3b72b5b023.jpg

Edited by seti88

1 minute ago, seti88 said:

Kinda makes you wonder if the inevitable 21 will come with NETFC on the wings too....

As long that they're going to make a revised 21, I don't care if it's going to have that big of a mark. Hehehe. :lol:

I wouldn’t mind having an Arcadia repaint of the yf-19 supernova. I never really liked what Yamato did with that color scheme . Maybe Arcadia could do some nice flat color version of it. But then again they have a history of not getting their blues right , but I’d oribably still buy it.

• 4 weeks later...

So we toyed (pun!) with the notion of what was next for Arcadia in the SV-51 thread but I think it would be fun to jot it down here. What do you think Arcadia will reveal at the next big toy show (Summer Wonderfest?). Here's my guess:
1) Mock-up of SV-51. I'll go further, I think it will be slated for June 2019 and cost 35,000¥ and include the boosters and weapons.
2) Announcement of ghost booster VF-0 bundles
3) V2 VF-1J Anniversary Colors... maybe as a webshop exclusive if they know what's best for them
4) V2 VF-1J Hikaru with TV Super Parts in regular and PF versions (I said GBP bundle but someone else said it should be super parts and I agree)
5) Standalone GBP release in regular and PF versions

That's what I think has a pretty realistic chance of happening. That said, last year we were surprised by multiple announcements of VF-1 reissues so in that regard I wouldn't put some of the rarer VF-1 toys out of contention, maybe a VT-1 or VF-1D reissue? 

Edited by jenius

9 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Here's hoping for the following:

• Premium VF-0D with the fixed legs of the VF-0S
  • Announcement of a future VF-11B/C (since I'd love a VF-11B)

Oh man I totally blanked on the VF-0 releases, updated my list to include a ghost booster announcement. Maybe that will be the 2018 new mold and hit shelves on 12/31/18?

I'm sure that this has been brought up before, but I don't believe a Hikaru VF-1J with super parts ever existed in SDFM. Roy's VF-1S with super parts and Hikaru piloting, yes. Regardless, I'd like to see a PF armored VF-1J largely because I got into this a year after it was last released. If it came with both TV and Movie heads and fixed pose hands; that would make me really happy. 

14 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Given that Arcadia already released a 1/60 YF-19, for symmetry I hope they do a YF-21 next... complete with hard points on the wings, ordinance, and fast packs like what came with their 19.

This would be awesome. Need more versions of the YF-21 to go with my 2 (soon to be 3) versions of the YF-19.

3 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Given that Arcadia already released a 1/60 YF-19, for symmetry I hope they do a YF-21 next... complete with hard points on the wings, ordinance, and fast packs like what came with their 19.

They may well announce it, but they’ll probably also announce that it’ll be redesigned in association with T-Rex and that’ll take a year, year and a half. 

They will probably show a 51 prototype, but for ¥35,000 that needs to also include an Arcadia stand. 

Would love to see a VF-11, but again they’ll want to redesign it. 

Stand-alone GBP armor would be awesome!

I'm definitely down for a VF-0 ghost booster bundle, particularly the VF-0S.  I'm pretty sure that will be announced sometime this year (at least the VF-0A bundle).

I actually don't think a PF GBP is likely in any version (bundle or stand alone), but that is just a hunch.

If Arcadia is going to continue with v2 VF-1s, then I'd actually expect a VF-1A from them at some point.  Maybe a CF or TV Max.  But probably a DYRL Hikaru VF-1A, if I'm being realistic.  

8 hours ago, Sildani said:

They will probably show a 51 prototype, but for ¥35,000 that needs to also include an Arcadia stand.

I doubt a stand will be included in this price. After all, this is a renewal design. VF-0 releases were in that same price range yet it didn’t come with stands. And the SV-51 is bigger than the VF-0’s. Though I wish for that price it will include the boosters and missiles aside from the regular accessories. :rolleyes:

I'm still rooting for an updated YF-21 to go along with their YF-19.

Edited by no3Ljm

arcadia is definitely working on on SV-51 as of some time ago, lets hope they show what they have soon.  i loved yamato's version but it could have been better and needs an update IMO.

also i think yamarcadia fans have been wanting a shoulder problem free VT-1 Super ostrich!  we haven't gotten that yet in a non cracking shoulder treatment under yamato or arcadia and with the HMR release imminent later this year wouldn't it be good for arcadia to show their 10 year old mold is still sort of better than the HMR?

as for mac plus stuff i'm ton sure we'll see anything as zero and dyrl seem to be getting all the arcadia love so far. 

also i do wonder how their pricing strategy (price high limit production to a decent but not laarge amount over PO wty) is working out?  i miss when plane jane no fast packs V2 VF-1 valks were like 85 bucks personally (and fast packs could be had for 35 bucks).  i don't know that i'd buy an SV-51 if it were priced higher than the Vf-0S (which i struggled to justify). 

Edited by Mechapilot77

Since that jenius hypothesised that the Arcadia's SV-51 is to be released in 2019 (my guess was 2020), I'm waiting for a the eventual renewal version of the YF-21. The YF-19 somehow doesn't look too appealing to me even though it's sleeker than the YF-21. :mellow: 

Edited by borgified
wrong person id

The big wonderfest announcement will be a 1/60 Destroid Monster will a full hanger and ground crew, premium version with lights and tons of tampo for only 60k yen. Ehh maybe not but I can hope they do something crazy beyond what we already know. I wonder what happened to that old Yamato 1/60 prototype....