Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

5 hours ago, seti88 said:

What's next for Arcadia?

Only new thang am looking out for is the SV-51, and even that i might pass if its too pricey.

else......

*crickets*

I'll be getting a first release and the premium because the Ivanov sv-51 is no. 1 on my favorite Valk list. I assume they will do the cf and Nora type too. I'd probably get one of each if they do. 

26 minutes ago, F360 said:

The previous anniversary version looks like it's wearing a Tux while this one looks like it's wearing some ugly sweater :lol:

That is totally spot on! 

I would literally prefer a "Pink Peckers" paint scheme to this.

4 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Poor anniversary valk. You always so ugly :lol:

Right! :lol:

Although I would actually be enthused if this was a 1S and not a 1J. The last Anniversary 1S (IIRC) was the 1/48 gold and black scheme.

-b.

10 hours ago, seti88 said:

Hmmm.....still crickets for me i thk....

miya1804_arul01-440x660.jpg.631d6995ae6c499bbbb85623b6e0b144.jpgmiya1804_arul02-440x293.jpg.66338494af00f83cb6517052af862930.jpgmiya1804_arul03-440x293.jpg.acb2224edc188aa46ff0c1168550a3b8.jpg

google translated

Also, at Arcadia, a prototype model was displayed along with the ongoing announcement of commercialization of 1/60 perfect deformation VF - 1 J Macross 35th anniversary coating machine. 

http://hobby.dengeki.com/event/553934/

and this deserves to languish in clearance the way the first arcadia anniversary valk did.  i bought that to "support arcadia"....5 years on i hope they are in good shape because i'm not buying this POS paint scheme.

I just see that waste of materials and tampo, and think of how nice it would be to take all that money blown on the production line for this monstrosity, and put it to use making something people actually want. :rolleyes: 

I have to assume they're under some kind of contractual obligation to produce this crap, because there is absolutely zero sense in wasting all that money this way.

Edited by Chronocidal

13 hours ago, seti88 said:

miya1804_arul01-440x660.jpg.631d6995ae6c499bbbb85623b6e0b144.jpgmiya1804_arul02-440x293.jpg.66338494af00f83cb6517052af862930.jpgmiya1804_arul03-440x293.jpg.acb2224edc188aa46ff0c1168550a3b8.jpg

google translated

Also, at Arcadia, a prototype model was displayed along with the ongoing announcement of commercialization of 1/60 perfect deformation VF - 1 J Macross 35th anniversary coating machine. 

If I didn't know any better, I'd swear I was looking at a bootleg.

Dear Arcadia, instead of another Anniversary Valk how about one of these? 

VF-1A Low Vis #1 (US Navy colors)

VF-1J Stealth

VF-X  Test Model

VF-1J Cannon Fodder

VF-1D (Trainer & Virgin Road)

VF-1S Low Vis 

Any of the above should be a guaranteed purchased vs. that Anniversary Valk, Fighter mode looks decent but that Battroid is an eyesore. 

58 minutes ago, SuperDimensionalDave said:

This latest anniversary Valk looks like it was parked overnight in the "hood" near MLK blvd and got graffitied by some urban artists. 

It's for sure ugly, but if we're going there it's still better than the Nascar Valk. :p

And a million times yes to @505thAirborne - literally any of the items you listed would be preferable. Plus the always asked for Enigma or Minmay Guards.

-b.

Great list and I agree but even just stick with Yamato reissues. I mean if Arcadia wants guaranteed sales why not continue their reissue trend and give us VF-1D variants and VT-1 variants. It seems a no brainer to me. If these Yamato variants are doing $600-$1,500 on the secondary market I'd say there seems to be low stock and high demand yes?  Isn't that how secondary market pricing works. Come on Arcadia give the fans what THEY want to buy, not what you want them to buy. 

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

VF-1J Stealth

VF-X  Test Model

VF-1J Cannon Fodder

VF-1S Low Vis 

Any of the above should be a guaranteed purchased vs. that Anniversary Valk, Fighter mode looks decent but that Battroid is an eyesore. 

No one wants any of these, as evidenced by bandai’s dud of a VF-31A release. 

They need to go BRIGHTER; toss a neon racing stripe or two on there and you’ll have a hit for sure :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

VF-1J Stealth

VF-X  Test Model

VF-1J Cannon Fodder

VF-1S Low Vis 

Any of the above!

2 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

No one wants any of these, as evidenced by bandai’s dud of a VF-31A release. 

They need to go BRIGHTER; toss a neon racing stripe or two on there and you’ll have a hit for sure :rolleyes:

And an obnoxious tramp stamp on it.  I nominate a butt with a tattoo of a butt on it.  Everyone would want one.

17 hours ago, seti88 said:

google translated

I wonder how much this VF-1J will cost at release?  Being new to collecting, I have been paying a premium in picking up valkyries well after they go out of print. For once, I'd like to pick up a valkyrie at or below MSRP. *sigh*

This valkyrie looks like a perfect candidate.... to either try to remove its hideous paint job, or paint over in white. Then re-decorate with decals or something. Maybe a cheap alternative to picking up a Yamato unpainted VF-1?

Edited by Shizuka the Cat