Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

2 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Still too much though. I wonder if they are new in box. I looked everywhere on the listing to see if these were preowned. I didn't think hobby search did preowned toys.

By the way, is Max really 1/72 as posted on HobbySearch? And Hikaru's 1/60. Because I don't remember Yamato did a 1/72 scaled VF-1's. The only 1/72 scaled Valk they did was the Macross Plus Valks, correct?

1 minute ago, Sandman said:

Still too much though. I wonder if they are new in box. I looked everywhere on the listing to see if these were preowned. I didn't think hobby search did preowned toys.

"Fun" story.  Back in 2016 I purchased a v.1 super hikaru for like $150 shipped(it was my first modern Macross purchase).  I cancelled the order before it shipped luckily.  I didn't know exactly what I was buying and wanted to do some more research before committing.  Like the next day I realized what it was that I was buying, and found out Arcadia was releasing the v2 DYRL Roy in like a week.

So.. I was that guy, only worse in some ways (fortunately I didn't go through with it).

8 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

By the way, is Max really 1/72 as posted on HobbySearch? And Hikaru's 1/60. Because I don't remember Yamato did a 1/72 scaled VF-1's. The only 1/72 scaled Valk they did was the Macross Plus Valks, correct?

Yeah that's listed wrong. It's 1/60. You are right, Yamato only released the macross plus valk trio in 1/72.

8 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

"Fun" story.  Back in 2016 I purchased a v.1 super hikaru for like $150 shipped(it was my first modern Macross purchase).  I cancelled the order before it shipped luckily.  I didn't know exactly what I was buying and wanted to do some more research before committing.  Like the next day I realized what it was that I was buying, and found out Arcadia was releasing the v2 DYRL Roy in like a week.

So.. I was that guy, only worse in some ways (fortunately I didn't go through with it).

Yeah you made the right decision. Those ver ones still have a nostalgic charm to me (i still own a few), but it would be madness to buy one over a newer version. Unless it was super cheap like 20-40 dollars max. I like the thin pointy noses on the ver ones and the die cast gives them a good hefty feeling.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, seti88 said:

something from arcadia that doesn't cost mega bucks! 500yen!

5aaf1e7ce1108_ar1(1).jpg.3cf3609902204e71f1149ba6ce023de7.jpgar2.jpg.1cd20c3921417147eb52c1e9515b21cf.jpg

http://www.taghobby.com/archives/267933

taobao bootlegs in 3,2,1...

Nice! They're offering it again? This is practical for people who have lost of VF-1's in their collections. Assuming that it will also get sold in most shops. Because it will cost mega bucks once again when you need proxy services. ;)

And I'm pretty sure this can still be used even if it's equipped with Super/Strike Packs?

9 hours ago, jenius said:

They should reissue their other stand... that thing is now commanding a pretty nice premium in the after market. 

I agree. I want to have my first Yamato Arm in MSRP. Though they have to update it so it can hold all of their models. I know it was designed for VF-1 specific back then. Or they could just reissue and update those Mighty Stands too. ;)

4 hours ago, TrickyCustomer said:

I'm stoked the sv-51 is getting the Arcadia treatment (hopefully Nora & cf will follow)  but I do wonder if Arcadia will go back and finish off the the Mac plus line?

I want them to revisit the YF-21 too. But only time will tell. And by then, I'm already old and probably sold some of my collections. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

I agree. I want to have my first Yamato Arm in MSRP. Though they have to update it so it can hold all of their models. I know it was designed for VF-1 specific back then. Or they could just reissue and update those Mighty Stands too. ;)

I want them to revisit the YF-21 too. But only time will tell. And by then, I'm already old and probably sold some of my collections. :rolleyes:

It would be nice just to have some more in circulation as they are fairly rare bird these days.

35 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Seems a better bet for bandai to release 1/60 scale valks for m+, since they teased m+ in the tamashii nations trailer winter past.

arcadia most probably will sit out m+, for a while...now I want them to try frontier instead!

Bandai actually have a pretty good excuse to make one, with there being a Nuns VF-22 in Delta. But back to Arcadia anyway ahem.. :ph34r:

Crj9iHDUMAA7geH.jpg

7eNMf2U.jpg

CsLQny9UAAA1yyS.jpg

49 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Haha:p

If anything, I would get one of these just to have. It looks like it only holds valks in one position and it would look silly to have a whole collection in the exact same way.

What are you talking about? Even if it's just one position or exact same way as you put it, you can display it with Super Pack or Strike Pack. Have some with open wings, some close. You can do a lot of variant fighter poses on this display stand for sure. They won't look the same way now, right? :rolleyes:

47 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

If anything, I would get one of these just to have. It looks like it only holds valks in one position and it would look silly to have a whole collection in the exact same way.

Only holds one position, but lots of people display groups of aircraft in similar poses like that, as if they're flying together.  I think there's a certain appeal to having a massive uniform display like that, with all the valks lined up in review. :) 

Just now, Chronocidal said:

Only holds one position, but lots of people display groups of aircraft in similar poses like that, as if they're flying together.  I think there's a certain appeal to having a massive uniform display like that, with all the valks lined up in review. :) 

Couldn't argue there. ;)

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Why?  In the 31 thread someone was using pamphlet holders to display their 31’s all in an upright position.  I wouldn’t do it, but lots of other people would display their collection in a uniform manner like this.

They are a good alternative to the fighter mode bandai stands. You could definitely set some up to make a flight formation. Or even have them in rows at different heights for a collection display. Personally i want some of those yeti stands so i can have some really dynamic poses for my valks.

Edited by TrickyCustomer

So in regards to the stands, Whats the best way to order.  I have never tried to get anything directly from Arcadia.   and or would anyone be interested on working a group buy?

On 3/20/2018 at 11:57 AM, hal9000 said:

So in regards to the stands, Whats the best way to order.  I have never tried to get anything directly from Arcadia.   and or would anyone be interested on working a group buy?

Web shop items are usually sold through places like amiami, Nippon-Yasan and CDJapan.  You won’t need to do the group buy thing like in the past.

On 3/20/2018 at 10:57 AM, hal9000 said:

you can also just a proxy service to buy it from Arcadia directly for you. 

• 2 weeks later...